Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Problems with Lucky Model?
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 10:16 PM UTC
Woot, After almost 3 months (pre-order), my item showed up in stock today (6+). Lets see how fast it ships.

Pssst - Hey Raymond - order CM1706-371568

Cheers
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 06:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Woot, After almost 3 months (pre-order), my item showed up in stock today (6+). Lets see how fast it ships.

Cheers

Yes the Kinetic 48070 just arrive our warehouse last night. All pre order is being shipped out. Shipment notification will be received soon.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 08:09 AM UTC
I have to reply to this post. I have always had exceptional service from LM. The one time I had a problem, I was charged twice for an item, they corrected it immediately. I'm not disputing anyone on their claims of substandard service. I have had only positive interactions from the company. I will continue to order from them.
Jay_Antony
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 05:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So I am happy....in regards to spending two years waiting, perhaps that was silly on my part and I should have been more aggressive. At the time that this happened, I had never had a bad experience with LM, all my experiences up to that point were excellent. So I figured it would be sorted out quite quickly.

Hi Greg - I apologise that my post came off sounding like I was suggesting you could have been more active in pursuing LM for a solution - that's not what I was seeking to say but now totally appreciate it sounded like that, particularly since I quoted you rather than Raymond / LM's post where he said he would follow up with AFV Club.

What I meant to say was that from my perspective, it's not good enough for any retailer to pass the buck on to the manufacturer rather than directly solving their customer's issue by way of a refund offer or replacement goods. My comment about seeking a chargeback was intended to convey to a retailer / LM that they are on shaky ground where they don't themselves remedy a situation involving faulty goods.

Like I have said before (many times in this thread alone!), I value LM as they sell a lot of supplies (paints, thinners etc) that I struggle to get elsewhere, they have fantastic pricing, great shipping deals and get the new releases in quickly, however I now prefer to pay more with other vendors for things I can get elsewhere on the basis their service is too patchy and has driven me nuts too many times.

Some of their stocking and order filling practices etc as discussed elsewhere in this thread have let them down badly and I think are not acceptable, but I genuinely believe they are trying to lift their game and improve - and I really hope they do as I'd like to be able to order more from them with confidence that it won't cause me headaches.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 06:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers

Yes the Kinetic 48070 just arrive our warehouse last night. All pre order is being shipped out. Shipment notification will be received soon.

Got the email - Shipped

Cheers
ArtyG37B
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 04:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers

Got the email - Shipped

Cheers

Got mine today! looks great!!
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 03:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers

Got the email - Shipped

Cheers

Got mine today! looks great!!

Well, 7 days from HK to Canada, not a bad timing.

But just want to take this chance to advise all. Nowadays, most post office has created 2 types of postal operation. They do send like a letter/parcel but in different priorities with similar price. The first one is called the e-Express where they have a special custom clearance procedure specified to e-commerce type cross boarder packet. Those packet can run as fast as 5 - 7 days.

Another one is the traditional AIR MAIL, where nowadays, the item sometimes take 1 month to arrive. I don't why the post office do that. But if you want to make sure the order go via the faster route, click the "Require Registered mail" option even if it is free shipping (it caused a little for it) but sure it route to the e-Express routing.

Regards
Raymond
Ogi1968
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 05:46 PM UTC
Guys,

I have given Lucky multiple chances with delivery of back ordered items.

They never deliver on their promises.

Their service is at best ordinary.

I ordered Alpine figures of them which stated back order periods of 2 weeks.

Well it is now 2 months, no real follow up or response from them shows that they don't care about customers any longer.

Having to pay up front and nag them to do something about your order does not really stack up to my idea of service.

I really have had enough.

There are plenty of other companies in Japan and Hong Kong with similar prices and much better customer service.

I really am sick of their excuses and will spend money elsewhere.

Regards

Dale
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Guys,

I have given Lucky multiple chances with delivery of back ordered items.

They never deliver on their promises.

Their service is at best ordinary.

I ordered Alpine figures of them which stated back order periods of 2 weeks.

Well it is now 2 months, no real follow up or response from them shows that they don't care about customers any longer.

Having to pay up front and nag them to do something about your order does not really stack up to my idea of service.

I really have had enough.

There are plenty of other companies in Japan and Hong Kong with similar prices and much better customer service.

I really am sick of their excuses and will spend money elsewhere.

Regards

Dale

Dale

Sorry that one of our aftermarket supplier(Alpine, RB....) is on leave for few months so our CS have no response about the delivery. We would like to have to refund to you at first place. In the meantime we will try to access to a better supply of the item.

Regards
Raymond
Ogi1968
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:07 AM UTC
Raymond

Firstly thanks for taking the time to reply.

I find it hard to believe that a supplier has taken 2 months leave, I can understand 2-3 weeks during the Christmas new year period.

Please also note that the order was placed on the 20th of November before this period of Holidays.

I would also like to point out that if you look through my account history you will see numerous instances where the same thing happened with your company.

My friend also sometimes orders for me from you and we have experienced the same issues with his account too.

Allocated stock has also been sold to other customers even though it was supposedly allocated.

An additional example of this is an RB barrel well over 12 months went by before I was advised that you could no longer get them.

If you think this is satisfactory I'd be surprised.

A good business follows up and supports its customers by being proactive.

I want the figures otherwise I would not have ordered them.

Regards

Dale
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 03:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Raymond

I find it hard to believe that a supplier has taken 2 months leave, I can understand 2-3 weeks during the Christmas new year period.

Please also note that the order was placed on the 20th of November before this period of Holidays.

I would also like to point out that if you look through my account history you will see numerous instances where the same thing happened with your company.

My friend also sometimes orders for me from you and we have experienced the same issues with his account too.

Allocated stock has also been sold to other customers even though it was supposedly allocated.

An additional example of this is an RB barrel well over 12 months went by before I was advised that you could no longer get them.

Regards

Dale

Dale

First we also not satisfied but not all brand are handled directly by us. Hope you understand, yes it is surprised to see the supplier has no restock for 3 months but owing to the market condition it may have this type of issue from time to time. We are reworking a new supply program to get in touch with those brand.

Also the item allocated to other customer order has been resolved over a year ago,
The stock allocation is FIFO basis, ask other people who order recently. Only one condition may happen from RESERVED to pending. The system mark the stock for the order but we cannot locate it (long year old item) then we write off the stock and let the system reorder. In this case the status may change from reserves to open again.

In 2018 we now operate the new warehouse in china and HK (soon USA), we have 12 times the space expanded as in 2017. Therefore we will expand again the product stock in 2018 especially in aftermarket and overseas brand again.

For USA / Canada we hope the new facilities will be in operation by Q2 2018 so we can offer more attractive shipping rate to client in US. We will start the wholesales operation at the moment to test the facilities.

RAYMOND
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 03:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Raymond

Regards

Dale

Dale

I also check your profile sorry the item you interests is not our strength item and among 2 tx in 2017 we ship the other order in 2 weeks times. It is a matter of hat item you interests is not strong at our supply. We have tried to delist those supply no reliable and reduce the catalog.

Like many of customer they are looking for out of production dragon Kit where it may be available from time to time from china thus we do not delist it from the catalog but the supply is uncertain. If you order 10 tx on those item you will have high failure count. In contrast if you order takom kinetic item we can answer in 5 mins.

What I sugguest you ask if you really want the item with backorder status. Before you sent the order. We will increase the in stock item selection soon.

Anyway we listen to your feedback and keep working out.

Raymond
Ogi1968
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 08:56 PM UTC
Raymond

Should I post more about the lack of correspondence or replies?

Supplier on holidays you say.

LM Site states restock on Jan19.

Where are my figures seriously, still waiting since November?

I am really annoyed and sick of the PR rubbish that you post.

Your service is crap, you should only charge when you can supply the goods.

Maybe customers should charge you interest on the money they pay you when the goods aren't supplied nearly 3 months now.

What is the excuse this time?

I have not had a response from your CS?

By the way ALpine figures are still in their current catalogue.

Surely you aren't claiming Alpine figures are rare?

StanNC
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 10:34 PM UTC
I placed an order early last December 2017, items were in-stock when order was placed. That quickly changed in the next few days to out of stock. At the time, I was okay with that as this order was just an add to my stash. I was comfortable with the price and the $2.00 shipping with tracking. Order was finally shipped early January. Still okay with me. Now we are into February, I decided to track the shipment. Still okay with the transit time. just checking to see progress of the order.
I now find out that "Processing and delivery information of mail at the destination is supplied by the destination postal administration. According to the international postal operation arrangements of the Universal Postal Union, postal administrations are not bound to release processing and delivery information of "international registered mail", and postal administrations of the following countries/regions have ceased to release such information:
1. Canada
2. Netherlands
3. United States of America "

Okay things change, no problem with that issue. I do want to know if there are alternatives. So I go on-line to Lucky Model site and email giving them the appropriate information "So how do I track my package and how can I tell when will it arrive if the USA will no longer release tracking information?

Maybe a little inpatient on my part, but 3 days later and no response.

This discussion thread is now Lucky Model Customer Service. I have taken note that when an issue is posted here a response is forthcoming. You may or may not like the answer, but you get one. That's all I am asking for is just a response and someone to explain the situation. If tracking is unavailable just say so and update your site to clarify or offer an alternative.

I have had my share of issues with them in the past. Once again I gave them the benefit of doubt and placed an order based on what I am reading here. I thought progress was being made and issues were being handled. Apparently there are other things happening within Lucky Model. So I think it will be a long and hard decision to do future business with them.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 10:38 PM UTC
Wanted to order some MiniArt today.
Most items say vendor on vocation.
First it's Vacation and for 2
to 3 months.
Wish I could take vacations like that.

Tom
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 11:17 PM UTC
Stan,
There is no update to tracking from when it leaves on a ship till it arrives at port, this can take up to 2 months or more

You can also use 17 track to track shipments.

https://www.17track.net/en

Cheers Rob.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Raymond

Should I post more about the lack of correspondence or replies?

Supplier on holidays you say.

LM Site states restock on Jan19.

Where are my figures seriously, still waiting since November?

I am really annoyed and sick of the PR rubbish that you post.

Your service is crap, you should only charge when you can supply the goods.

Maybe customers should charge you interest on the money they pay you when the goods aren't supplied nearly 3 months now.

What is the excuse this time?

I have not had a response from your CS?

By the way ALpine figures are still in their current catalogue.

Surely you aren't claiming Alpine figures are rare?

Dear Dale,

Yes, you are right, there is no excuse for us. Our CS missed your ticket request on 7 Feb and I have drilled to it and reply to you.

Apline restock is a diaster for us in the past few months, we have urgently pushing the supplier for restock. In the meantime, we will refund to you first and let the restock happen first before asking for payment.

In fact, I am thinking to change the non in-stock/pre-order item to ask for payment arrangement when it arrive in stock and reserved. Hopefully i can make the changes quick enough.

Regards
Raymond
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:46 PM UTC
Dear Raymond

I have order CM1801-385656. Among the items is AMO-7163 IDF Special Edition acrylic paint set. I placed the order Jan 28 because I saw there are "2 pcs in stock". On Feb 2 I contacted the CS to inquire why this item was listed as "in progress" for my order. This is strange for items that should be in stock. The CS advised the incorrect info is showing on the website. The items are actually out of stock. Feb 3, after checking the website and my order I see the website listing was not updated. I was surprised and informed your CS about this error. Feb 3 the CS advised this mistake would be corrected. Today Feb 9, AMO-7163 is still listed "2 pcs in stock".

Raymond, is it technically difficult to update the listing? This error is misleading other clients.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2018 - 01:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I placed an order early last December 2017, items were in-stock when order was placed. That quickly changed in the next few days to out of stock. At the time, I was okay with that as this order was just an add to my stash. I was comfortable with the price and the $2.00 shipping with tracking. Order was finally shipped early January. Still okay with me. Now we are into February, I decided to track the shipment. Still okay with the transit time. just checking to see progress of the order.
I now find out that "Processing and delivery information of mail at the destination is supplied by the destination postal administration. According to the international postal operation arrangements of the Universal Postal Union, postal administrations are not bound to release processing and delivery information of "international registered mail", and postal administrations of the following countries/regions have ceased to release such information:
1. Canada
2. Netherlands
3. United States of America "

Okay things change, no problem with that issue. I do want to know if there are alternatives. So I go on-line to Lucky Model site and email giving them the appropriate information "So how do I track my package and how can I tell when will it arrive if the USA will no longer release tracking information?

Maybe a little inpatient on my part, but 3 days later and no response.

This discussion thread is now Lucky Model Customer Service. I have taken note that when an issue is posted here a response is forthcoming. You may or may not like the answer, but you get one. That's all I am asking for is just a response and someone to explain the situation. If tracking is unavailable just say so and update your site to clarify or offer an alternative.

I have had my share of issues with them in the past. Once again I gave them the benefit of doubt and placed an order based on what I am reading here. I thought progress was being made and issues were being handled. Apparently there are other things happening within Lucky Model. So I think it will be a long and hard decision to do future business with them.

Stanely,

First, sorry for late reply on the CS ticket as the ticket may overlook or "skipped" somehow in the program. I am tracking on it.

But for your information, all SURFACE MAIL will not have tracking during the parcel is onload in the slow boat. It can only be traced (but almost you received) when aboard the destination country postal system.

The $2 is a surface mail option where the tracking is not same as the air one.

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2018 - 01:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Raymond

I have order CM1801-385656. Among the items is AMO-7163 IDF Special Edition acrylic paint set. I placed the order Jan 28 because I saw there are "2 pcs in stock". On Feb 2 I contacted the CS to inquire why this item was listed as "in progress" for my order. This is strange for items that should be in stock. The CS advised the incorrect info is showing on the website. The items are actually out of stock. Feb 3, after checking the website and my order I see the website listing was not updated. I was surprised and informed your CS about this error. Feb 3 the CS advised this mistake would be corrected. Today Feb 9, AMO-7163 is still listed "2 pcs in stock".

Raymond, is it technically difficult to update the listing? This error is misleading other clients.

Dear tony,

We are using a dual database server to sync the stock from web site to our backoffice. I also checking what happen to the sync update during the process. A million things can happen during the sync process, may be the server autoupdate affect maybe some "missed" item update.

Anyway, thank you for your information, we may need to run a regular full sync stock to reduce the error in synchronization.

Raymond
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2018 - 02:05 PM UTC
Dear Raymond

When items are listed "on sale", I think the normal price and the sale price should be shown. A few weeks back there was a Legends Production sale. One item in particular was the Bradley stowage set. Something really strange about that listing. At first, it was listed for about USD29.xx and then towards the last 1-2 weeks of the "Sale" the price reverted to USD36.xx Now, I would guess the later price is the normal price of the merchandise, but why it still part of the "sale"??

Tony
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2018 - 02:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Raymond

When items are listed "on sale", I think the normal price and the sale price should be shown. A few weeks back there was a Legends Production sale. One item in particular was the Bradley stowage set. Something really strange about that listing. At first, it was listed for about USD29.xx and then towards the last 1-2 weeks of the "Sale" the price reverted to USD36.xx Now, I would guess the later price is the normal price of the merchandise, but why it still part of the "sale"??

Tony

Tony,

When we run a sales, we will put the net price (discounted one) and group them into a sales catalog (link). When the sales is finished, the catalog will be removed and the price will be reverted back to normal price.

The "sales" catalog i believed has been expired. But when you click the link from the old newsletter, it still present the item there with the normal price.

Raymond
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2018 - 07:03 PM UTC
Speaking for myself, I have had ZERO problems with LM. Over the last 5 or so years maybe a dozen orders and no hiccups. Right now I'm putting together a $120 order to take advantage of the $2 shipping offer that's going on right now. Sure it takes 2 or 3 months, and you kinda forget what you've ordered but when it arrives it will be like Christmas in May.
I buy from LM with confidence. But, I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences and hope that LM can rectify everything to your satisfaction.
With this entry I hope that I haven't jinxed myself !
A good weekend to everybody
baldwin8
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2018 - 08:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For USA / Canada we hope the new facilities will be in operation by Q2 2018 so we can offer more attractive shipping rate to client in US. We will start the wholesales operation at the moment to test the facilities.

RAYMOND

Living in Canada, I find postal/shipping prices from the USA very high and normally order from Asia.
StanNC
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 03:15 AM UTC
I am aware that that sea there would be no tracking update. Perhaps I did not properly state my issues.
One I have never before seen the message that said "postal administrations of the following countries/regions have ceased to release such information:
1. Canada
2. Netherlands
3. United States of America " Therefore I emailed the Lucky Model site requesting information and did not receive a reply. That has happened to me before in emailing Lucky Model. I know that posting in this thread gets an answer! All I wanted was an answer as to what this message means. is there or isn't there tracking when the package is offloaded from the ship. Simple enough.
In case the Lucky Model folks didn't know this message pops up they should be informed and if in fact tracking is discontinued by postal authorities, then they might want to look at their web site and change some things so we have a clear understanding if a purchase can or cannot be tracked.