Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Problems with Lucky Model?
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:12 AM UTC
My third order for Legends stowage sets placed on March 3 shipped out today March 20. I am still waiting for order #2 of Hobby Boss kits to be shipped. LM is still trying to get one of the kits (and a pair of Tamiya scissors).
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 - 07:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks guys for your willingness to post updates. I think another gripe I have about LM's process is that some companies like Hobby Easy will not charge your credit card until all the items are ready to be shipped out. LM on the other hand will hold onto your money for however many months while "pending" (6+ months or close to a year?) even though no shipment is made. I am getting slowly turned off by LM.

I have run into this with them and I am going to visit them less because of this. They know what is in stock as they claim they have 'real time' status ability. If item says 'in stock' and you order it right then, then that should be in your basket. You pay right then, and it should ship to you in 2 days or so, no longer than 4days. They won't contact you if they KNOW it's not in stock after you pay so they keep the money until you squauk at them. 'My Request' input can take 4 or 5 days to get answered. You get offered 'store credit' or....wait for your your kit to get to them via slow fat dragon lizard cart so they can mail it to you. Either way, they have your money. They do not make it easy for PayPal payment because PayPal is extremely quick about yanking back the payment on cancellation of orders vs. CC companies who may be open to negotiating with the vendor case by case.
So great prices on what you want, but don't count on getting what you want when you want. If you can tolerate 2+ months of wait then it's a good deal.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:40 PM UTC
I'm hoping to see my order delivered, in the next couple of days.

I believe that Hobbyeasy is worse, when it comes to shipping. First, they don't provide real time inventory. Then, your package sits around for a week, waiting for them to ship it. After that, it sits around for several more days waiting for HK postal service to actually ship it. Then, it sits for a while, in New York(customs). After all of that, it travels to no less than two other hubs before it is sent to you.
Neil_Kirby
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:17 PM UTC
I have a one item balance of an order, which will have been 'pending' with Lucky Models for 10 years next month. Now it's only worth $5 and I have never bothered chasing it!
Neil
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 12:49 AM UTC
The second order I placed on Feb 9 shipped out today. However I have one item each from first and second order that are still waiting for it to be in stock. I can wait for them.
StanNC
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 02:52 AM UTC
Okay ordered AFV M109A6 last October. In early Feb 17 told it is unavailable. Four days later, before I can respond it's suddenly reserved for shipping. Two days after that it's full released to packing floor. It's five weeks later and it's still fully released to the packing floor. Will it ever be shipped? Buyer beware!

On the plus side the "in stock" items ordered in August '16 came in last week.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 03:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

August 2016?! 8 months for shipping? How?!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 01:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

August 2016?! 8 months for shipping? How?!

Join the order, they said. See the world, they said. Must have taken a wrong turn, at Albuquerque.
Jay_Antony
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 03:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I believe that Hobbyeasy is worse, when it comes to shipping. First, they don't provide real time inventory.

What are you basing this on?

AFAIK Hobbyeasy has an actual functioning real-time inventory system (with the exception of Eduard items - have been advised before that Eduard items may be out of stock but as they can be quickly resupplied, Hobbyeasy will show these as in stock always). As multiple posts above demonstrate, when you order an 'in stock' item from LM, you never know whether it will actually be in stock, and you won't find out until after you have paid.

By contrast, in 53 orders I have placed with Hobbyeasy, only ever had one 'in stock' item be out of stock - which was an Eduard item. That's a fantastic record compared to my LM experience which I have described elsewhere above and which has aged me about 10 years. I still sometimes wake in the night reliving the horror of my 2014 attempt to order 'in stock' Vallejo flat red.

As for shipping speed, Hobbyeasy usually dispatches more quickly than LM and in my part of the world at least, their packages get here in more or less the same time as a comparable shipping class does from LM.
Jay_Antony
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 03:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I too have only good things to say about LM customer service.

Even stuff that are not in stock will eventually be shipped to you, although sometimes not at the time frame specified.

I can recall on ordering a set of resin wheels for my FAUN truck and having forgotten all about it when they finally came after some 9 months or so. When I ordered them they were said to be available and propable restock at about two months. My point is that you will definately not lose money with LM, and that you will get your order eventually.

And you can always cancel the delayed order and buy other stuff from them, not many stores do that.

Good that you are happy Nikos with the service you have received. Personally I would not be impressed with paying for something that was ostensibly 2 months away and then waiting 9 months for it. It's not good enough for me that I will get my stuff eventually and not lose my money - it's 2017 and I expect online retailers to be sufficiently evolved so as to give accurate representations about stock and timing etc.

I also am not impressed by the 'feature' whereby after paying for something that turns out not to actually be in stock, you may cancel the order and order something else or get store credit. How about a refund like every reputable online retailer I have ever dealt with would offer? I am genuinely surprised and mystified by how how much slack many in the modelling community are ready to cut large online hobby stores. If it's a one-man band then sure - am more accepting of issues.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 05:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I believe that Hobbyeasy is worse, when it comes to shipping. First, they don't provide real time inventory.

What are you basing this on?

AFAIK Hobbyeasy has an actual functioning real-time inventory system (with the exception of Eduard items - have been advised before that Eduard items may be out of stock but as they can be quickly resupplied, Hobbyeasy will show these as in stock always). As multiple posts above demonstrate, when you order an 'in stock' item from LM, you never know whether it will actually be in stock, and you won't find out until after you have paid.

By contrast, in 53 orders I have placed with Hobbyeasy, only ever had one 'in stock' item be out of stock - which was an Eduard item. That's a fantastic record compared to my LM experience which I have described elsewhere above and which has aged me about 10 years. I still sometimes wake in the night reliving the horror of my 2014 attempt to order 'in stock' Vallejo flat red.

As for shipping speed, Hobbyeasy usually dispatches more quickly than LM and in my part of the world at least, their packages get here in more or less the same time as a comparable shipping class does from LM.

I have placed several items listed as "in stock" and been informed, at a later date that they are not. Hobbyeasy has never posted one of my orders in less than two days. LM does it in two. Right now, LM is faster as far as shipping goes(airmail).
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 06:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have placed several items listed as "in stock" and been informed, at a later date that they are not. Hobbyeasy has never posted one of my orders in less than two days. LM does it in two. Right now, LM is faster as far as shipping goes(airmail).

That's interesting...I've gotten stuff from HobbyEasy in less than a week, but more often than not its anywhere from 11-17 days to get it. They normally ship within 24 hour or so.

I'm also within a couple hours of NYC, and I've seen wonky stuff with customs also.
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 07:02 PM UTC
Hobbyeasy usually ships in 24-48 hours and I have the shipment in about 7-10 days. And they provide a tracking number. Getting a tracking number out of Lucky is hard and I do choose the airmail option.

My issue with Lucky....I ordered a DEF accessory set and waited and waited and waited. Found it at Spruebrothers and had it in 3-4 days. Before I placed the order with Sprue, I cancelled the Lucky order, got store credit and ordered a Miniart SU-85 which showed in stock. Been weeks, so I guess it wasn't in stock after all. FRUSTRATED with them.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 07:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hobbyeasy usually ships in 24-48 hours and I have the shipment in about 7-10 days. And they provide a tracking number. Getting a tracking number out of Lucky is hard and I do choose the airmail option.

My issue with Lucky....I ordered a DEF accessory set and waited and waited and waited. Found it at Spruebrothers and had it in 3-4 days. Before I placed the order with Sprue, I cancelled the Lucky order, got store credit and ordered a Miniart SU-85 which showed in stock. Been weeks, so I guess it wasn't in stock after all. FRUSTRATED with them.

Greg

I check your order changes and we ship the kit in next day last month already.
It has been 3 weeks after posting you still do not get it ?

Your Packard route via UK unregistered mail but it should reach you in last than 3 weeks.

Starting from early march we have switched back to hk post e-express which should reach you in 10 days with tracking if you selected.

Pls contact me or our CS if you do not get in by the end of this week.

Raymond
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 - 10:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Greg

Your Packard route via UK unregistered mail but it should reach you in last than 3 weeks.

Starting from early march we have switched back to hk post e-express which should reach you in 10 days with tracking if you selected.

Raymond

Ok, it's the end of the week and the mail came, no SU-85, but I got the order I placed after the SU-85, the 2 J's Work rubber molds.....
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Greg

Raymond

Ok, it's the end of the week and the mail came, no SU-85, but I got the order I placed after the SU-85, the 2 J's Work rubber molds.....

We handle this as mail lost, a replacement package has been ready on monday to post to via e-Express via HK Post with tracking, so you should get it before 7 April.

Raymond
JimboHUN
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 443 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:15 PM UTC
I have never had any issues with LM, though I only order stuff that I can wait for for weeks or months. The estimated dates are a bit vague, an out of stock item was (and still is) on "backorder 2-3 weeks", but my order is still pending after around 6 weeks, so keep that in mind.

I normally by bits and pieces only (mostly PE), though I have also ordered two smaller kits which I recevied OK. I would not buy anything big/expensive though, not because of LM, but because I don't trust postal services in general

Cheers,

Adam
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:38 PM UTC
My order shipped, on the 14th. It should have arrived, yesterday(25th). Still waiting.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 05:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My order shipped, on the 14th. It should have arrived, yesterday(25th). Still waiting.

Your order was shipped via HK POST already. Seems the postal even from HK POST vary from time to time. But don't worry, it should be here in next week.

Regards
Raymond
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 10:50 PM UTC
Raymond

Thanks for fixing my orders with substitutes so they can be closed up.

About the items that could not be had from Hobby Boss and Tamiya. Are they are out of production? I am especially surprised at how difficult to find the particular Tamiya scissors for a reasonable price.

There are several Hobby Boss kits I would like to obtain too. HB still list on their website so they cannot be Out of production. LM lists 1 week possible restock. I hope LM will upgrade /change these estimates as I find it very unreliable. I understand LM has no control over the inventories of the factories, but those estimates are misleading to customers.
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 02:39 PM UTC
I think this has turned into a an all out attack on Lucky Model, and I do not think they deserve this much hate.
Their website is flawed, sure, but they always deliver, or they replace the missing items for store credit. Their flat 2$ shipping can't be beat when it is active, and they stock items few others do.
I do most of my online shopping with them or hobby easy. 30% LM, 60%HE and 10% ebay. Can't say a bad word about either since all "faults" were within reason.
And for tracking there is a checkbox in the upper right hand corner if you want the package tracked.
And please realize they are not responsible for shipping speed. I once waited for 2 months for a package that was sent by air mail, it turned out it spent over a month in HK customs, for no apparent reason. And that wasn't the sellers fault.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 04:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think this has turned into a an all out attack on Lucky Model,

So far, members have only recounted their experiences, with LM. Thais not called an "attack". And, it is helping Ray to better his delivery service.
Onkos1
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 90 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 05:18 PM UTC
Every time I order from LM I get an email with tracking number usually sent by DHL, so I can check where my order is. I have never waited longer than a week for my order.
StanNC
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 09:54 PM UTC
Hey not attacking. But they have some obvious issues. It's not attacking to inform you of real ongoing problems that exist and the status of their being resolved. Mailing time is not the issue here. When an item is ordered and listed as in stock, then said to be reserved for your order only to be cancelled from your order several days later without explaining is not really acceptable business practice. And yes I have a whole chain of e-mails requesting what has happened to my orders. The answers are evasive. It was here on this forum that real explanations were being posted. I feel for them (Lucky Model) and they seem to be doing the right thing for their customers.

However, they're not there yet. I go to their website check product availability see items listed as in stock. Go to my orders from last August and see no action to fill the order. E-mail then as to status and availability for my order and still no meaningful response. Simple question do you or don't ypu have the items I have ordered? If you do are they available to fill my order? If not what are you doing about it? How about letting me know how your doing on my order? And yes I have checked box to get tracking numbers. And yes my listings for shipped items are absent any tracking information.

So I wait.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey not attacking. But they have some obvious issues. It's not attacking to inform you of real ongoing problems that exist and the status of their being resolved. Mailing time is not the issue here. When an item is ordered and listed as in stock, then said to be reserved for your order only to be cancelled from your order several days later without explaining is not really acceptable business practice. And yes I have a whole chain of e-mails requesting what has happened to my orders. The answers are evasive. It was here on this forum that real explanations were being posted. I feel for them (Lucky Model) and they seem to be doing the right thing for their customers.

However, they're not there yet. I go to their website check product availability see items listed as in stock. Go to my orders from last August and see no action to fill the order. E-mail then as to status and availability for my order and still no meaningful response. Simple question do you or don't ypu have the items I have ordered? If you do are they available to fill my order? If not what are you doing about it? How about letting me know how your doing on my order? And yes I have checked box to get tracking numbers. And yes my listings for shipped items are absent any tracking information.

So I wait.

Dear Stanley,

First your order has been filled. The AFV Club restock take longer than expected.

As for the in stock/no stock issue, as I explained before, it is due to warehouse optimizer program. But starting from this thread, we have disabled this operation and all the orders will be served as FIFO basis. The next question for us is the warehouse space for the pending order.

Yes it is troublesome that the reserved being pull out, but as I told it was disabled.

As for the tracking#, by default, all SURFACE MAIL is set with registered tracking number as the surface mail may encounter mail loss. For air mail, it is not a MUST for most country (except Italy, Brazil).

Unlike the old days when we have a registered mail tracking# label stored at our warehouse, some new mailing services use API services to extract tracking number digitally. For shipment by AIR via e-express to US/CA will have a tracking number around 12 hrs after it has been packed. (We are working on a new software to auto exchange the tracking#). After it is packed and shipped to the outbound rack, HK POST office will send back the tracking# and we upload back to the system. Therefore, please expect a 1 day delay of tracking# information after it show shipped.

We will modify the status from "Shipped" to "Packed" soon and when the post office tracking received, we will change the status to actually "shipped".

Whenever you receive the shipment notification, the tracking# should be there.

Regards
Raymond