Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Problems with Lucky Model?
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

They were actually showing as in stock when I put them in my cart, but apparently sold out while I was checking on some other items before checking out.

OK that's a problem.

I concur. ... My card is clean, my PayPal account is clean, and yet my order remained in limbo for several weeks before finding that none of the items were "actually" in stock.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there,
The problem is not with Lucky Models, it is with VISA. As a result of online fraud originating in China, you have to contact your bank that issued the card, notify them about the transaction with details in advance. They will then open a portal or window to allow the transaction to go through and then the window closes so no additional activities can take place. I am one of Lucky Models best customers and I do this each and every time I make an order.

I didn't use a VISA, and I've not had this problem with the many other Asian retailers I've dealt with over the years.

I did have an email conversation after my above post which alerted me to the set up they have where all their online transactions are cleared weekly, so it was normally 5-7 days from cancellation of an order before the refund would go through. So, now I at least have a time frame before I need to be concerned (again).
HK_AFV
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 431 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 09:46 AM UTC
I bought most of my kits and accessories from Lucky Model for a few years now, I usually pay with VISA directly and never had a problem.

From my experience, just adding an "In Stock" item into your cart DOES NOT RESERVE the item for you. The item reservation or availability is determined at the moment payment is confirmed receipt by the website. So, it has been my habit that I check the status of all items in my cart to make sure they are all "In Stock" before checking out and make payment. So far there were no delays in my purchases.

For "backordered" and "pre-order" items, the number of purchases in the "backordered" and "pre-order" queue also affect how fast you get your order. For some very hot items, the number of "backordered" and "pre-order" could easily exceed the re-stock quantity. So you may need to wait for the second or third re-stock. This could be a few months or so.

My advice, always double check item availability right before you make payment.

Paul
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 02:04 AM UTC
I think it was in late 2016 I placed an order during the $2 flat surface shipping promotion. Some items were "in stock" and the rest were "1-3 week restocking". During the course of waiting for the restocking, LM took two of the reserved in stock items from my order to fill other client's orders. I was not happy about that so I cancelled my order.

In terms of refund, a few years ago, I ordered some Bandai Star Wars kits. I gave up waiting around 3 months for the order to be filled. It took 5 weeks before I got my Visa card credited. I think it helped to remind them that I would talk to Visa card about it. Actually i started the process with Visa.

I decided to give LM a try again due to the recent $2 flat shipping promotion. I placed two separate orders. One order where all items are 1 to 3 weeks restocking. These are Hobby Boss , Trumpeter and Takom kits. I figure these are rather newish and popular brands so it should not be long to restock them?
The other order is composed of in stock items (some from their PRC warehouse). Strangely the Meng D9R dozer was showing "in stock" when I put in my cart but status changed to "out of stock" after the order transaction was done.

With the recent CNY, I will be a bit patient.
HK_AFV
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 431 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:57 AM UTC
On cancelled orders and refunds, I have tried refunding to VISA and refunding to "My Credit" under my LM account. I just found refunding to "My Credit" was more convenient and quick, saving the longer process with VISA refunding. The refunded amount could be use for your next purchase. Of course only if you plan to buy again at LM.

The "In Stock (PRC)" was something new but somewhat misleading. LM has the item in storage in China, they need to ship it back to Hong Kong first before processing the order. It could take a few more weeks than normal "In Stock" items.

Also, suggest to use "My Request" under your account to contact LM. It's much quicker and everything on record.

Paul
Jay_Antony
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 05:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The "In Stock (PRC)" was something new but somewhat misleading. LM has the item in storage in China, they need to ship it back to Hong Kong first before processing the order. It could take a few more weeks than normal "In Stock" items.

Paul

Heh - that new "In Stock (PRC)" feature feels like the latest way LM is going to drive me nuts with their slowness. The site says "Two weeks transit" for those items.

I placed an order for Gunze paints and thinners 5 weeks ago and all the items were showing as "In Stock (PRC)" 2 weeks etc. 5 weeks later and the order is still showing as pending. Not sure what is taking so long but it is typical LM service - slow, no communication, and fails to meet the promises made.

Still - really only myself to blame - I know how bad their service and stock system is yet I keep on ordering from them. Am aghast to see from my account I have done 43 orders with them - I'm just a sucker for their $2 shippings and they have the best range of paints and consumables etc at great prices, whereas my preferred shops Hobbyeasy, HLJ and BNA aren't much good for paints and supplies.
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 05:31 PM UTC
I must say I'm a bit surprised about the problems some guys are sharing here.
I live on the other far-end of the world, our post services and customs efficiency is far from just fine, and never had a problem with my orders from Lucky Model -or Hobby Easy, the other online place where I usually place orders-.

Neither had I any troubles going through their ordering process -and I have to point out that English is not my native language, not to say Chinese- or with my Visa card.

Just to give you a reference, historically I've placed orders at LM between 6 and 12 times a year...
Hope everything ends well for people experiencing troubles with them.
I agree that the best way to place a request or ask for your money back is through their "Ticket" option. They usually reply within 24hs
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 05:36 PM UTC
Dear Jay

Sorry that it is Chinese New Year that slow down the transport
And also pls use my request function as many of our reply has been blocked

We do reply all email within 24 hours. For restock timing sometimes the paints is out of control. We better to remove those items from catalog to avoid trouble like this. We better not offer the item then receive complain.

Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:33 PM UTC
Dear All BigA Fans,

Just to confirmed, all the goods from PRC warehouse will be ready after 20 Feb for the backlog created during the last 30 days.

Sorry for trouble caused. We are working a new updated to the website to indicate the more accurate data.

Regards
Raymond
backswampcub
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 157 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 05:14 AM UTC
I was wondering what was going on. But now I understand, my wife has faced similar issues with betta fish out of Thailand. Most of my shipment is going into the stash for future builds so I will just wait eagerly. In the end the prices are awesome and with 2 buck shipping well worth the wait.
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:37 AM UTC
Thanks for the update Raymond.

In my two orders there are 1 x Meng, 1x Takom, 1x Trumpeter and 4x Hobby Boss. Will they be restocked by LM soon? Or do I have to wait months?
CJ3B
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
KitMaker: 245 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:49 PM UTC
In my case, I had an order for Trumpeter, Dragon and Voyayer stuf... Order placed in May, and cancelled in November... guess again? No stock. That was the first time something like that happened to me. NO I see so many 2-3 week backorder thing, that I haven't placed an order since.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 - 01:03 AM UTC
Let me join the chorus of those singing the praises of Luckymodel. They and Hobbyeasy are superb. If an item is out-of-stock they will indicate as much on your order page. If you don't want to wait for a re-stock, they will cheerfully remove it.

And, yes, I have had some issues with credit card companies (especially PayPal) refusing transactions, but a simple phone call usually clears that up.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:11 PM UTC
Hi all,
Now that it's 2/20/2017, for those who have their orders "pending" at Lucky Model, can you post something here when you see your order status changes? Mine is pending. I want to know if LM keeps its word.

Regards,
James
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:47 PM UTC
I have an item pending since 09/17/16, it's the DEF model french CN 75-50 barrel. Of course I had ordered it when it was in the "backordered-possible 3-4 weeks restock" state. Five months later... nothing, still pending. In December I asked DEF models whether this Item is OOP or anything like that but they said that it is available from them.
Go figure...

Greg

Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2017 - 02:11 AM UTC
James, I will post an update later. I have two orders now. One order has some items from the PRC warehouse and Meng back order to complete the order. I don't see any changes today.

The other order is made up of Hobby Boss, Takom and Trumpeter kits that have 1-3 weeks back order.

Reading the comments of others, I am amazed at how others have waiting well over 6 months for their order to be filled. I don't have that kind of patience.
sauron
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2017 - 02:47 AM UTC
Ordered four 1/72 armor and the Bronco Seehund to make the $100 special back in mid-January. All items were "in-stock" when I placed the order and the discount was applied. Then after a week of no word the order showed 'Pending' for the Bronco kit. Still says that today. Can't change to something else and keep the discount so I'll wait. The 1/72 armor is for a diorama but not urgent.

I've had really good service from LM over quite a number of years and zero problems with a VISA credit card. Helps me to hear they've had issues and are working on it. Won't keep me from buying from them again but, as has been said, be sure to check the in-stock status.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2017 - 04:11 AM UTC
Thanks guys for your willingness to post updates. I think another gripe I have about LM's process is that some companies like Hobby Easy will not charge your credit card until all the items are ready to be shipped out. LM on the other hand will hold onto your money for however many months while "pending" (6+ months or close to a year?) even though no shipment is made. I am getting slowly turned off by LM.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2017 - 05:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

James, I will post an update later. I have two orders now. One order has some items from the PRC warehouse and Meng back order to complete the order. I don't see any changes today.

The other order is made up of Hobby Boss, Takom and Trumpeter kits that have 1-3 weeks back order.

Reading the comments of others, I am amazed at how others have waiting well over 6 months for their order to be filled. I don't have that kind of patience.

Dear JAMES

Partial shipment for trumpeter and hobbyboss arrive yesterday, some of you will noticed the status get updated. More to come by the end this week.

Again the reason we charge the transaction upfront is that we do not keep any credit card data in our database. This like PayPal the charges happens when you authorised it. We have only the option to cancel tx or charge it within 72 hrs from the point you authorised it.

We take consideration to work as other retailer but in view of the possible credit risk, we take this option. Sure you can request to cancel and refund.

A program update is undergo to advise you if the order cannot be shipped in 72 hrs.
So you can decide whether you wait or cancel it. Each item can have queuing time to select and follow up action. So you are in control of the order instead of limbo in between.

Raymond
Jay_Antony
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 03:27 PM UTC
Hi Raymond,

Thanks for posting in here.

Here's my situation - I placed an order on 7 January for paints and thinners. The LM website said all were IN STOCK at the PRC warehouse and to allow 2 weeks 'transit'. All the items are still showing as IN STOCK at PRC by the way.

The order status still just shows 'Pending.

It has now been almost 7 weeks.

That's a big difference to the indicated 2 weeks.

If there was going to be some disruption because of Chinese New Year then you would know that well in advance and you should post an announcement on the site letting people know.

I flat out don't think it is good enough the way LM manages orders.

And like I said in my previous post, I have placed 43 orders with LM so far and so I speak from plenty of experience.

That's why wherever possible I order from other vendors like BNA (who always ship within 24 hours and I have never experienced an 'in stock' item suddenly being 'out of stock' after I order it), or Hobbyeasy or HLJ - these other vendors are streets ahead of LM in their stock management, website accuracy and speed to shipping. LM has some brands like Gunze and Deluxe that are hard to get elsewhere and that's a draw for me, but I look forward to the day when I can order these from another vendor who is reliable.

And curiously enough, I have had orders shipped in the usual time from Hobbyeasy and Sincerehobby in this same period.
backswampcub
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:37 PM UTC
I am experiencing similar issues with the PRC all items show in stock at PRC but it has been a month all non PRC items show reserved and now one PRC item shows reserved for March 3rd arrival to warehouse but the other 4 PRC items are still pending. So it appears that it will be Mid March before my stuff will leave the warehouse putting my order 2 months to ship. When I express my frustration thru there message system the response I get is "Thanks for your understanding". I have ordered in the past with no issues but this time I am stuck to guess when my stuff might ship.
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 02:11 AM UTC
Here is the update on my two orders.

My first order is still "pending" for the Meng D9R bulldozer (it was showing "in stock" when i placed in my cart back on Jan 25).
Also still pending for the Tamiya decal scissors (which several pairs were in stock at the PRC warehouse when I placed the order on Jan 25). My Tamiya electric drill and drill bits are "reserved from incoming March 3").
My second order placed Feb 9: 4 Hobby Boss kits still pending, 1 Takom "reserved from incoming" to HK, 1 Trumpeter kit still pending.

One thing I never understood about their "Restocking". Whenever I see it their webpage, most of the items are Not in Stock. What does "restocking" really mean? Is it LM's notice to all customers that they plan to place a large order with the factory soon? I tried asking not long ago about some Legend products and the reply did not quite answer my question.

Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 04:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear JAMES

Partial shipment for trumpeter and hobbyboss arrive yesterday, some of you will noticed the status get updated. More to come by the end this week.

As to my orders from 1/20, unlike what Ray said, they're still pending after a week. I think it may be better that LM stores my credit card info and only charge it when it ships the items out like Hobbyeasy does. I was hoping to continue business with LM b/c of its great prices but these recurring restock issues are bothersome.

James
backswampcub
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 - 04:48 AM UTC
Well i have always ordered in stock listed items with no problem. Decided to try PRC since so much stuff I wanted was listed as PRC. I will not do that again.
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:11 PM UTC
My second order got updated yesterday.
Out of Six kits ordered: One is reserved. One HB kit pending and four are in coming (3 HB and 1 Trumpeter).

No change of status on my first order. Still pending on the Tamiya decal scissor (from PRC warehouse) and Meng D9R dozer.