_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Problems with Lucky Model?
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 06:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello,

I am a long time Lucky Model believer (since 10 years) and have always been happy with their service. And thus it is very difficult for me to understand the treatment I get with my last order ( CM1706-372111). I made the order on 30/6/2017 but it was not sent until 27/9. I don't complain at all as I was aware of the stock issue. Normally the the surface packages from LM or Hobbyeasy take 2-3 months (even if it can be up to 6 months). By the mid of January I sent a first message to LM customer service asking for help as I thought there was a problem with the package. The tracking system of the HK post was telling: 28-11-2017 14:02 HONG KONG Arrived at processing centre (inward office of exchange).
The package was sent the 27th of September so it was strange to me. Very quickly I received an answer demanding me to wait few more weeks as the surface parcel can take up to 6 months. ok I waited. Beginning of march I sent next email asking for help as the tracking n° was no longer valid. I even contacted the HK post office but got the same answer. I tried to contact LM but al my messages (3 to be precise) are read but.. no answer since beginning of march. I'm pretty disappointed as it is not the LM I was used to deal with.

Pawel

Pawel,

Your money on the order has been reverted to store credit, we bear the mail lost already. We have really shipped the item and well sometimes, mail get lost. So, you better to order with trackable air mail again.

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 06:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I cannot understand only why for some countries in Europe shipping is twice as much than others? That puts me off buying from them, except aftermarket items, which have free shipping option.
Otherwise no problems with items in stock, they ship fast.

The shipping rate is not defined by us, by the post office. Please understand.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 06:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I ordered a lot from them.
Not any more.
i have a running order where 2 pcs are reserved and the 3rd is 'in progress'. Don't know how long i have to wait for it.
If i order from them in the future: i first look if there are +6 in stock.
Then i place the order.
I got other sellers on e-bay that are also cheap and fast.

Dear Luc,

can you drop me an email to [email protected] ? As the system stay in progress mean we are backordering from the supplier network. Until we have direct purchase connection, it would take sometime.

If you want to ship those reserved, you just send the request and we will handle it.

Raymond
Kenny22
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 05:22 PM UTC
I ordered six airplane models together in February and five became reserved, finally, the last item Yak-38 seemed to arrive yesterday, everything became reserved. I'm looking forward to shipping, today, Yak-38 has changed to Back Order again and I got a tremendous shock. Anyway, I asked a question to the Lucky Model at first, but is there such a thing often? It is very sad to let me expect a good thing and disappoint.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2018 - 05:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I ordered six airplane models together in February and five became reserved, finally, the last item Yak-38 seemed to arrive yesterday, everything became reserved. I'm looking forward to shipping, today, Yak-38 has changed to Back Order again and I got a tremendous shock. Anyway, I asked a question to the Lucky Model at first, but is there such a thing often? It is very sad to let me expect a good thing and disappoint.

Dear Ken san,

I checked your order and we have error in display. First, your order is fully reserved and we will ship out today.

The reason what make this happen is the transfer of good. Since from Jan 2018, we have multiple warehouse in operation (China, HK and coming US)

The goods arrive in warehouse 6 May in China, since your other items are in HK warehouse, therefore, the system will automatically asking for transfer to HK to combine other goods. The item is locked for your order, but in between the transfer from China to HK, the item "disappear" from the stock system and it is in transit. I am not aware of the such condition before.

I will patch this bug and adding "In Transit" from China to HK to avoid misunderstanding.

The transfer will HK today and it will goes out to Postal.

We are in the progress to smooth things out with multiple warehouse operation.

For US and Canada customer, we are working out a new local shipping rate for North American customers with the new US warehouse.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Regards
Raymond
Kenny22
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2018 - 05:35 PM UTC
Hello Ray-san,
Thank you very much for your information. Then I'll wait a little more. I'm looking forward to them, so I have become worried by a few changes.
Regards.
Kentaro
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2018 - 05:45 PM UTC
See what I mean? Raymond is on this forum and dealing with customer complaints. You guys can buy from LM in total confidence. If there is an issue, just reach out to them. But also be sure to give them a few days, since there's a BIG time difference, especially with the US.

Thanks, Raymond. 謝謝
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2018 - 07:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

See what I mean? Raymond is on this forum and dealing with customer complaints. You guys can buy from LM in total confidence. If there is an issue, just reach out to them. But also be sure to give them a few days, since there's a BIG time difference, especially with the US.

Thanks, Raymond. 謝謝

Suggestion. Maybe a moderator can change the title to something more positive like 'Lucky Models Customer Support - Kitmaker portal'. I see that the first post is getting on to 10 years old now.

Cheers

Gluefumes
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2018 - 12:53 AM UTC
Whats the story with Takom?
Looks like they are no longer stocked at Luckymodel.
Only current stock listed.
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 528 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 - 12:34 AM UTC
I can only concur, I had it with luckymodel. I’ve been a long time customer, over 10 years and spend more money there than I wanted.

I never had any complaints, but the last year the service has gone the drain.

An order in the beginning of this year was charged 3 times!!! After many, many mails with hardly any response it was eventually solved. However the order was shipped in several boxes, and of course halted by customs so I had to pay an unpleasant uplift.

On my last order this summer all items were fully reserved, except one pre order item. Then the pre order item came in stock but one of the fully reserved items wasn’t suddenly reserved anymore! Eventually 3 months later everything shipped.

But what really makes me furious, I always had the items shipped to my mothers house since I’m at work. Unfortunately she deceased last week. So, I contacted lucky model, explained the situation and asked to change the delivery adress. Something that is possible with every carrier.

Only response was, we can’t do that! So, I have no idea where the shipment will be delivered.

Lucky model, never again.
Reforger-Victim
Visit this Community
Hessen, Germany
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 - 01:13 AM UTC
Ordering for 5 years there, had many problems with shipping etc..But all problems were kindly and quickly solved by Luckymodel..I m really satsified with service, prices and offers...Sometimes they are a little slower than other shops especially with new items...
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 - 01:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I can only concur, I had it with luckymodel. I’ve been a long time customer, over 10 years and spend more money there than I wanted.

An order in the beginning of this year was charged 3 times!!! After many, many mails with hardly any response it was eventually solved. However the order was shipped in several boxes, and of course halted by customs so I had to pay an unpleasant uplift.

On my last order this summer all items were fully reserved, except one pre order item. Then the pre order item came in stock but one of the fully reserved items wasn’t suddenly reserved anymore! Eventually 3 months later everything shipped.

But what really makes me furious, I always had the items shipped to my mothers house since I’m at work. Unfortunately she deceased last week. So, I contacted lucky model, explained the situation and asked to change the delivery adress. Something that is possible with every carrier.

Only response was, we can’t do that! So, I have no idea where the shipment will be delivered.

Are you not able to notify your post office to redirect the mail sent to your mother's residence?
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 04:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Dave,

Sorry to hear the lost of your mother. I check your case, the order was shipped on 29 August via the postal services, so we cannot get the package back and change the address. The package will be shipped to the address you register at your order.

The address change can only happen to courier services where the normal postal services cannot be changed.

You can call to the postal services with the tracking # given to redirect the package to your place with verification.

We post the package out on 29 August and you request to change on 7 Sept where the package has been loaded onboard. Once it go to the postal office, it is out of our hands.

At the same time, you mention our services has drained last year ?
And I checked we haven't received any orders from you in 2017. So, how we can deliver a bad services to you ?

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 04:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

We dropped the TAKOM line since Jan 2018. So, we only sell what we have left in stock.

This is not the first time we drop a brand, like we dropped Dragon 10 years ago. So we can put our resources focus to do better some brand like Rye Field, Bronco and Thunder Model.

Raymond
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 05:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

We dropped the TAKOM line since Jan 2018. So, we only sell what we have left in stock.

This is not the first time we drop a brand, like we dropped Dragon 10 years ago. So we can put our resources focus to do better some brand like Rye Field, Bronco and Thunder Model.

Raymond

dear Raymond

Could you clarify a bit further your remarks about dropping a brand? When the brand is "dropped" does that mean your store will only stock Takom/Dragon from time to time (occasionally)? My order CM1806-393211 has two Dragon kits still outstanding (waiting for "in stock"). They are listed as "in coming" on your website for a while now. CS Elsie advise she does not know when the 1943 Kharkov Pzr IVG and Pzr Beo Sd Kfz 250/5 Neu will be in stock. your clarification will help me decided if I want to wait indefinitely for these 2 remaining Dragon kits. Your remarks about dropping Dragon confuses me as i was able to get the other 3 Dragon kits that are now in transit to me.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 05:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Raymond

dear Raymond

Could you clarify a bit further your remarks about dropping a brand? When the brand is "dropped" does that mean your store will only stock Takom/Dragon from time to time (occasionally)? My order CM1806-393211 has two Dragon kits still outstanding (waiting for "in stock"). They are listed as "in coming" on your website for a while now. CS Elsie advise she does not know when the 1943 Kharkov Pzr IVG and Pzr Beo Sd Kfz 250/5 Neu will be in stock. your clarification will help me decided if I want to wait indefinitely for these 2 remaining Dragon kits. Your remarks about dropping Dragon confuses me as i was able to get the other 3 Dragon kits that are now in transit to me.

Basically if we dropped the brand, we mean we will remove the listing from our site. For Dragon, we remove most of the listing from our site as we don't certain the restocking availability.

For your order items, we have secured order from our supplier and we are just waiting the slow boat to arrive as those items no longer in stock even at Dragon and we are doing a reserve restocking from overseas unsold kit.

Raymond
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 06:05 AM UTC
Wow. Thanks for the quick response Raymond.
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 528 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 - 04:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Dave,

Sorry to hear the lost of your mother. I check your case, the order was shipped on 29 August via the postal services, so we cannot get the package back and change the address. The package will be shipped to the address you register at your order.

The address change can only happen to courier services where the normal postal services cannot be changed.

You can call to the postal services with the tracking # given to redirect the package to your place with verification.

We post the package out on 29 August and you request to change on 7 Sept where the package has been loaded onboard. Once it go to the postal office, it is out of our hands.

And I checked we haven't received any orders from you in 2017. So, how we can deliver a bad services to you ?

Regards
Raymond

Hello Raymond,

Thank you for your message.

I got lucky, the packages were delivered just at the day that I was in my elderly home, cleaning up. So I received the order last week.

This year, I ordered on April 4th and June 23th. I’ve been a client for many years, most of the time ordering for 200 USD or more. In the past, service was always excellent. Quick replies and responses which were actually helpful.

On the order of April 4th, my credit card was charged 3 times. On the June order, fully reserved items, suddenly weren’t reserved anymore. When you ask why, no repose is given.

Concerning the dates of the last shipment, you don’t choose when someone dies. Especially when it’s very unexpected. So I couldn’t request a change anytime sooner. Anyway, with all courier services and our postal service you can change the delivery address.

My main grief with luckymodel today is the lack of decent responses you get. What’s the use of asking questions when they are just ignored by the receiver...

Dave
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 - 08:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dear Dave,

Regards
Raymond

Hello Raymond,

Thank you for your message.

I got lucky, the packages were delivered just at the day that I was in my elderly home, cleaning up. So I received the order last week.

This year, I ordered on April 4th and June 23th. I’ve been a client for many years, most of the time ordering for 200 USD or more. In the past, service was always excellent. Quick replies and responses which were actually helpful.

On the order of April 4th, my credit card was charged 3 times. On the June order, fully reserved items, suddenly weren’t reserved anymore. When you ask why, no repose is given.

Concerning the dates of the last shipment, you don’t choose when someone dies. Especially when it’s very unexpected. So I couldn’t request a change anytime sooner. Anyway, with all courier services and our postal service you can change the delivery address.

My main grief with luckymodel today is the lack of decent responses you get. What’s the use of asking questions when they are just ignored by the receiver...

Dave

Dear Dave

Sorry that we do not know the sadness during the time, so maybe the response does not sound good.(like a robot) I can understand my CS may reply like a robot
When she reply tons of email daily. I apologise for them to you.

As for the credit card charging, as we do not keep your cc data, the duplicate charges happen when you think the payment does not go through and you keep retry it.

We have investigate the detail and it is caused by the user end browser redirection issue where we cannot ensure how the configuration it is. So we are thinking a new way to automatically screen out the “possible” duplication before the day end closing process. So to avoid the mess refund procedure as those are done in manual operation.

But you can ensure that you get refund we do not want to keep your money.

Heading way back to Hk after Malaysia event.

Raymond
Matte_Black
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 05:01 AM UTC
Raymond, any way you can check the status of an order for me? I ordered 6 months ago and am on the fence as to weather to cancel or not.

Order #CM1804-390094

Thanks
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 05:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Raymond, any way you can check the status of an order for me? I ordered 6 months ago and am on the fence as to weather to cancel or not.

Order #CM1804-390094

Thanks

Dear John,

Please email to [email protected], i don't want to use this threat as customer services.

In fact, you place the order 6 months before but you forget to pay it. So, the system will not ship to you

Regards
Raymond
 _GOTOTOP