_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns: Active Campaigns
Campaigns that are either in planning or underway should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
20/20 in 2020 Official thread
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 02:46 PM UTC
Great job Pasi. Looks terrific. Reminds me I need to finish the one I started years ago.

Looking good Lapman
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 09:34 PM UTC
Fantastic looking Dingo, Pasi!

Looking good, Lap man! I like the pre shading.
eMan
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 1,182 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 03:18 PM UTC
Sd.Kfz.254 tracked armoured scout car finished.

sinsling
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 86 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 05:20 PM UTC
Great work Pasi...my first ever Tamiya kit I ever built was a Dingo. But it looked nowhere near as good as yours.

Lapman...wow! Great job on the 254. The Austrians would be proud! Love the treatment of the Panzer grey.

Cheers
Johanan
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 02:26 PM UTC
If only I could build in the short time you take, for such great results Lap Man. Very nice indeed.
LikesTanks
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 242 posts
Armorama: 234 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 09:48 AM UTC
Wheels and decals on my Italeri Sd.Kfz.234/1. I know it's all pristine, but it's the last moment it will definitely look alright before I risk the look with weathering processes.

Not entirely sure why my camera thinks it's August already - ah! leap year
Mrclark7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 503 posts
Armorama: 477 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 10:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice Johanan. Great airbrush control there.

Just about 3 weeks to go. I have to hustle on the M981 too. Had to do a major rebuild as Toadman's Tank Pictures posted up some great detail shots which showed I had made a couple of wrong assumptions. Hoping to finish the scratch building in the next few days so I can then get started on paint.

If anyone needs a little extra time, let me know.

geez, I have been focusing totally on the wrong campaign as far as which was is due 8/1. I pretty much have my tank destroyers build done thinking it was due 8/1. So I am pondering posting my stryker without weathering to make the date on time. Wanted to do mud, but need more time to get the splash patterns right.
Mrclark7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 11:18 AM UTC
I thought it out. I am going to go ahead and bow out of this one. I dont want to rush just to finish tomorrow. With so many nice quality builds on here it seems wrong to post as is just to get a ribbon.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 08:17 PM UTC
Nice results, Lap Man and Richard!
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 08:19 AM UTC
There are a few guys that have previously finished but haven't uploaded their pics to the gallery - there have been issues with the gallery again. I have PM'd a few guys re this.

There have also been a couple of guys that PM'd me and asked for more time as well. So I will grant a 2 weeks extension. Kelly, is that enough time for you? I'd really like to see your build here.

I have painted the FIST now - finished that yesterday after finally getting the paint I needed, but have not weathered it, so I'll take the extra time for that with you guys, but will try and upload 'as it is' pics today.

Mrclark7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 05:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There are a few guys that have previously finished but haven't uploaded their pics to the gallery - there have been issues with the gallery again. I have PM'd a few guys re this.

There have also been a couple of guys that PM'd me and asked for more time as well. So I will grant a 2 weeks extension. Kelly, is that enough time for you? I'd really like to see your build here.

I have painted the FIST now - finished that yesterday after finally getting the paint I needed, but have not weathered it, so I'll take the extra time for that with you guys, but will try and upload 'as it is' pics today.

Peter that would work for me I think. I will try for this one. If not I guess I could fall into the wheel campaign.

I just noticed that I also need to do the headlights and need to get an anti fog glue so I dont muckle that part up.

I have the wheels mudded, but still trying to figure the mud patterns and dust excess for this one.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 11:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Peter that would work for me I think.

I just noticed that I also need to do the headlights and need to get an anti fog glue so I dont muckle that part up.

That is great Kelly.

For the headlights, consider using a clear coat if the fit is good. I use Tamiya Clear gloss, just paint it around the rim, then pop in the glass parts. Angle the vehicle nose up so they don't fall off. Once it dries, I paint the gloss over the lens to make sure it stays put and the light has a good gloss sheen. I also do this when I punch out clear disks for dials, etc.

petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 06:31 PM UTC
Okay. Went to check if anyone had uploaded pics to the gallery and to remind everyone the extension is up on the 14th, and I realised I had forgotten to upload my own pics the other day...

I'm getting old...

Weathering is a bit more subtle in real life....

Will be adding aerials to the kit once the base I am doing is done and it is nice and secure on that - I attached one on the rear and promptly broke it off.

I have allocated the awards to those that have already finished, but can still award to anyone who still hits the deadline.

I hope to see a run to the extended finish line given the starters that shared in progress pics .....

Cheers all.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 09:57 PM UTC
Nice finish Peter, great work
sinsling
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 11:42 PM UTC
Peter,

That's one beautiful FIST. When a great paint and weathering job completes an awesome build, well there's really nothing quite like it. Absolutely beautiful and not overdone at all!

Thanks again for organizing a great campaign!

Cheers,
Johanan
GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 - 01:27 AM UTC
I agree with everyone else. Very nice work, Peter! And thanks for putting together a cool campaign.

Mrclark7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 12:45 PM UTC
peter, just to chime in. I will have mine posted by tonight or tomorrow. i got the headlights done and just noticed I missed the rear ones completely. Working on tonight.

petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 02:38 PM UTC
Thanks guys.

No problem Kelly. Don't sweat it. A few more hours is not an issue.
Mrclark7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 04:52 PM UTC
Here we go...

the build was my first Stryker. Mixed opionion on the Trumpeter. To many nonsense parts that were molded just to get a higher piece number I think. For some I could see liking it. But I would rather stay with the German armor. Just to much fragile when you get near the end and have to start putting on things and hope to not break anything.

Thanks for the extra time.

Nice M113. I was just looking at the Tamiya one yesterday and thinking of rebuilding it as it one was one my first back in 1982.
sinsling
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 10:39 PM UTC
Worth the wait Kelly. What a beaut!

Cheers
Johanan
GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 11:00 PM UTC
Looks damn good, Kelly!

You should join the Stryker campaign set to start next year. Try an AFV Club kit this time!

Mrclark7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2020 - 10:16 AM UTC
sinsling, love the look of the green with the winter look. i might need to try that look on a Tiger.

Lap Man- interesting build, grey always gets my attention. might actually do a whiat if build stryker in grey for fun.

Richard Long- nice, may I ask is the final look achived using a buff? I still might pull that off on mine.

Thanks to everyone...I have my gallery pics uploaded. I forget how every campaign somehow.

and to Barney- I think I have a bad filter unit on the compressor as it never catches any water.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2020 - 10:24 AM UTC
Very nice model, Kelly, I like the color shades variations in the main color.

petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 09:11 AM UTC
Sorry Kelly. I missed this for some reason

Great build. I'm glad you didn't rush it for the end as the extra time paid off. Very nice indeed. If you are serious about the grey Stryker, Richard (GulfWarrior) has proposed a Stryker GB for next year...
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/286845

Well That is it everyone. The last of the awards have now been allocated. If I missed anyone, PM me and let me know.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your company and watching all these great builds come together. I look forward to joining you in a new campaign. If you are interested, the Bundeswehr campaign still has time for you to join.

Until next time, take care.

Peter
 _GOTOTOP