Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Featherlight Tanks Campaign
2CAVTrooper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 11:53 AM UTC
Another angle for this is the pre WW2 "tanks" that the U .S. Army had for training... Basically plywood mock ups over a light truck
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 02:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Another angle for this is the pre WW2 "tanks" that the U .S. Army had for training... Basically plywood mock ups over a light truck

Sounds like mock-ups and training-aids, not actual armed and armored featherweight tanks available for combat use, to me! What you described sounds just like those "panzer-attrappen" training mock-ups the Germans did! Wood and fabric shells perched on Kubelwagens and such (and big plywood "turrets" mounted onto old Panzer I hulls, amongst other things) - but not fighting vehicles.

Bob

But it does suggest yet another possible future campaign... training aids and mock-ups! This would be a pretty scratch-and-am conversion-intensive campaign, there being very very few kits out featuring training mock-ups (although there are a few Dragon / Cyberhobby kits featuring training-school versions of combat vehicles - such as the Marder III M, Panther, StuG III types fitted with propane cylinders, etc.)...
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 02:23 PM UTC
Jeff. I see what you are talking about but it is not allowed in this campaign. You could do the pre-WWII training tanks that were actual tanks/ other light tanks. There was the experimental T1 light tank, and, even though it's not included because its a medium tank, the Ram II tank that was used by the Canadian forces as a training tank.
jhbarford
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2014 - 08:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

MikeyBugs95 (Michael Goldberg) said:

Yes, the BT-7 is a light tank.

Excellent, I'm in.

MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:33 AM UTC
So is anyone else interested in enlisting? There's just 17 enlisted as of now.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 - 01:24 AM UTC
Ok. Guess this is all we will be having. I am making a change to my line up for this campaign. No longer will I be making a Chaffee... I felt the need... The need... To build. So I built the Chaffee. 2 left for the build.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 06:32 PM UTC
I just signed up for this campaign so now to purchase a kit.

Bob
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 10:15 AM UTC
Ok! I splurged on a Trumpeter kit (1:35 Trumpeter French 39(H) Tank with 37mm SA18 L/33 Long Barreled Gun -) the description at Squadron for a Hotchkiss H39, it sure seems a mouth ful for just a couple of words.

Ok Im in as soon as the kit arrives, probably by the time the campaign begins.

Bob
nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 376 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 01:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok! I splurged on a Trumpeter kit (1:35 Trumpeter French 39(H) Tank with 37mm SA18 L/33 Long Barreled Gun -) the description at Squadron for a Hotchkiss H39, it sure seems a mouth ful for just a couple of words.

Bob

I´ve recently got the Bronco H39.. a direct comparison would be interresting... but as far as I´ve overlooked my bench, stash and campaigns I´m enlisted... I´ll jump in late, if at all...
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 02:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Bob

I´ve recently got the Bronco H39.. a direct comparison would be interresting... but as far as I´ve overlooked my bench, stash and campaigns I´m enlisted... I´ll jump in late, if at all...

Well, as is often said, Better Late Than Never!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 03:18 PM UTC
OK! Fabian, its a deal we can compare each kit and see which is either easier to put together and or which one is a DOG.

Bob
nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 11:17 PM UTC
Right Bob, reviews is the one side, putting it together the other...

I´ll see what I get done next month... thought about finishing at least 3 projects...

I´ve got Broncos "German 28cm Swurfgerut 40 auf G.W.H39" (#35002").

Well, an that makes is the kit with worst spelled name in my stash. "Swurfgerut" is pretty much unpronuncable (at least if you´re German)... what they wanted to write is "S. Wurfgerät" meaning "heavy launch unit". This isn´t the 100% correct designation either, as the ones mounted on vehicles were desigated as "Wurfrahmen 40" (launching frame 40).... but that´s the history lesson for today

Goddy-wise Bronco might be a bit in lead, tuned barrel, metal spings for the suspension, typical heavy french metal chain, single track links and a "complete" interior... but I have to build the Geman version, as only the modified hatch is supplied, but I´m not shure if I´m going to use the launching frame...

Not shure if you want to replace your vinyl tracks, but HobbyBoss is doing a great set, you´ll get it for the price differnce of our sets... I´ve used them on my R35, they were pretty much worth the few bucks...
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 04:38 AM UTC
Speaking of replacing tracks... I need to get replacement tracks for the Testors Chaffee that I'm building but not for this build anymore. The kit tracks were 80's rubber band tracks. Does anyone make AM styrene indy-link tracks
rockmart
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 71 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:01 AM UTC
Michael-Trumpeter makes both the early all steel and late rubber shoed tracks for the Chaffee.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:02 AM UTC
Fabian, thanks for the German lesson but its lost on a TEXAN. We dont speak English I've been told, at least thats what I understand My build will be for therapy, but I will take notes and photos to compare with yours.

Bob
nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Fabian, thanks for the German lesson but its lost on a TEXAN. We dont speak English I've been told, at least thats what I understand My build will be for therapy, but I will take notes and photos to compare with yours.

Bob

I remeber the times in the English classes...once upon a time... in some exams we were supposed to do listening coprehensions, and we´re always hoping not to get a Texan on the tape...
But as I had the pleasure to talk so some Australians, the Texans back in school weren´t that bad

Cheers
mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,054 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:26 AM UTC
Sorry guys but I did not read all the posts.

I have one modern german Wiesel w/TOW. Can I?

Thank you!

Marco
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:36 AM UTC
[/quote]

I remeber the times in the English classes...once upon a time... in some exams we were supposed to do listening coprehensions, and we´re always hoping not to get a Texan on the tape...
But as I had the pleasure to talk so some Australians, the Texans back in school weren´t that bad

Cheers[/quote]

I had the pleasure to become friends with some Aussies while in the NAVY. We (Texans)were not that far in not being able to understand each other at first and in how rowdy we were down to the hats

Bob
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Michael-Trumpeter makes both the early all steel and late rubber shoed tracks for the Chaffee.

Ok. Thank you. Time to go pick me up some.

Quoted Text

Sorry guys but I did not read all the posts.

I have one modern german Wiesel w/TOW. Can I?

Thank you!

Marco

Yes, Wiesel's with TOW are allowed.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers[/quote]

I had the pleasure to become friends with some Aussies while in the NAVY. We (Texans)were not that far in not being able to understand each other at first and in how rowdy we were down to the hats

Bob [/quote]

:D

I had a german teacher that was philosopher from Quebec ..
I didn't understand a word of his german, french or english..

Building an Eastern Express or Alan kit is worst !!

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 11:20 AM UTC
[quote]I had a german teacher that was philosopher from Quebec ..

Building an Eastern Express or Alan kit is worst !![quote]

John: I have never had any problems with either an Alan or Eastern Express kit when I was able to find and then clean the extra plastic. Their instrucions were/are kinda like me (Texan) there for guidance and not to be taken liturelly

Bob
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 11:21 AM UTC
[quote][quote]I had a german teacher that was philosopher from Quebec ..

Building an Eastern Express or Alan kit is worst !!
Quoted Text

John: I have never had any problems with either an Alan or Eastern Express kit when I was able to find and then clean the extra plastic. Their instrucions were/are kinda like me (Texan) there for guidance and not to be taken liturelly?

Bob

TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 01:08 PM UTC
Hi folks,

This campaign looks really interesting. I have several light tanks in the stash and would have enough time to finish my current campaign and start this. I have 3 Chaffees, an M551, An M41 and a Luchs. So I'm in and looking forward to a lot of fun building and comradeship.

Tom
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 01:28 PM UTC
Hey! Tom, I enjoy the community here also and the building photos, information, and tips sure do help.

CD:
(why do I have two posts with the same content?)

Bob
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi folks,

This campaign looks really interesting. I have several light tanks in the stash and would have enough time to finish my current campaign and start this. I have 3 Chaffees, an M551, An M41 and a Luchs. So I'm in and looking forward to a lot of fun building and comradeship.

Tom

Glad to have you. First one, that I heard of yet, possibly building a Luchs and a Sheridan. My stash sounds a bit like yours too. I mostly finished building my Chaffee; I have a M5 and a M41with a Luchs about to be on the way.