Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Problems with Lucky Model?
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 05:34 PM UTC
Based on what I have seen from LM and read here, Lucky Model has A LOT of work to do before I take my business and money there. I am staying away, and would recommend that everyone else does as well, until we see these issues resolved. My money will be going to HobbyEasy, better stock and less hassles.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 08:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So to add insult to injury, I request a change in my order to satisfy their system, Trumpeter ASLAV-25 kit at $21.99 for the unvailable Trumpeter Grizzly at $21.99 and their customer service says that will be $4.00 more please....
I have seen both boxes and they are the same size....WTF....and on top of that they indicate they can't get the decals now....so I want my paypal refund and cancel the order...my business is going elswhere.....and trust me when I say if they don't refund me thru Paypal, Paypal will get an ear full until LuckyModel looses their paypal account for fraudulant business practices....

Dear Marc,

Sorry for the troublesome and bad feeling on your first purchase with us.

First, I have done the PayPal directly by myself. All funds has been send back to your PayPal account. I see your request via My Request.

As the details on additional cost on shipping

TP01505 1/35 Canadian Grizzly 6x6 APC (Improved Version) is weighted 340g and size 30x22x5.

The requested changed item

TP00392 1/35 ASLAV-25(Reconnaissance) is weighted 512kg and size 41x26x6.0

I understand the angry from your stand point, but just want to let you know those computer program calculate the charges base on the program, no human feeling build into it. And our CS just follow the "system" and sorry she does not have the sense that she may override the computer and put the original price on shipping which we should bare for it.

But she also stayed that the changed item is not in stock so we may not able to ship to you instantly.

Sometimes, a small changes to the weight and dimension of the product can have a great impact to the shipping charges. From small packet to oversize parcel type shipping.

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 08:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Raymond,

I'd appreciate an explanation of the latest and new to me example of 'oddness' with my current order.

Per the picture below, I ordered THREE units of Mr Dissolved Putty - which were in stock PRC 2 week wait etc etc. .

Now the order status says LM have "partially reserved" for me only TWO units.

I assumed you must only have TWO units to fill my order of THREE that I have paid for.

But ...

the LM website says there is currently TWO units of Mr Dissolved Putty in stock - per picture below. Doesn't even say PRC etc.

So if you have two units in stock, how about you give one of them to me since I paid for it already?

You explained above how LM takes reserved items off customers to fill other orders that can be immediately completed, but in this case the spare units are just being offered for sale to a new customer. Really hope this is a mistake and not another LM process.

Would appreciate your thoughts - thanks (and have also sent a note through the My Request system).

Dear Jared Otto,

thank you very much for your detail feeedback. and I apologize it as I am the one who develop the program.

Ok, first, we have removed all "DANGER GOODS" from our PRC warehouse where we have a batch of goods was hold by China custom during the transfer to HK (we can assume it is lose and claim by the custom as we forget to do some MSDS declaration).

So, since I was in PRC warehouse last week to clean the mess and figure out "why" the stock cannot be found, I trigger to milk run restock from other sources in HK (but not in full). Your order was allocated with it on last Friday but since T-108 was not arrived, the order still hold and not released.

For your feedback on GU P119, it is very strange why our back end system show the figures to -1 (overbooked - goods in stock is 1 pc behind to full delivery to pending order). while the website show 2pc ? Sure this is not case where the order was reallocated to other orders. I drilled to the source code and checking the data pattern and I discover a program inconsistence in the order RESERVATION process and the STOCK LEVEL INDICATOR (showing the stock qty online).

the logic in RESERVATION process take into account that RESERVED qty means the customer pay money. Right ? And the stock qty ready for sales should be STOCK ON HAND - RESERVED QTY (paid order).

The error came from the forumlar in "Paid Order". IN RESERVATION PROCESS, the system take Paid order as "payment more than $0.1" and STOCK LEVEL INDCATOR as "order with full payment".

In our system, some customers has some "Partially Paid" order such as order in the process of changes. Therefore, an order is under "changed" in between before the customer pay the balance. The RESERVE PROCESS will calculate that as "PAID ORDER". In GU P119, 6 pcs are hanged into this group and with the payment or $1 in 2010. We have a fraud case that 2-3 "theft" has tried to hack our order page, but putting $1 and release the full shipment. in 2010, we lost around $6,000 without detected. A small bug in order release just let the order out without the full payment. I think I miss to fix the RESERVATION SECTION of code.

In 2013 June, we have implement the web stock level upgrade, where it should 1 - 6 or 6+ program. In this upgrade, we treat the RESERVED as fully paid order (not partial paid). Therefore it difference between RESERVE and STOCK in the site is different.

Now, the RESERVE process has been patched. Thanks for your input - I should reward your help on this matter. In case, if any strange things happen, please email me at [email protected] as nowadays, we don't have too much QA time in software modification.

So, under the new RESERVE PROCESS, your order should allocated with 3 pcs and now the site show 5 pcs (more than 2!). The current stock is 12pcs - (PAID order not yet shipped), the qty ready for sales is 5.

Owning to the current case, I have stopped to the shorter pending process by setting we have unlimited warehouse space, so, the stock will not be reallocated to other orders.

At last, your order should go to POST OFFICE tomorrow with tracking#. And just advise us via My Request how to handle last item not yet ready (cancel/refund).

Some more upgrade will surface, but I cannot solve all the program matter in few days.

Although PRC warehouse stock qty has some trouble at the moment, you can find a lot of discontinue item from there. Some of the items is over 20 years.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback and we will keep going on to make better selection and services.

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 08:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So of the 9 items on my order 5 show full reserved and 4 show pending. The 4 that are pending 2 of still show on the site as in stock PRC. The other 2 show that they are now backordered with a several month wait. My question is if the 2 in PRC make it to HK can I then choose 2 kits of equal price and in stock to replace the two on backorder to get my order shipped.

Yes, you can send the request. (I am going to do it via web program upgrade, so you can do it by yourself, not asking the CS). But beware, since different item has different weight and dimension, the shipping charges may change. better to check the in stock item at the moment.

Regards
Raymond
backswampcub
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 157 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 09:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So of the 9 items on my order 5 show full reserved and 4 show pending. The 4 that are pending 2 of still show on the site as in stock PRC. The other 2 show that they are now backordered with a several month wait. My question is if the 2 in PRC make it to HK can I then choose 2 kits of equal price and in stock to replace the two on backorder to get my order shipped.

Yes, you can send the request. (I am going to do it via web program upgrade, so you can do it by yourself, not asking the CS). But beware, since different item has different weight and dimension, the shipping charges may change. better to check the in stock item at the moment.

Regards
Raymond

My order was placed during the 2 buck flat ground shipping promo. So are u saying I would have to pay more shipping if I swapped items?
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 09:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Regards
Raymond

My order was placed during the 2 buck flat ground shipping promo. So are u saying I would have to pay more shipping if I swapped items?

Under $2 shipping, the rule still apply $2. But without the $2 shipping, the system will adjust.
backswampcub
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 09:46 PM UTC
Not sure if that means yes I would pay more shipping. There are 4 items pending two of which show PRC the other 2 show backorder. The two backorder I can swap. But the other two the italeri LCVP and LCM I have to have for a project.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not sure if that means yes I would pay more shipping. There are 4 items pending two of which show PRC the other 2 show backorder. The two backorder I can swap. But the other two the italeri LCVP and LCM I have to have for a project.

$2 shipping is an exception program, once the order belongs to $2 shipping, the program will override the normal shipping calculation. In short Yes, you keep the $2 shipping.

LCVP and LCM will be in next around of transfer from China.

I think I better change the 2 weeks transits to 3 or 4 weeks as the picking and shipping performance there is not as fast as HK.

Regards
Raymond
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think I better change the 2 weeks transits to 3 or 4 weeks as the picking and shipping performance there is not as fast as HK.

Regards
Raymond

Hi Ray,
I think it would be better to over-estimate than under-estimate the shipping times to buyers. From my experience, 4 to 6 weeks were more reasonable/realistic from your PRC warehouse to HK dock. Less angry people with lower expectations.

My two cents.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Regards
Raymond

Hi Ray,
I think it would be better to over-estimate than under-estimate the shipping times to buyers. From my experience, 4 to 6 weeks were more reasonable/realistic from your PRC warehouse to HK dock. Less angry people with lower expectations.

My two cents.

China to HK is very unstable. The quickest time from transport can be 1 day, but also can up to 4 week.

Especially some events in China, the transport time is totally unpredicatable.

Regards
Raymond
backswampcub
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:09 PM UTC
Ray I sent a my request for substitutions for backordered items. I will await PRC on my 2 italeri landing craft.
HK_AFV
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 431 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 05:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

China to HK is very unstable. The quickest time from transport can be 1 day, but also can up to 4 week.

Especially some events in China, the transport time is totally unpredicatable.

Regards
Raymond

Hi Raymond,

I have been a happy local LM customer for a long time and I think you need to reconsider a few areas affecting customers' experience with LM.

(1) Charging for items that is not actually 'In Stock' combined with a not so convenient refunding procedures could turn away new and returning customers. No one likes to pay for some merchandise and wait for months without delivery.

(2) Expectation management on LM is weak because the estimation of items delivery/arrival times were way too optimistic. The 'PRC-In Stock' thing made the situation worse as you explained above.

(3) Hobby Easy uses another payment/charging method that is less automated but basically avoided the above problems.

Hope you can find a solution to please your not so satisfied customers, your efforts to explain the issues were appreciated.

Paul
Gotrek58
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 06:03 AM UTC
Oh my gosh! Item status just changed to "packing" - the order was placed 8/6/2016
Maybe LM had extreme difficulties with DEFmodel

Michael
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 09:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh my gosh! Item status just changed to "packing" - the order was placed 8/6/2016
Maybe LM had extreme difficulties with DEFmodel

Michael

Sorry Michael, it has been a long delay. But now the resupply starting to resume.

Regards
Raymond
davejr
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 11:42 AM UTC
I have only made one purchase from LM and it went smooth.I've been following this thread and i must commend Mr Chung for responding to everyone and trying to fix the problems that have resulted in some unhappy people.It is not easy dealing with thae public.I had a problem years ago with a french resin manufacturer that took my money never sent my 500.00 + order and never responded back to me or refunded my money.so it's good to see Mr Chung trying to nip these issues in the butt .good luck
Gotrek58
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 01:21 PM UTC
I'm not unhappy with LM. This was my 10th order an the 1st time with a delay. I think, this time they only had some problems with DEFmodels - sh.. happens! All other orders were done quickly.

Michael
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 03:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have only made one purchase from LM and it went smooth.I've been following this thread and i must commend Mr Chung for responding to everyone and trying to fix the problems that have resulted in some unhappy people.It is not easy dealing with thae public.I had a problem years ago with a french resin manufacturer that took my money never sent my 500.00 + order and never responded back to me or refunded my money.so it's good to see Mr Chung trying to nip these issues in the butt .good luck

Your word is a battery recharge for me! However, this is no excuse that we make anything wrong. We should do it right at the first place.

In fact, I as the owner and also the IT guy, I should refine our logistics system from time to time. We have been scheduled to rewrite the entire web site using the 2016 web tech coding. But my time has been fully occupy with the Kinetic tooling development.

Happily, I have the solution on the Kinetic side now. The new subcontractor is making the tool some good item from Dragon (e.g. M1A2) in the past. So, my time can roll back to the LuckyModel to resume our edge in the mail order operation. In 2017, a lot of new system upgrade and change in LM will happen which we planned for long time but not realize because of the dragging with the old tooling subcontractor. If sometimes have our latest F/A-18, and compare with the previous release, they know what I am talking about.

In fact, the weakness of Luckymodel (and also the strength) is our automation level. For one side, we can do the operation faster than others, however, the agility is not fast as the system cannot work as human flexible. But sure, nowadays, for mail order company, the automation level define the edge of the company. But also, if the automation is not doing right, the trouble can easily expanded like this time. I will move up to enhance the code to meet the demand. And other resupply will arrive here soon.

Anyway, thanks for your patient and we are resuming all the enhancement now.

Regards
Raymond
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 04:23 PM UTC
Hello to everyone. I would like to share my experience with LM. I have already placed over 30 orders in LM since 2011. I did not have any problem occured in the past until 2016, when i placed an order with instock items which turned into pending after 24hrs. Anyway the problem was solved with a small time delay. I want to congratulate their communication system through the REQUEST form in each ACCOUNT. I always had immediate replies in 24hrs in every question i placed. Now concerning delays in deliveries and management of stock, i think Ray you should reconsider and replan of your logistics system. I am sure that you will find the way and convenient method. The first step should be a new items list including all the available from manufacturers items and exclude the out of production items. Next step might be to find more quick and accurate suppliers and then replan your warehouse logistics and eshop. I am sure that you will find the solution.
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 06:33 PM UTC
I placed an order just after Christmas 2016. There was one of Item A & B in stock but Item C had to come from PRC. While Item C was incoming, Item A was then removed from "hold" for my order to "Out of Stock". When Item C came in , Item B & C were sent to me. When I contacted LM both Ray and a CS representative explained what happened. My Item A is currently en route.

I have ordered 2 or 3 times with LM and their service is great. Ray seems to care a lot about his business and is not above to admit that all business can review their practices to make things better. Look forward to your changes Ray.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 08:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I placed an order just after Christmas 2016. There was one of Item A & B in stock but Item C had to come from PRC. While Item C was incoming, Item A was then removed from "hold" for my order to "Out of Stock". When Item C came in , Item B & C were sent to me. When I contacted LM both Ray and a CS representative explained what happened. My Item A is currently en route.

I have ordered 2 or 3 times with LM and their service is great. Ray seems to care a lot about his business and is not above to admit that all business can review their practices to make things better. Look forward to your changes Ray.

Dear Brain,

As I mentioned above, I have set the warehouse volume space to 99999999 (very large), so, our "warehouse compressor logic" will not active anymore. Your "traffic-light" case were history already.

Anyway, sorry for the trouble.

Regards
Raymond
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:02 PM UTC
Hey Ray

I appreciate the response and apology. Please don't take my post as a complaint. I was satisfied at how it was explained to me and how it was handled.

I will order again in the future.

Cheers

Brian
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2017 - 11:29 PM UTC
Just an update on my orders. First order placed Jan 25 as part of the $2 flat shipping promotion shipped March 6 (minus one Tamiya scissor which I guess LM will ship out later). Second order place Feb 9 as part of $2 flat shipping promotion is mostly "reserved" pending one Hobby Boss kit. My 3rd order placed March 3 under the 15% off promotion looks like it will be updated by next weekend when all the Legends stowage sets come in on March 15.
ziggyfoos
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 06:05 PM UTC
I've placed about 60 orders with LM and had as I recall only one glitch (which was corrected). It had been about 9 months or so since my last order, and the "in stock at PRC" label was new to me when I placed a new order two weeks ago. Of the four items I ordered, one (Tamiya Citroen) was in stock at PRC, the other three showed normal "in stock".

After reading this thread I was worried the other three would go to someone else while waiting for the Citroen. They hadn't thankfully, but now I see after the two week PRC warehouse wait that the Citroen status has changed to "INSUFFICIENT QTY in PRC W/H FOR ALL PENDING ORDER, ADD. PROCUREMENT IN PROGRESS" and the order tab now shows "restock" while the website shows it now back-ordered.

Unfortunately I have little patience especially for a "simple" Tamiya kit that is pretty readily available so I submitted a "my request" to just cancel that Citroen and refund partial payment and ship the three that are available.

This was my first and last time I'll place an order with anything tagged "PRC in stock", not worth it to me. I'll just stick with ordering only those marked "in stock." I will continue to use LM though without any hesitation. I agree with others though the system could be improved and I also prefer credit card not charged immediately when order placed. Really look forward to LM's system changes in that regard.
ziggyfoos
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 06:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....order placed March 3 under the 15% off promotion...

Side question: how does everyone find the sales promotions? I only hear about them after the fact. Are they via email or posted on the site? thanks
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 06:34 PM UTC
I got all excited yesterday when I saw a restock of Trumpeter, but the petered out relatively quickly as it was mostly all older stuff and I did look at some Dragon stuff, but all marked PRC. So nothing has even come close to looking like it is changing, based on some of the comments I have seen and what I have seen on the site.