Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Problems with Lucky Model?
iowabrit
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 585 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:01 PM UTC
I've never had any problems with LM. They are extremely helpful and normally very quick to respond to any query I have made. I do find some of the shipping charges a little steep but no more so than any other far east trader, overall I would say they are a good company to do business with.
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:34 PM UTC
I too have only good things to say about LM customer service.

Even stuff that are not in stock will eventually be shipped to you, although sometimes not at the time frame specified.

I can recall on ordering a set of resin wheels for my FAUN truck and having forgotten all about it when they finally came after some 9 months or so. When I ordered them they were said to be available and propable restock at about two months. My point is that you will definately not lose money with LM, and that you will get your order eventually.

And you can always cancel the delayed order and buy other stuff from them, not many stores do that.

Finally, how many stores do you know that do not charge shipping on after market items?

The only thing that worries me is that their invetory is becoming more sparse in in stock items, especially Legend resin sets, Pontos and Veteran accessories.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I got all excited yesterday when I saw a restock of Trumpeter, but the petered out relatively quickly as it was mostly all older stuff and I did look at some Dragon stuff, but all marked PRC. So nothing has even come close to looking like it is changing, based on some of the comments I have seen and what I have seen on the site.

Dear Kevin,

We are wrapping up the PRC W/H stock status. Those inaccurate data was fixed. But you know the location system is not yet implemented, therefore, if you see 1-2 pcs that it is possible that you cannot locate it (but it will show up when you don't need it!)

Give me some time, we will arrange those Dragon item in short back to HK warehouse (but limited space). Besides, we will have a manual notification process for PRC warehouse daily to examine/reconfirm if they find the item until we have the system deployed there.

Once the item detected cannot be picked (within 2-3 days), we will notify all of you.

As I said, I am released from the production matter, many system upgrade will surface.

I have just run some updated to remind customer to use My Request in addition to email in case they don't get our reply because of SPAM.

In addition, we have updated some item status to show the whole cycle of preparation, procurement, in transit, reserved, procurement fail, so you can see what our back office procurement people is doing. So, you can raise the question or change other items more quickly than sitting in limbo.

Next upgrade (hopefully in April), you can set the waiting time before cancel/exchange, our procurement system will update daily on the procurement condition.

At the same time, we are considering the "Private warehouse" concept, but we need to figure out the space requirement and limit.

Regards
Raymond
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 819 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:43 PM UTC
Steve,

You get them via email.

Darryl
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Even stuff that are not in stock will eventually be shipped to you, although sometimes not at the time frame specified.

I can recall on ordering a set of resin wheels for my FAUN truck and having forgotten all about it when they finally came after some 9 months or so. When I ordered them they were said to be available and propable restock at about two months. My point is that you will definately not lose money with LM, and that you will get your order eventually.

And you can always cancel the delayed order and buy other stuff from them, not many stores do that.

Finally, how many stores do you know that do not charge shipping on after market items?

The only thing that worries me is that their invetory is becoming more sparse in in stock items, especially Legend resin sets, Pontos and Veteran accessories.

Full Legend restock waiting from Korea - ETA 15 March.

We have just run some updated from DEF, Veteran and Pontos.

The reason why I reduce the selection of aftermarket as we discovered starting from 2012-2013, all aftermarket accessories sales was going down. Because of the excess model kit production from China, the customer would wait the plastic kit instead of resin/PE conversion.

After 5 years of excessive production, now it seems the market would go back to affordable plastic kit and buying back AM accessories.

Besides, one of the troublesome of AM is the storage management on the item. Imagine you need to locate one pc of PE among 1000 sq meter if all the item are packed tightly ?

But we have overcome this matter since 2 years ago. Many of you when you receive our shipment, you will see a location bin column. So, we have a new storage system to accurately locate the item within 20 seconds (in average).

We will restart the AM collection services. Keep visiting us from time to time.

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

....order placed March 3 under the 15% off promotion...

Side question: how does everyone find the sales promotions? I only hear about them after the fact. Are they via email or posted on the site? thanks

Steve,

If you don't receive the sales promotion that means our email was blocked by your ISP.

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

We don't want to keep you from the order for 9 months, but the record is saved to the order system, it would not be deleted, all record are marked and the procurement constantly search the item among the supply network. But we should automatically remind you to decide cancel/exchange if we cannot fetch the item within the time frame.

Sure, all your money is protected by credit card company. We have to put large sum of deposit to bank in order to provide the credit card services. So, your money is backed by our bank deposit. The only downside is our bank is using 30 years old computer system (mainframe sort of) to perform refund processing. Before processing, they need to manually sign and mark the transaction. I love the PayPal style refund nowadays.

Base on this experience, I decide to directly handle your customer request/email one day/week (of course, others time by my CS staff) to closly monitor the services condition.

Regards
Raymond
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:02 PM UTC
Raymond,

Thank you for responding to the comments here. I have been a very satisfied customer of LM since 2012 other than a couple of minor hiccups

I'm very glad you are going to increase your AM stock and look forward to placing more orders with you.

Good luck moving forward.

Darryl
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:05 PM UTC
Steve

I hear about the Lucky Model promotion several ways: by Cybermodeler website, by LM's own website and by email.
If you look on the left hand side of the screen of LM's site under "FUTURE ITEMS", they list recent things that happen and also near top of their page "What is new". I was not getting their emails up until recently because of my SPAM filter so now I use a new email address.
Tony
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 12:06 PM UTC
Update:
My 1/22/2017 ordered items all finally shipped via $2 surface shipping today.

James
ziggyfoos
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 02:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After reading this thread I was worried the other three would go to someone else while waiting for the Citroen. They hadn't thankfully, but now I see after the two week PRC warehouse wait that the Citroen status has changed to "INSUFFICIENT QTY in PRC W/H FOR ALL PENDING ORDER, ADD. PROCUREMENT IN PROGRESS" and the order tab now shows "restock" while the website shows it now back-ordered.

My one day later update: Yesterday I sent a request to cancel the Citroen and ship the other three in stock items (they were listed as "F.RESERVED"). But got reply this morning saying one of the other three is also now out of stock. What a pain.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

After reading this thread I was worried the other three would go to someone else while waiting for the Citroen. They hadn't thankfully, but now I see after the two week PRC warehouse wait that the Citroen status has changed to "INSUFFICIENT QTY in PRC W/H FOR ALL PENDING ORDER, ADD. PROCUREMENT IN PROGRESS" and the order tab now shows "restock" while the website shows it now back-ordered.

My one day later update: Yesterday I sent a request to cancel the Citroen and ship the other three in stock items (they were listed as "F.RESERVED"). But got reply this morning saying one of the other three is also now out of stock. What a pain.

Dear Steve,

I checked the other item were in PRC W/H with only one pc. It must be an error (but even so, it should not display F.RESERVED as F.RESERVED means the item actually in HK stock. Please drop me an email and I would like to see if any potential issue within the case.

Regards
Raymond
ziggyfoos
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I checked the other item were in PRC W/H with only one pc. It must be an error (but even so, it should not display F.RESERVED as F.RESERVED means the item actually in HK stock. Please drop me an email and I would like to see if any potential issue within the case.

Raymond the other kit does now show the same as the Citroen as not being available. Yesterday when I submitted the request to cancel the Citroen and ship the three available the other three were all listed as "F.RESERVED". After hearing back this morning that now one of those three are unavailable too I already replied to cancel that one too and just ship the remaining two that are available.
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:49 PM UTC
Placed an order on friday, with this topic in mind. Although everything went through and I paid the order didn't remove the items from stock. In fact until I got the confirmation email the items I ordered were still on stock (about 24h on a weekend). So anyone who ordered the same thing in that time would see all the items in stock. Thats a problem.

On another note, Raymond please update your search function because it shows a limited number of items. For example if I search for all dragon in 1/35 I get only 300 hits, if I only search 1/35 dragon armour I still get 300 hits, but some that I didn't get on the first search. So some models, if you don't specifically know what you are looking for, won't show up because they are 301st in line.

Best regards
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 06:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Placed an order on friday, with this topic in mind. Although everything went through and I paid the order didn't remove the items from stock. In fact until I got the confirmation email the items I ordered were still on stock (about 24h on a weekend). So anyone who ordered the same thing in that time would see all the items in stock. Thats a problem.

On another note, Raymond please update your search function because it shows a limited number of items. For example if I search for all dragon in 1/35 I get only 300 hits, if I only search 1/35 dragon armour I still get 300 hits, but some that I didn't get on the first search. So some models, if you don't specifically know what you are looking for, won't show up because they are 301st in line.

Best regards

Dear Milos Marjanovic,

I double check the order, I see what you mean. Since our retail stock update is not happen on the website server, it is actually communicate/exchange with our backoffice server (we not only have retail but also wholesales unit which may use the same stock). The max. time delay is 10 secs (to replicate the stock image). So, there is a chance when only 1 pc left, 2 customers accessing to the same item at the same time.

Besides, I discover one possible issue is when the stock qty = 1, and 2 customers putting the order within 10-15 secs. But due to the payment authorization, one order payment record come first and the second one record come in late around 3-5 secs. The stock qty deduction only takes after the payment notification. Thus, it happens to the case where "2" customers order the same item at the same time and each of them things it is "in stock" but eventually one reserved, one doesn't.

I will try to put up an upgrade this week, if the above case happen, it will generate an notify email to the client (and prompt to the screen) to tell the "stock consistence conflict", ask to backorder to cancel it to avoid long delay.

For the search function, yes, we have a pre-set limited of 300 records for one search display. I see I uplift the limit (the design was done in 2004 where we take TAMIYA as reference and they just got over 300 items recently. But we have tons of armor kits from one vendor over 1,000+ selection).

At last, your order is shipped today.

Regards
Raymond
Totalize
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 06:30 PM UTC
The issue I have been experiencing is their PRC versus Hong Kong stock. I ordered an item that stated stock PRC but after almost 4 weeks I never got a shipping confirmation. When I inquired I was told it was in PRC and going to ship. So, with this flub I cancelled my order took, the credit, and purchased an item from the HK stock. So, now its been 6 weeks since my original order and 2 weeks since my HK order. Both were suppose to ship air via PRC or HK. No sight of it yet. I think LM should stop saying items shipped air will be received in 7-10 business days. It was like that a before but not anymore. Perhaps they should say 2-3 weeks.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 08:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The issue I have been experiencing is their PRC versus Hong Kong stock. I ordered an item that stated stock PRC but after almost 4 weeks I never got a shipping confirmation. When I inquired I was told it was in PRC and going to ship. So, with this flub I cancelled my order took, the credit, and purchased an item from the HK stock. So, now its been 6 weeks since my original order and 2 weeks since my HK order. Both were suppose to ship air via PRC or HK. No sight of it yet. I think LM should stop saying items shipped air will be received in 7-10 business days. It was like that a before but not anymore. Perhaps they should say 2-3 weeks.

Dear Dave,

can you PM me or email [email protected] for your order# ? Since we used to use HK POST to post to CANADA, but we change to DHL by 2013 via Germany. Last Dec 2016, we also change to CANADA shipment via UK. I know it is not as fast as before (direct route from HK->CANADA). But the HKPOST shipping rate jump sky high.

But in order to maintain the services performance which we used to have, we have changed the routing via HK POST e-Express which should reach N.A. around 7-10 working days. But the shipping get increased.

We monitor if the customer willing to pay less for 2-3 weeks or 7-10 days with higher shipping cost.

The next system upgrade will let you select the routing via which post office.

Regards
Raymond
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 08:35 PM UTC
In spite of problems, I have placed an order 7-12 day shipping. I hope to realize the order, within the next 2-3 weeks. The item was listed as "in stock", when I placed the order and payment should be confirmed in short.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In spite of problems, I have placed an order 7-12 day shipping. I hope to realize the order, within the next 2-3 weeks. The item was listed as "in stock", when I placed the order and payment should be confirmed in short.

Dear Matt,

Your order has been adjusted to HK post e-Express, can you email me when you received. I want to see the difference in the delivery time .

Regards
Raymond
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dear Matt,

Your order has been adjusted to HK post e-Express, can you email me when you received. I want to see the difference in the delivery time .

Regards
Raymond

Raymond,
No problem. I have ordered from you, before. If memory serves, shipping time was 1 month.
-Matt N.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 04:11 PM UTC
My item shipped, today.
Totalize
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 07:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dear Dave,

can you PM me or email [email protected] for your order# ? Since we used to use HK POST to post to CANADA, but we change to DHL by 2013 via Germany. Last Dec 2016, we also change to CANADA shipment via UK. I know it is not as fast as before (direct route from HK->CANADA). But the HKPOST shipping rate jump sky high.

But in order to maintain the services performance which we used to have, we have changed the routing via HK POST e-Express which should reach N.A. around 7-10 working days. But the shipping get increased.

We monitor if the customer willing to pay less for 2-3 weeks or 7-10 days with higher shipping cost.

The next system upgrade will let you select the routing via which post office.

Regards
Raymond

Raymond, I sent you an email.

David.
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:06 PM UTC
DO17/0200378994 Shipped 2/24/2017 7-11 day shipping
Arrived 3/14/2017 in Ontario Canada

Darryl
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

DO17/0200378994 Shipped 2/24/2017 7-11 day shipping
Arrived 3/14/2017 in Ontario Canada

Darryl

Darryl,

This package send via UK, so it takes around 11 days. We have just checked to e-Express via HKPost, it should be 5-7 days. But it is 30% more cost.

We switch default to e-Express at the moment until we upgrade our web site with selective option (7-11 days and 10-18 days).

Regards
Raymond
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 03:35 AM UTC
Raymond,

I'm satisfied with the time it took to get to me.

Thank you

Darryl