Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Featherlight Tanks Campaign
mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,054 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 08:27 AM UTC
Hi guys!

Mine is almost there. I think I'll finnish it next weekend.

Hope all of you can show us your work.

Cheers!

Marco
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 06:29 PM UTC
I just finished the flat coat have some final weathering and adding the small parts and maybe some stowage and it will be done in 2 more days.(fingers crossed)

Tom
PrickleHead
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 121 posts
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 - 12:31 PM UTC
My completed Stuart.

Scoutmaster
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 02:44 AM UTC
My update on my braille Vickers Mk.VIB Light Tank:

Assembly is done. Prepping it for painting. And keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get this model done before the deadline...
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
PrickleHead: Stuart turned our really nice and those sand bags look great.

Marcos: What kit is the Vickers?

I just need to apply a coat of flat on my Pz kpfw Mk II.

Bob
TankSGT
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 05:35 AM UTC
Finished on time for once and my pictures are in the gallery. I'll post a few here to.

The unit the M41 belonged to was on manuvers in Thailand and all the pictures show the area as vey muddy so I gunked up the hull. I also had foot prints on the upper hull as the crew moved around with muddy boots.

I put extra mud on 2 grab rails since they would make excellent boot scrapers for the crew. When I commanded my own tank I hated a dirty interior it was our home.

I drilled out the cupola vision blocks and added chain to the filler caps.Since it is training the 50cal tray is empty.

Tom
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 06:39 AM UTC
I need a few more days to finish it..
mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 08:01 AM UTC
Hi guys!

Wow, nice builds! Fantastic. I home my little monster is as good as yours.

So, I think I can call this finished, hope you like.

This warrior is realy tiny. Look it near my Buffalo :

Cheers guys!

Marco
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 08:11 AM UTC
@ Thomas: that is one of my favorite tanks ever since a Renwal kit was a birthday present in the early 1960's.

@Marco: nice job on that really small afv, I would not want to get caught in it.

My entry is finished. Pz kfpw Mk II Ausf J by ARK Models:

Now to try and post to the gallery, I seem to always have trouble.

Bob
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 10:46 AM UTC
It has been a while since I posted anything to a campaign gallery. I am able to upload to the kitmaker, but not the campaign gallery, could someone give an old geezer (probably forgot how to)another lesson in posting to the campaign gallery please.

Bob
Scoutmaster
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 04:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

PrickleHead: Stuart turned our really nice and those sand bags look great.

Marcos: What kit is the Vickers?

I just need to apply a coat of flat on my Pz kpfw Mk II.

Bob

Hi Bob, this Vickers Light Tank model was built from the S-Model kit. The details are much better than the old JB Models/Airfix 1/76 kit but one has to scribe some panel lines on the upper & lower hull of this S-Model Vickers if one wants to accurize the model. For a quick-build kit type, I was pleasantly surprised that S-Model threw in some photo-etched parts.
mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 - 04:48 AM UTC
Hi Bob!

Thanks man! Your Panzer II looks lovely man. I don't like WWII models, but I loved this little tank.

Cheers!

Marco
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 03:31 AM UTC
Updates on my German-occupied Soviet T70m light tank by Miniart...

Well. I kicked off to a great start with this cool little kit - hull built up well, tracks actually almost a breeze (as much as a collection of uber-tiny links can be! ), and the turret came together pretty nicely, too.

This is the hull - basic... I am going to replace that plastic solid "screen and louvers" bit that fits into the square hole I cut out on the rear plate with some nice tinny PE louvers and a good-looking PE screen. Needs to have some black added into that space first before the PE attaches. There's also a mesh screen piece that goes onto that long vent-box on the upper hull side.

AFTER I took this basic hull pic, I went around and added a bunch of weld-seams and a few hull details on various sides. The kit is really pretty simple - just like this little tank really was - and there is not a lot of stuff to be added. The real tank was rather crudely welded together, and weld beads will help that look. There will be some pic of those details coming soon!

I moved to assemble all the running gear and the track next...

The small torsion-bars are, well, SMALL and a little weak, so those who do this kit ... beware! They need a little TLC during install, and careful alignment while they fully set-up, else your wheels may be a bit "off"!

I figured that a captured T70 may not have the newest, nicest rubber tires in town, so these got a little wear...

The tracks - itty bitty links with pretty nice detail and pretty good, easy-assembly fit without fight - may have been about the easiest link set I've ever done! The links needed a little clean-up (links come on sprues and need careful clip-off to avoid wastage - and you don't get a lot of spares to waste!), but look good and fall right together. I did my usual procedure and assembled all the road gear using tacky for temp placement, and assembled my track runs and let them form and set up, and removed all that stuff for later separate painting.

I was going great guns up to a couple weeks back... and then I started in on the turret. Mostly, that came together well. I did not get a new metal barrel, so had to use the anemic thing the kit provides. That little item needs some care and careful de-seaming. It came out OK, but a metal barrel would be the way to go. The gun mantel on this kit looks pretty good, and the turret mostly so, albeit the dimensions are apparently a little off. Not much to do about that.

(There are several MA T70 kits - and some folks have pointed out that the turret is wrongly-shaped and proportioned - but not massively-so. Some of the gun-mantel pieces are also reputed to be wrong in gun location, etc. For my money, the turret looks OK, and THIS kit's mantel has a nice cast texture and the gun is actually pretty correctly-placed - MA has tooled the mantel a couple times and may well have addressed some of the ills seen in the earlier T70 kits. There is also a track-and-wheel issue... in this case, the later T70m tanks (most of MA's kits are for this later version) and related variant vehicles, such as the MA SU-76 kits, had the wider track and wider wheels. THIS kit - indeed, all of MA's -70 kits - comes with the narrower wheels and tracks. Not much to do about that unless you want to buy a whole set of AM running gear and tracks. The kit gear does look pretty good in most respects, albeit a couple of the roadies are somewhat mis-molded and lack part of the rim detail... )

But the above is all the progress I can post at this point HERE, I regret to say.

My story, alas, has ground to a messy slow-down (I'll persevere and hang in there and NOT say "stop" - but...) with the PE kit. The Eduard PE instructions are not the best, and, while the metal folds nicely and actually looks pretty "right", one gets into issues when trying to mount those tinny fenders. The PE WILL make the fenders look correctly tinny as they were, but the fitting takes a bunch of tooing and froing and I've gone through 2 remove-and-replace events trying to get them on and clear those tracks...

So - long/short! I won't get this one done in time to wrap the Featherweight Campaign! But, as I DO want to get this one done, and I want to take it to a show in a month... I'm ending my Featherweight effort with a "blah" but will continue this right away over in the Unfinished Biz world! I may even get the first coats of paint going this coming weekend.

This has been a great campaign and the work and discussion just awesome! A real blast to see and be in! There have been some cool little tanks done here and my hats off to all - and most so to those who got them fully-done (and on time, I'll add)! Great jobs and cool stuff, Guys! Little tanks RULE (in numbers, at least! )

Bob
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 05:24 AM UTC
Great work Marco ! Turned out another great build from SP !!

@Bob,
don't worry I didn't make it either, here's my progress

Good to know thos tips since I have one in stash.
Your tracks look great !
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 06:00 AM UTC
Looks a heck of a lot closer to Finis than does mine, John!

And the progress-to-date looks pretty good.

I'll guess that you'll be joining me over in that Unfinished campaign!

Hang in there! We'll get these done up right and proper yet, folks!

Bob
mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 06:23 AM UTC
Hi guys!

Thanks John! I think the dry weather here in SP helps a lot (the paint sets realy fast).

As I said to Bob, these tyni panzers are lovely, I loved the suspension.

Cheers!

Marco
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 06:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll guess that you'll be joining me over in that Unfinished campaign!
Bob

I bet Bob !

I'm guessing in a week or two I'll manage to work the fenders, add primer, paint & weather it.
Shake & Bake Fenders.

Quoted Text

As I said to Bob, these tyni panzers are lovely, I loved the suspension.

Cheers!

Marco

Marco, those small Panzers from HobbyBoss or Bronco are a good way to work on your first WW2 tanks ...

Well back to the fenders, will work a bit after dinner today..
EHAM0624
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 200 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 09:06 AM UTC
Am I still on time? I realized last week that the deadline was pretty near and I needed to finish it (some last bits) which took longer then expected (as always), so here with the paint still wet on some places and with only some touching-up to the base and still nee to add more grass to it my result.

Thanks
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:24 AM UTC
Well... The campaign ended today but I think we can allow it as it ended today. So everyone who finished before the campaign ended, if you don't have pics in the gallery, get em in there so you can get your award!
TheGreatPumpkin
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 690 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 11:46 AM UTC
Here's mine! And I found the gallery!

Regards,
Georg

PS- this picture was taken Saturday at the Armorcon show.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 04:34 AM UTC
My progress so far,

Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2014 - 04:28 AM UTC
Fenders got all the PE parts,

All the equipment will pe painted first and then added to the fenders.

I left the Tiger watching over the tiny Panzer while I worked,

Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 02:05 PM UTC
Done !!!!!!!!!!

MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 02:52 PM UTC
Ok. Awards given out from the Campaign gallery. If you finished before the end date please post it in the gallery and PM me to let me know to award you with an award.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 06:06 PM UTC
Michael, thanks for the campaign and the ribbon. See ya next time.

Bob