Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Featherlight Tanks Campaign
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi folks,

This campaign looks really interesting. I have several light tanks in the stash and would have enough time to finish my current campaign and start this. I have 3 Chaffees, an M551, An M41 and a Luchs. So I'm in and looking forward to a lot of fun building and comradeship.

Tom

Glad to have you. First one, that I heard of yet, possibly building a Luchs and a Sheridan. My stash sounds a bit like yours too. I mostly finished building my Chaffee; I have a M5 and a M41with a Luchs about to be on the way. Which Luchs do you have, by the way?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:19 PM UTC
I am planning on building a Stuart, later in the year. This sounds like a campaign that would suite it well.
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 05:18 PM UTC

Glad to have you. First one, that I heard of yet, possibly building a Luchs and a Sheridan. My stash sounds a bit like yours too. I mostly finished building my Chaffee; I have a M5 and a M41with a Luchs about to be on the way. Which Luchs do you have, by the way?[/quote]

I have the Tasca Luchs, a Bronco Chaffee, an Italaeri built and one unbuilt and the AFV NM 116 Norwegian Army version. I forgot about the Academy M3 as well. The tough part will be picking one to build. Also the Skybow M41 is the one I have.

Back in the day I was a Sheridan crewman but the Academy kit is a beast.

Tom
mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,054 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 10:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry guys but I did not read all the posts.

I have one modern german Wiesel w/TOW. Can I?

Thank you!

Marco

Yes, Wiesel's with TOW are allowed. [/quote]

Thank you Michael!

I think I'm in.

Cheers!

Marco
Raulito
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 105 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:03 AM UTC
Hi all.

Sorry fellas, I did not read all the thread and may be this is already clarified.

I have a Hobby Boss Pz IC that failed to build for the Panzers Return Campaign and I would like to give it a try.

So is the PzKpfw I ausf. C (VK 601) eligible?

Thank you.

Raul
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 04:38 AM UTC
Raul;

I would expect that the tiny Pz 1C - a true "designed - to - be - airborne light tank" should easily qualify here.... Actually, other than those Italian and Polish tankettes, the 1C is right down there with the lightest of tanks - and it actually has a turret and guns - tanks don't get much more feathery-weighted than a 1C! But that's just my opinion.

PS: I'm doing the 1C as we speak - for that Normandy campaign! By me, it's a pretty cool little tank / kit, albeit there is a known track-sprocket issue, and the track links are really tiny - smaller than the regular Pz 1A / 1B type.

Bob
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 05:52 PM UTC
I'm going to be getting a Luchs soon, probably just in time for the campaign. Going to have a bit of jostle because of all the tiny parts what with my "fat" fingers.
TankSGT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:57 PM UTC
I have been looking over the stash leaning towards the Skybow M41A3. But I haven't built a German tank in quite awhile. Still lots of time to mull it over. Also have to finish myTi 67. Can't wait forn the fun to begin.

Tom
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 10:43 PM UTC
Okay... so 'tankettes' are out? Must be a designated "Light Tank".

I've got some searching to do.

Jeff
Raulito
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 105 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would expect that the tiny Pz 1C - a true "designed - to - be - airborne light tank" should easily qualify here.... Actually, other than those Italian and Polish tankettes, the 1C is right down there with the lightest of tanks - and it actually has a turret and guns - tanks don't get much more feathery-weighted than a 1C! But that's just my opinion.

PS: I'm doing the 1C as we speak - for that Normandy campaign! By me, it's a pretty cool little tank / kit, albeit there is a known track-sprocket issue, and the track links are really tiny - smaller than the regular Pz 1A / 1B type.

Bob

Then I´m in with the HobbyBoss Pz. IC.

Thank you, Bob. BTW I have the Fruil tracks and sprockets for this one.

Still have 25 days for reference search, mostly on schemes.

Raul
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 04:40 AM UTC
Jeff: Tankettes are still in.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 01:34 PM UTC
Okay, thanks... but I think I have gotten the T-37 flue with seeing Nasebys Hobby Boss build.

They're not a bad price either. Simple, non-complicated assembly so it should be easy to squeeze in. I can then save the tankette for another project.

Jeff
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 01:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Okay, thanks... but I think I have gotten the T-37 flue with seeing Nasebys Hobby Boss build.

They're not a bad price either. Simple, non-complicated assembly so it should be easy to squeeze in. I can then save the tankette for another project.
Jeff

Is that catching or is there a vaccine for it? Maybe I need to look it up on wikipedia to see if there is a cure
Honestly I would like to build one of those.

Bob
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 06:00 PM UTC
Well, sorry to see you go, I suppose. The start date is drawing near, but is still far off. It appears that for all the hand holds on the M41, no one used it for stowage: I can't find a picture of a M41 with any bags on it except for a picture that was posted in this thread.
jhbarford
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:45 AM UTC
A slight change of plan if that's OK.

Rather than do one of these:

I thought I might build one of these instead:

Reason is it's got less than 100 parts(!) and I really need a quick build so that I might have at least some chance of finishing all of my campaign commitments AND still have a life outside my modelling workshop!

I presume that, although described as a medium tank on the box, it still falls within the confines of the campaign's rules?

panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 11:08 AM UTC
Jon;

Hmmmmm.

The Tamiya BT-7 - super nice kit with great engineering, easy build, great detail, perhaps 275 or so parts (but many actually don't get used on this tank, I think - given as the Tamiya BT-42 I am completing had many extra bits for other BT tanks...)...

OR

The Emhar MkA Whippet with about 100 bits.... an elderly kit (1996) with some rough fit and fuss needing (I would think) more time (and probably more loud demonstration of one's command of older English...! ) and frustration...

Choices, mate, choices! Me? BT-7, for sure! (Even if that Whippet is a very cool subject)

Bob
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 11:18 AM UTC
I believe both are medium tanks.

Jeff
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 02:05 PM UTC
Jon: the BT-7 fits the campaign. Not the Whippet. The BT-7 is a light tank while the Whippet is a medium tank.
olivepython
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:33 PM UTC
hi guys just joined the campaign. It's my first. I just bought Zvezda's BT-5 cos i dont have anything in the stash. It should arrive around when the campaign starts. Im really looking forward to this!!
sam
TankSGT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:48 PM UTC
I've decided its the Skybow Walker Bulldog for me. It just looks mean. I built the old Renwal kit and the tamiya one years ago. Now its time to do it right.

Tom
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 11:23 PM UTC
Ran across this video of a light tank I thought I'd share with everyone. It is NOT in English but should put us and keep us in the Light Tank mood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO7Bdy5veuk

Jeff
jhbarford
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jon: the BT-7 fits the campaign. Not the Whippet. The BT-7 is a light tank while the Whippet is a medium tank.

I can't argue with the description on the box BUT the Whippet weighs 14 tons so are we using the label "light tank/medium tank" as a noun (balsa wood is by definition a "hard" wood) or an adjective (conversely Southern pine is a softwood which is a LOT harder than balsa).

Sorry to appear pedantic and I will be happy to abide by you ruling but I just felt that I should point this out.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 09:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I can't argue with the description on the box BUT the Whippet weighs 14 tons so are we using the label "light tank/medium tank" as a noun (balsa wood is by definition a "hard" wood) or an adjective (conversely Southern pine is a softwood which is a LOT harder than balsa).

Sorry to appear pedantic and I will be happy to abide by you ruling but I just felt that I should point this out.

Jon; I feel your pain - just a little bit.

But, it's a definitions sort of thing. IF we are using weight as the criterion, well... OK. The tiny and light (ca 6 tons) Pz. IA definitely counts as being among the smallest and lightest of tanks, where "tank" might = "an armored tracked vehicle with a rotating turret mounting at least one gun". It's bloated ugly cousin, the Pz IF, was hardly larger in size, had the same light armament in an equally tiny turret - but weighed 18+ tons! BOTH the 1A and 1F were officially called "light tanks" by the Germans who created and used them.

For whatever it may be worth, having "danced with the weight lady" in this thread a ways back, perhaps we would do best to think in terms of "did the maker and or user "officially" call the thing a "light tank"? If so, than it counts as a light tank! Otherwise, NOT!"

The Whippet was officially called a medium tank. But weighed less than some things officially labelled light tanks. It's all in the name. I do feel some of your pain!

Bob
IronOwl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 572 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:19 AM UTC
I am in will be doing the PZ II F/G from Tamiya for this build. Bob I am slowly making progress on the other one about to start the tracks.

Sascha(ironowl)
jhbarford
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For whatever it may be worth, having "danced with the weight lady" in this thread a ways back, perhaps we would do best to think in terms of "did the maker and or user "officially" call the thing a "light tank"? If so, than it counts as a light tank! Otherwise, NOT!"

The Whippet was officially called a medium tank. But weighed less than some things officially labelled light tanks. It's all in the name. I do feel some of your pain!

Bob

Bob, after I made my latest post I looked back through this forum and have to accept that, weird though it may seem, my Whippet cannot be eligible - shame!

A real pity and I was so looking forward to building it.