Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Problems with Lucky Model?
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Raymond

Thanks for fixing my orders with substitutes so they can be closed up.

About the items that could not be had from Hobby Boss and Tamiya. Are they are out of production? I am especially surprised at how difficult to find the particular Tamiya scissors for a reasonable price.

There are several Hobby Boss kits I would like to obtain too. HB still list on their website so they cannot be Out of production. LM lists 1 week possible restock. I hope LM will upgrade /change these estimates as I find it very unreliable. I understand LM has no control over the inventories of the factories, but those estimates are misleading to customers.

Dear Tony,

No one will ever told us whether the item is out of production (except Eduard). Plastic kit production industry is a very unique business where the reproduction of the kit sometimes never know until it get out.

With our own production experience (kinetic), the item will never get discontinue unless : the mold get damaged, the kit is selling very bad. The income of produce the kit never cover the reproduction cost.

Therefore, each maker will maintain it policy in reproduction in secret. The reason is simple - push the distributor to stock the item. But the question, we have too many items to stock and too few customers to buy. Therefore, sometimes, the OOS item suddenly repop at the will of the maker. Recently, the Tamiya Lancaster just surface where it disappear from the marker for 5-7 years.

Also, the reproduction of the kit take some time slot. It may not be able to get this month but next month. But only the maker will know. If you ask me the availability of a Kinetic kit, I can tell you, but others....

The stock status indicator is the "best guess" that we done in the past by the brand/maker. It seems surely it does not meet the accurancy demand. We are thinking to provide a better estimation of the availability by check the last goods arrival vs the last intended purchase.

At last, not every brand that we can deal with the maker, many of those are still via distributor to obtain. Therefore, one more layer of information flow may needed.

Regards
Raymond
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:29 PM UTC
Received my package, today. I have a few more items I will order, from Ray.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Received my package, today. I have a few more items I will order, from Ray.

Ok - shipped on 14 and received on 28 - 14 days - well a little bit better than Jersey Post (via UK) at least with some improvement.

Regards
Raymond
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 - 02:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hobbyeasy usually ships in 24-48 hours and I have the shipment in about 7-10 days. And they provide a tracking number. Getting a tracking number out of Lucky is hard and I do choose the airmail option.

My issue with Lucky....I ordered a DEF accessory set and waited and waited and waited. Found it at Spruebrothers and had it in 3-4 days. Before I placed the order with Sprue, I cancelled the Lucky order, got store credit and ordered a Miniart SU-85 which showed in stock. Been weeks, so I guess it wasn't in stock after all. FRUSTRATED with them.

Greg

I check your order changes and we ship the kit in next day last month already.
It has been 3 weeks after posting you still do not get it ?

Your Packard route via UK unregistered mail but it should reach you in last than 3 weeks.

Starting from early march we have switched back to hk post e-express which should reach you in 10 days with tracking if you selected.

Pls contact me or our CS if you do not get in by the end of this week.

Raymond

Ok, it's the end of the week and the mail came, no SU-85, but I got the order I placed after the SU-85, the 2 J's Work rubber molds.....

We handle this as mail lost, a replacement package has been ready on monday to post to via e-Express via HK Post with tracking, so you should get it before 7 April.

Raymond

Ray, the kit showed up today via Jersey Post, it took a while, but did show up. When the 2nd one you sent arrives, I'll contact you to return it. Thanks!!!!!
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 11:07 PM UTC
My 01/22/2017 order from Lucky Model finally arrived today (05/08/2017).
Took a while but they are here safely.
GDCFAST
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:06 AM UTC
I have ordered many times from them with no issues,
ziggyfoos
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:27 AM UTC
Raymond, any update on the website upgrades to show correct stock status? Again I placed an order earlier this month for only items that were shown as in stock. Then when I looked up my order status one of the items was no longer available and so it was holding up the order. Now I just looked again today and now a second item is listed not in stock. This is very annoying. Again I had to submit a request to ship available items, mainly in fear of the rest of the items gradually also becoming out of stock while I wait an unknown length of time for the first, and now second, items to be back in stock.
Thanks,
Steve
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 08:25 AM UTC
Steve,

Just return from Japan trip.

We examine the case, it is caused by duplicate reservation record which generated by restarting some batch reserve program. The reason is some of the server was affected by some virus and the affected server was shutdown and the standby server take over the job and re-do reserve record. Making it out of stock for your order.

I have replied to you in detail in your request ticket.

At last, we have STOP the warehouse space compression logic, therefore, NOT RESERVED item will be reallocated to other order even it is waiting restock to make full shipment.

Regards
Raymond
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 05:31 AM UTC
Can I trust them if I purchase something that says that the restock time is 2-3 weeks or should I just wait for it to be in stock???
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 08:55 AM UTC
Dear Rich,

I suggest you send email to [email protected] asking this before placing order. As those 2-3 weeks means by our supplier restock. We have no way to know until we send order or sending request to them.

We don't want to keep any backorder in the middile. I suggest you put up an email or request ticket. That would be fair to you and us.

Regards
Raymond
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 - 04:48 AM UTC
Data Point:

Order (1 normal sized AFV kit, air mail)- 1 June (USA time)
Order accepted - 2 June (HK time)
Package accepted by HK Post - 6 June (US time)
Processed by HK Post - 7 June (US time)
Received by USPS/New York City - 8 June
Received in western Pennsylvania - 12 June

KL
bots1141
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 - 05:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Rich,

I suggest you send email to [email protected] asking this before placing order. As those 2-3 weeks means by our supplier restock. We have no way to know until we send order or sending request to them.

We don't want to keep any backorder in the middile. I suggest you put up an email or request ticket. That would be fair to you and us.

Regards
Raymond

I emailed them and I was told that it would be in stock in one week so I went ahead and made the purchase.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 - 05:07 AM UTC
I have ordered from Raymond for at least five plus years without a problem. Great and responsive person who manages an efficient operation
DJ
Cosimodo
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,808 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 - 05:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Data Point:

Order (1 normal sized AFV kit, air mail)- 1 June (USA time)
Order accepted - 2 June (HK time)
Package accepted by HK Post - 6 June (US time)
Processed by HK Post - 7 June (US time)
Received by USPS/New York City - 8 June
Received in western Pennsylvania - 12 June

KL

I guess this is how we would all like it to be but here is a contra data point
Order - Feb 2 In stock
Order accepted - money paid Feb 2
On website the Order "In processing" Feb 24(Still in stock) I query why
LM Response - Sorry we can't get item at this moment -Feb 24
Request for refund Feb 25- no response.
I mentally wrote it off but
Shipping notice - May 5 expected delivery July 18 (I wasn't asked how I wanted shipped but LM went ahead and shipped it by surface).

Given the range of options available would I risk again? Probably not, mainly because any business which takes your money without the stock or any idea when they will get it is a con.

cheers
Michael
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 - 09:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... any business which takes your money without the stock or any idea when they will get it is a con.

That seems both harsh and unrealistic.

1.) Businesses count of restocking and always take money from customers when they anticipate restocking in a "reasonable" about of time.

2.) LM will list when something is definitely OOS with an estimate of when they think it will be back in stock.

3.) Hong Kong is 13 hours ahead of me, so when I log onto the LM site, they're asleep in their beds. So if something is instock when they closed for the night and went OOS while they are closed, why do you expect their website to tally that instantly?

4.) They have a "contact us" provision, so if in doubt, email them. They also allow you to post a question on their site, which usually gets an answer within a day or so.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of this endless bashing of Luckymodel. If you don't want the milk, don't buy it. There are plenty of other vendors online and in bricks & mortar places. Stop bashing and go model.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 - 10:17 PM UTC
I just received my order one week, before it was due.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

3.) Hong Kong is 13 hours ahead of me, so when I log onto the LM site, they're asleep in their beds. So if something is instock when they closed for the night and went OOS while they are closed, why do you expect their website to tally that instantly?

Personally from a site like LM I expect the stock is in real time, we are in 2017 not in 1997, especially since they do not have a physical but only virtual store, a computer does not go to sleep and does not need a person behind the screen to keep the system up to date, there are much smaller stores that have the stock in real time at any time of the day or night so I expect the same thing from them.

After a problem with the usual restock a few years a go I only buy in stock item I do not find it from my other regular suppliers, a bit because I find that the LM site is not very user friendly for me

Cosimodo
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

... any business which takes your money without the stock or any idea when they will get it is a con.

1.) Businesses count of restocking and always take money from customers when they anticipate restocking in a "reasonable" about of time.

2.) LM will list when something is definitely OOS with an estimate of when they think it will be back in stock.

4.) They have a "contact us" provision, so if in doubt, email them. They also allow you to post a question on their site, which usually gets an answer within a day or so.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of this endless bashing of Luckymodel. If you don't want the milk, don't buy it. There are plenty of other vendors online and in bricks & mortar places. Stop bashing and go model.

It is not endless bashing of LuckyModel because there are plenty of positive experiences in this topic. It was pointing out some people, me included, have had different outcomes with their services.
All your points, if you re-read the post are addressed.

Just because they are an on-line modelling business as opposed to a bricks and mortar shop, there is no excuse for that approach and you wouldn't accept it if had happened to you.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It is not endless bashing of LuckyModel because there are plenty of positive experiences in this topic. It was pointing out some people, me included, have had different outcomes with their services.
All your points, if you re-read the post are addressed.

Just because they are an on-line modelling business as opposed to a bricks and mortar shop, there is no excuse for that approach and you wouldn't accept it if had happened to you.

Dear Michael,

I checked your case and I apologize for the trouble for your first time purchase. Since the item is flammable, the shipping must be send via SURFACE MAIL.

But your order item was marked 2-3 weeks possible restock. Especially for the oil based product, the restocking time is totally unpreditcable. We recommend in stock purchase on paint product except Vallejo, AMMO product where we control the restocking cycle.

I also need to apologize for the incorrect stock qty on web page. Yes, we have a real time stock system. But different from other online vendor, we are the only one with on-line retail, wholesales distribution and manufacturing into one group. Before March 7 2017, our back end system has a software bug that under certain condition, the wholesales order can "take" out some reserve qty from retail unit. The main difference between retail and wholesales operation is pre-paid (retail) and collection (wholesales). We have fixed that software error since then.

Also we have introduced the PRC warehouse since Nov 2016, where we outsource our storage management in China in order relief the storage pressure in HK. But a lot of problem occur on the outsources location. Therefore, we temp withdraw the indicator from the website and do the internal transfer as if before.

We have now finished the phrase #1 expansion project in China (not outsource this time) and we will test run the new facility in late 2017. We will have more item keep in stock as well as more space (around 12,000 sqft).

If anyone has any issue on the backorder, cancel refund, you can drop directly to me at [email protected]

Regards
Raymond Chung
LuckyModel.com

Cosimodo
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:00 PM UTC
Thank you for your explanation Raymond and your apology. I would only suggest that if you have issues let your customers know, they may be more tolerant than you think.

regards

Michael
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 12:49 AM UTC
Ordered a Mini-art Gaz-MM on June 8th, received at my doorstep in Texas today. Not bad at all.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 02:42 AM UTC
I've had nothing but good service from Lucky Models ! I even took advantage of their $2 surface mail deal. It took a couple of months on that "slow boat from China". Which is pretty fast if you consider the logistics involved. Another thing about surface shipping, if you order a lot it's kinda like Christmas, there are some surprises in the box.
Raymond, Thank you for being a good source of kits & things.
And, thank your employees for me for their hard work and attention to detail!
Tom
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 08:43 AM UTC
About the "slow boat from china" I am puzzled as to how the postal system works sometimes. I made 3 orders from LM when I started posting on this thread back in early March(?) when the $2 flat surface shipping promotion was offered. First parcel departed on March 17, arrived in my city on May 31 and delivered on June 9. The second parcel departed March 28 and arrived in my city on June 1 and so far it is still being processed by Canada Post and CBSA after 12 days. The third parcel departed March 30, two days after #2 and it is still somewhere out in the ocean. I would have thought the parcel #3 would have landed closely after parcel #2. The lady in the local postal outlet told me that sometimes surface mail will "sail around the world" before reaching Vancouver. Instead of travelling directly across the Pacific, the mail will move westerly direction passing south asia, middle east, South africa , Panama Canal etc.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 07:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Besides, one of the troublesome of AM is the storage management on the item. Imagine you need to locate one pc of PE among 1000 sq meter if all the item are packed tightly ?

But we have overcome this matter since 2 years ago. Many of you when you receive our shipment, you will see a location bin column. So, we have a new storage system to accurately locate the item within 20 seconds (in average).

We will restart the AM collection services. Keep visiting us from time to time.

Regards
Raymond

OK, I'm one of the happy customers here, although I make only a few LM orders per year.

Raymond if I may, will you be stocking HobbyFan products in future? You have very few items available now. I hope you will still be carrying the range your store was my favourite source for HobbyFan (and also Legend and DEF).

Thank you for your answer!

Cheers,

Christophe
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 08:33 PM UTC
I will state for the record that the Luckymodel folks are the nicest, most helpful and professional retailers I have dealt with. I have ordered over 50 times from them stretching back to 2009. Order from LM in confidence.