Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Problems with Lucky Model?
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 08:46 PM UTC
Agreed, order with confidence.
Venko555
Visit this Community
Bulgaria
KitMaker: 908 posts
Armorama: 698 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:14 PM UTC
Their request service is very best, never had any problems with Luckymodel, you can safely order from them.

Regards,
gharker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:21 PM UTC
Yesterday we were just discussing how bad Luckies service has gotten since October on facebook. I suspect that who ever managed the online stores is no longer there because they went from a great store to useless. They refused to ship my orders and instead kept giving my stuff away. After several months of this I had to get a store credit buy some common stuff and I have never gone back. They even deleted messages when I would asked them why they were taking stuff out of my orders that they said were reserved and giving them to others. I hope they get their act together and when they do I will go back to them. I should also mention that I used to drop thousands on them every year.
5thMech
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:31 PM UTC
Hopefully it's an IT issue you're experiencing. They seem highly reputable and I have had good luck (no pun intended) on each occasion I have used them over several years.

Hope your luck changes soon.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:41 PM UTC
I never had any problems with ordering from LM. On the contrary,
I ordered their MaxxPro MRAP kit a while ago and it "vanished" from China to Germany. Raymond send me a replacement in no time.
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 06:14 AM UTC
How do we get $2 shipping??? I couldn'd find an option for it.
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 08:18 AM UTC
$2 shipping is a special promotion that comes out time to time, may be have to wait a little...
StanNC
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:24 PM UTC
If you think Lucky Model problems are over guess again. I have been doing business with them since the nineties. Never had any real problems until the past two years. For the record, in the past two years I have placed 18 orders with them and have spent in excess of $1900.00. Of the eighteen orders only two have been completed without a problem. By the way, during that time I only ordered items that are listed as in stock.
Now those are facts not complaints.
My complaint is that the inventory listed and the order status are not to be trusted. I really have a problem when I check the status of my order to find that a fully reserved item is suddenly put into a back order status for weeks or months. What I have found to be happening is that they take your reserved item and use it to complete some other order to get it out the door. Okay that's your business practice. Not really good to be robbing one customer for another's benefit. I will give you that I don't know how they set priorities; but 16 of 18 orders screwed up can't be a record of a good business practice.
Finally, I will say that I think I have gone far enough in giving then the benefit of doubt in continuing to place orders hoping they would get things fixed. The last straw was placing an order for a Tamiya M40 that had 6+ units in stock PRC. Three days later I find the item identified as fully reserved. When I checked two weeks afterwards I found that it is now back ordered maybe 2 to 3 weeks out. Enough of the games Lucky Model, I am voting with my wallet and going elsewhere. You really don't show me that you get it.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:48 PM UTC
Dang,
I wish I saw this post a week earlier. I ordered this from them.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48070

Oh well, Happy Canada Day 150 anyways.

Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 - 11:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you think Lucky Model problems are over guess again. I have been doing business with them since the nineties. Never had any real problems until the past two years. For the record, in the past two years I have placed 18 orders with them and have spent in excess of $1900.00. Of the eighteen orders only two have been completed without a problem. By the way, during that time I only ordered items that are listed as in stock.
Now those are facts not complaints.
My complaint is that the inventory listed and the order status are not to be trusted. I really have a problem when I check the status of my order to find that a fully reserved item is suddenly put into a back order status for weeks or months. What I have found to be happening is that they take your reserved item and use it to complete some other order to get it out the door. Okay that's your business practice. Not really good to be robbing one customer for another's benefit. I will give you that I don't know how they set priorities; but 16 of 18 orders screwed up can't be a record of a good business practice.
Finally, I will say that I think I have gone far enough in giving then the benefit of doubt in continuing to place orders hoping they would get things fixed. The last straw was placing an order for a Tamiya M40 that had 6+ units in stock PRC. Three days later I find the item identified as fully reserved. When I checked two weeks afterwards I found that it is now back ordered maybe 2 to 3 weeks out. Enough of the games Lucky Model, I am voting with my wallet and going elsewhere. You really don't show me that you get it.

Dear Stanley,

Sorry to upset you and I have replied to you via My Request. Don't worry the kit will be shipped to you within a week. I just want to know what Stock Indicator show when you put the TAMIYA M40. Since the mid May, we have cancelled the outsource services deal with our PRC warehouse subcontractor and relocation of the PRC warehouse to our own location started. The process not yet finished. In the meantime, we transfer the stock from the PRC warehouse to HK for dispatch. Therefore, by mid May we have removed the "In Stock PRC warehouse" indicator until we test our new facilities is fully operational. Therefore, you still see "PRC W/H processing" when you check your order status. 3 of 5 orders in June has been shipped on the same or next business day to you and arriving around 7-10 days after we post it out.

We have not pull anyone reserved item to other pending order (In you case, we have one pc TAMIYA M40 in stock reserved for other orders in HK, but not released to your order) that I have to state clearly here.

We admit we have some stock indicator issue in the past 2 years as we are finding ways to resolve the space problem with more demanding stock selection. But all changes is try to make things better. Of course, life is not perfect and we are keep improving.

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 - 11:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dang,

Hi Robbie,

The kit is undergo production and item will get ready by end of July (if no delay from Cartograph).

Regards
Raymond
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 12:47 AM UTC
I have had no problems with them for many years.
The only exception is they still have MiniArt and 90% of it says"vendor on VOCOTION"He's been on vacation for a year and a half now.
Tom
Thanks for tuning into us Raymond.Nice to see considering most of us keep you guys in business.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 05:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dang,

Hi Robbie,

The kit is undergo production and item will get ready by end of July (if no delay from Cartograph).

Regards
Raymond

Thanks for the update Raymond. I guess I got a little paranoid. I also noticed this post was created back in 2008. I thought this was a recent issue. I can relax a little now.

Cheers

billflorig
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 11:29 AM UTC
Gentleman, over the past two years I have had tremendous, flawless, very fast service from Lucky Model. I ordered the AFV Club M60A2 from them last Tuesday. It arrived here in Hawaii on Saturday morning. Thanks Lucky Model. I'll order again soon! Aloha, Bill
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:54 AM UTC
I as well have found myself disappointed in Luckymodel with recent transactions.

1. Next month will be the two year mark for receiving a kit with damaged parts. I ordered the AFV CLUB Bussing Nag with Bilstein crane. It arrived with a damaged part. I was informed that LM would follow up with AFV CLUB. Nothing has ever taken place. In that time the kit has come and gone from LM stock with no offer to remedy the situation. When I question the issue I am always told that they are waiting for AFV CLUB to respond. I realize it takes time and patience, but two yearsþ?

2. I recently ordered two Alpine figures. The live inventory system confirmed that the figures were in stock, and they were added to my cart. On checkout after paying the figures still showed as being in stock. A couple of weeks later I checked on the status of my order and it hadn't shipped. The figures showed up as "full reserve", I understand that inventory management systems can have issues, but I wasn't informed at all. Had I been informed of an issue I would have been understanding and changed my order.

I am disappointed in LM, and hope they can get back on track.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:36 PM UTC
Are they still even a viable company? I just browsed Dragon 1/72; Trumpeter 1/700, and 1/72; Flyhawk 1/700 and 1/72; and Model Collect 1/72. Over 90% of those categories were on "Back Order". That's a lot of current and recent releases not in stock! If my LHS had a lot of empty shelves I would shop elsewhere.
gharker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:48 PM UTC
I think that they must have changed manager or something. They used to be such a great store. The last few Times I have dealt with them they screwed up every order, and they were rude about it when I asked them questions, sometimes even deleting the questions. My questions were not rude.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are they still even a viable company? I just browsed Dragon 1/72; Trumpeter 1/700, and 1/72; Flyhawk 1/700 and 1/72; and Model Collect 1/72. Over 90% of those categories were on "Back Order". That's a lot of current and recent releases not in stock! If my LHS had a lot of empty shelves I would shop elsewhere.

I just spent more time browsing Tamiya, Dragon, SModels, and others. Something must be wrong with their website, or their store. Almost everything is listed as Back Order with restocking times of 2 -3 weeks, to 2 - 3 months. Looks to be a large empty warehouse!
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I as well have found myself disappointed in Luckymodel with recent transactions.

1. Next month will be the two year mark for receiving a kit with damaged parts. I ordered the AFV CLUB Bussing Nag with Bilstein crane. It arrived with a damaged part. I was informed that LM would follow up with AFV CLUB. Nothing has ever taken place. In that time the kit has come and gone from LM stock with no offer to remedy the situation. When I question the issue I am always told that they are waiting for AFV CLUB to respond. I realize it takes time and patience, but two yearsþ?

2. I recently ordered two Alpine figures. The live inventory system confirmed that the figures were in stock, and they were added to my cart. On checkout after paying the figures still showed as being in stock. A couple of weeks later I checked on the status of my order and it hadn't shipped. The figures showed up as "full reserve", I understand that inventory management systems can have issues, but I wasn't informed at all. Had I been informed of an issue I would have been understanding and changed my order.

I am disappointed in LM, and hope they can get back on track.

Dear Greg,

Sorry that the AFV Club replacement parts still not arriving. We send the replacement request via distributor, the parts replacement is via separate pack not from the normal goods. Even with restocking of the same item, we may not able to "track" the parts (also AFV Club does not have clear part numbering among the sprue) upon arrival. I understand this is very annoying for wait for a good part to build the kit and we need to figure out how to handle this with thousands of parts request claim among different brand and vendor.

We will express request from AFV to see we can get hold of the new shipment to send replacement to you ASAP.

As for the ALPINE figures, we discover some stock level conflict between timing on order adjustment (some customer require to replace the order item via back office CS console). We will upgrade the site to notify you so it would not take you weeks to ask.

Regards
Raymond
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I just spent more time browsing Tamiya, Dragon, SModels, and others. Something must be wrong with their website, or their store. Almost everything is listed as Back Order with restocking times of 2 -3 weeks, to 2 - 3 months. Looks to be a large empty warehouse!

Thank you for feedback.

As the last few months are summer, the sales is slower, so we stock up fewer. But we will keep up to refill our shelf.

But for brand like Dragon, they have a lot of out of production item where it is quite difficult to restock.

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 03:58 AM UTC
In conditions like this, customers order from other stores with a full inventory. They might not come back. Although I do like ordering PE from you - low prices and no shipping charges!
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 05:49 AM UTC
In all fairness, I am not aware of a more engaged owner; the fact that Raymond is responding to each person says a lot. I am not aware of a more engaged company owner than Raymond Chung.

The true measure for me is what happens once the complaint has been acknowledged. Raymond listens and reacts unlike any other company owner that I am aware of.

Thank you, Raymond, for replying I appreciate it and I really hope that I can get my part replaced for the Bussing Nag w/Bilstein Crane.
Jay_Antony
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 05:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... Next month will be the two year mark for receiving a kit with damaged parts. I ordered the AFV CLUB Bussing Nag with Bilstein crane. It arrived with a damaged part. I was informed that LM would follow up with AFV CLUB. Nothing has ever taken place. In that time the kit has come and gone from LM stock with no offer to remedy the situation. When I question the issue I am always told that they are waiting for AFV CLUB to respond. I realize it takes time and patience, but two years...
I really hope that I can get my part replaced for the Bussing Nag w/Bilstein Crane.

Serious question - am I the only one who thinks that if a retailer sells you damaged goods, that retailer needs to either refund you or send you undamaged goods (upon receipt back of the damaged goods) - and not spend 2 years asking the manufacturer to remedy the problem?

I really am quite bemused by this. If I was sold damaged goods by a retailer and they told me for 2 years they were chasing up the manufacturer, I would have long ago asked the retailer (being the party I bought the goods from and who has my money) to sort it out themselves - and probably would have sought a credit charge back early on in the piece. Just about every retail scenario I am familiar with puts the onus on the retailer to resolve issues with the customer directly and then take it up on their own behalf with the supplier /manufacturer etc.

I've variously had HLJ send me a new wheel set immediately when the one they shipped was missing parts (didn't even ask for the old one to be returned), have had BNA send me a new aftermarket set when the one they shipped had broken parts (again, without even requiring a return), and had Hobbyeasy replace a Miniart kit which had been short-shot.

On subject of LM, have only placed 3 smallish orders with them in last 6 months and have had no unexpected out of stock issues, all shipped quickly and has been smooth - so thanks LM for that.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 08:23 PM UTC
I've had a kit missing one sprue ordered from Freetime Hobbies. I phoned Brandon and he sent me a complete new kit (free) without asking for return of original kit, and very quickly.

gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 12:24 AM UTC
Today I received an email from Lucky Model stating that the sprue containing the damaged part has been sent....

So I am happy....in regards to spending two years waiting, perhaps that was silly on my part and I should have been more aggressive. At the time that this happened, I had never had a bad experience with LM, all my experiences up to that point were excellent. So I figured it would be sorted out quite quickly.

Thanks Raymond for the quick remedy since responding to my post the other day.