Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Nazi what if diorama
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 11:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there mate

Tee hee ,,,,,,,,,,, your work is looking great as it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That formwork inprint just rocks. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses as I work in the building industry and it is great when you see someone like yourself build something that catches the look of the real thing so well.

I think the painted section looks great and gives a look of the sort of part painted walls you see in some places.

Hope whatever way you do this works out for ya. Either way I is following this build !!!!!!!

Nige

Thanks man Much appreciated. Here is a photo of the carved out windows before i make a new mold for the angled window edges. Will fix any uneven concrete later on. Kinda liked this technique, It was more fun to do, and the result i think is exactly what i hoped for.

okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Armorama: 806 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 12:58 PM UTC
[/quote]

Thanks man Much appreciated. Here is a photo of the carved out windows before i make a new mold for the angled window edges. Will fix any uneven concrete later on. Kinda liked this technique, It was more fun to do, and the result i think is exactly what i hoped for.

[/quote]

That texture looks great close up. I think it doesn't need any sort of rubbing down of the rough edges. I think it looks great as is.

Nige
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 08:12 PM UTC
Jarle

Walls look perfect. Very good concrete-like texture.

Can't wait to see this one finished. Thank you for the how-to presentation of your progress.

Andrzej
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 10:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jarle

Walls look perfect. Very good concrete-like texture.

Can't wait to see this one finished. Thank you for the how-to presentation of your progress.

Andrzej

Tnx. And no prob . Will try to share as much as i can on the building proses.

And for the balsa plates i just took a pen and drew the lines a little hard so the pen dug in to the balsa. But not to hard so you dont cut the balsa.
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 01:25 AM UTC
This is the first window to go trough the molding proses. Ill just re use the mold frame for the other for as close as possible result.

Hope it is satisfactory. Will grind away any un even things in the molding.
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 07:52 AM UTC
Naaaaaaaaaa

I reckon you should leave it uneven. looks perfect and just like the surfaces of your two pics

That window shuttering looks great. Would love to see how you shuttered and poured the mix into the pre cut hole and got such a great result. Can you photograph the work to the second window for us?

Nige
[/quote]
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 08:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Naaaaaaaaaa

I reckon you should leave it uneven. looks perfect and just like the surfaces of your two pics

That window shuttering looks great. Would love to see how you shuttered and poured the mix into the pre cut hole and got such a great result. Can you photograph the work to the second window for us?

Nige

[/quote]

Ok, hmm Il try to show how i did the molding proses. But i have to make a new window mold cuz the first one broke in peaces while dismantling :/ And trying to tape on balsa wood with plaster dust on is impossible hehe. So ill just try to make it as similar as possible. Will take photos of the window mold frame and some pics while poring in the stuff. and then the finished thing. Glad you liked the way i went with it. But must say that making the window mold frame was easier said than done hehe. Think ill make more supports this time around. So the thing dont flex.

talk to you soon:)
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 08:43 AM UTC
Thing is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, flexing is what the real formwork would have done. If it is slave labour doing the work there is every chance that formwork would not be perfect. May even be sabotaged and may flex more or less depending on how much timber shoring is put in to the formwork.

Making the formwork too perfect and exact might defeat the great effect you are getting here.

Enjoying this build for sure.

Nige
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 09:37 AM UTC
Wow, the overall result looks really good!
The detail of the wall is very nice!

The hobby was not the same before i found armorama.
Yes, you said that!
I also started building some very different landscapes and "things standing on it" and sharing my work. That is fun!
Also my both non-earth-based landscapes (one is completed) are a bit different to all the others I found here (on the kitmaker-network), so also I share my "try and error´s" to the other readers.

greetings...
Soeren
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 12:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thing is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, flexing is what the real formwork would have done. If it is slave labour doing the work there is every chance that formwork would not be perfect. May even be sabotaged and may flex more or less depending on how much timber shoring is put in to the formwork.

Making the formwork too perfect and exact might defeat the great effect you are getting here.

Enjoying this build for sure.

Nige

Hmm, I didnt consider that. Yeah, it most likely would have been slave labor. Damn, this is one of the reasons i like sharing the things here hehe. Always great tips to get from other experienced modelers. There is a million things to consider and think about. Not exactly a million, but you know what i mean

And do you guys know if there is a scientist figure set in 1:35? And what nazi commander figures could fit in here?

Would be awesome if the scientists had some sort of glasses on them to protect them from the bright light coming from the bell. And a lab coat of course
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 12:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

I have been following this interesting post.
Btw, the tank seems a US sheridan . Why is it there?

Cheers!
Seung-il

Bingo
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 01:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi,

I have been following this interesting post.
Btw, the tank seems a US sheridan . Why is it there?

Cheers!
Seung-il

Bingo

Yes this might be, think i remember there being a star on the side but years in the open has taken its toll on the paint job. It was used in a theater play for maybe 20+ years ago. It used to look good but it has been stored in to different areas. This last one they just dumped it on top of this container and simply forgot it. Would have been nice to restore it but sadly its beyond repair now.
Delta-Papa
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 05:57 PM UTC
This is looking REALLY good Jarle!

Our of curiosity, how thick are those walls & how big is the "landing" you've left for the window?
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 10:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This is looking REALLY good Jarle!

Our of curiosity, how thick are those walls & how big is the "landing" you've left for the window?

Tnx
The walls are almost 2cm and the window landing is about 5-6mm.
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 12:49 PM UTC
And another update on the molding progress.

Here is the window mold frame that i put in the window hole.

And some more molding The angled wall bottom.

Will cut/sand down the unneveness at the top of the wall (now upside down) from excess plaster.
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 01:14 PM UTC
Looks messy right now but its just plaster dust. Will look better painted (hopefully )

And hope you like it.
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 176 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 02:59 AM UTC
I am fascinated by this subject. I am a fan of the weird and little known. After seeing this thread for the first time I did a Google image search, not much info. But I did come across one image that I think would make a great addition to this dio. It was what looked like a concrete radar dish. The text indicated it was above a mine shaft where this thing was stored? I'm not sure if can upload it but I'll try. I Failed.
Well anyway it was called Der Riese, (the giant) over a shaft leading to Wecesias Mine in Poland. It also mentioned that it was where they tested the Bell and that isotope X135?
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 06:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... But I did come across one image that I think would make a great addition to this dio. It was what looked like a concrete radar dish. The text indicated it was above a mine shaft where this thing was stored? I'm not sure if can upload it but I'll try. I Failed.
Well anyway it was called Der Riese, (the giant) over a shaft leading to Wecesias Mine in Poland. It also mentioned that it was where they tested the Bell and that isotope X135?

Perhaps you meant :
this

I saw a big ring made of concrete (not beton ) , which looks like a lower part of a modern cooling tower. But: to this ring leads a small "tunnel" with a high-voltage cable!

greetings...
Soeren
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

... But I did come across one image that I think would make a great addition to this dio. It was what looked like a concrete radar dish. The text indicated it was above a mine shaft where this thing was stored? I'm not sure if can upload it but I'll try. I Failed.

Perhaps you meant :
this

I saw a big ring made of concrete (not beton ) , which looks like a lower part of a modern cooling tower. But: to this ring leads a small "tunnel" with a high-voltage cable!

greetings...
Soeren

This place witch is called the henge is in the documentary posted in this thread. It could have been used for aircrafts, or it could have been just a normal water tower supporting structure. Who knows for sure. But it is exciting to think that it was used for some kind of research.
Delta-Papa
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 01:33 AM UTC
Correct me if I'm wrong here but as far as I'm aware beton & concrete are the same thing...
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 02:08 AM UTC
In Polish word "beton" means "concrete" and same is in German.

A.
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 02:29 AM UTC
No that's not it. I've seen that henge, and I've always thought it was the bearing member of a huge domed bunker for some sort of wonder weapon research. I can't figure out how to post a photo of it but if you check my photos it's the only non model picture.
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 02:44 AM UTC
Upload Photos - To upload a photo (or photos) simply click on the Upload Photos text in the far upper right of your screen. The following page will allow you to select a category (see next section for more on categories) and browse to image files on your PC to select them for upload. Once you select a photo and click submit you will move to a page that will allow you to enter info about this image. This is optional of course but entering a description and keywords will make it easier for members to find your photo when doing a search.

Are these the right instructions? I have tried to add a picture to my reply but, I do not see an Upload Photos text in the upper right hand corner of my screen. Do I have the wrong page? Is my link to this forum corrupted? What am I doing wrong? HELP Get me straight
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 04:26 AM UTC
Since I saw this at the begining, it has gotten my weird attention going. There are too many gaps in the history to just figure it out. Have been to the library and came up with nothing, google has left me mystified and my curiosity is running rampant. The radar shaped concrete things you say had a electric cable running down a shaft, could this have been part of the experiment with sound waves for knocking down aircraft? A case of, not enough information underload! Makes you wonder what the governments were up to after they pillaged the sites and everything kind of went off the radar.
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 07:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

In Polish word "beton" means "concrete" and same is in German.
A.

Yes, also you´re right.
I meant this word, but wanted to write it in english.

Quoted Text

The radar shaped concrete things you say had a electric cable running down a shaft, could this have been part of the experiment with sound waves for knocking down aircraft?

Yes, also this could be possible. Intersting facts and ideas!

greetings...
Soeren