Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Panzer IV Campaign
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 1,640 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 - 06:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That's it guys !

Grab your Panzers, Dark Yellow & Panzer grey jars.

Enlist HERE !!!

Oh, first again

Paul
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 03:07 PM UTC
Nice spot Paul.
But have you decided what to pick ?

I got some Italeri, Tristar, Trumpeter, Tamyia and Dragon kits to pick from... Easy ones like the old PzIV D from Tamyia. 1000+ parts from Dragon, some with AM others like the old PzIV F from Italeri.. damn.

I'm hoping to get a clear workbench at the time to pick a Dragon's Nashorn and a Tristar PzIV C.

Let's see how it turns out !!!
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 04:24 PM UTC
I'm IN.

With only perhaps 30 or so Pz. IV / variants kits in the pile, I'm sure I can find one...

Current louder-squealers ("build me", the Dragon Brummbar early prod. w/ zimm squealed in a falsetto voice, rustling those sprues (OK, maybe "runners" if I'm hearing the current terminology debate right) as briskly as he could, fearing that the rattle from numerous other Dragon boxes would swamp his efforts, constrained as he was by the very fullness of his box.) include that Brummbar early w/zim, an enticing Dicke Max, and a jagdpanzer IV L/70(V)...

But it does look like I have plenty of time to suffer amnesia and change-of-mind a couple times!

Bob
thueser
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 04:28 PM UTC
I'll pick the Tamiya Nashorn OOB for my hopefully growing private tank museum.
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 1,640 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 07:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi guys,

What about a Panzer IV Campaign ?

Any variant. OOB or full AM , Any scale. your choice.

Let me know how you guys feel and then we'll set the dates.

Right now you're in for it John . This has to take off as I am going to build my Syrian Panzer IV for this . The one I always wanted to show as a now and then build - half Syrian / half SS .

Paul

I'm sticking to this John, it'll be the Dragon PanzerIV J Kit No. 6080 with an RB barrel and some scratch.

Paul
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 11:29 PM UTC
I can't think past next week, let alone what I'll be in the mood for come November. Got 3 to choose from at the moment, I'm kind of leaning towards the Stug IV with the Orange Hobby etch set and some Cavalier zimm that is intended for the Jagdpanzer, it looks like there's enough to cover a Stug.

Kimmo
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 11:31 PM UTC
@Paul

I just asked because you could have changed your mind since i started the thread ...

@Bob
Brumbar vs Dicker Max vs jagdpanzer ... mhhh I understand your problems
I'm guessing you will change your mind a few times until the start date. So will I...
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 02:35 AM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi guys,

What about a Panzer IV Campaign ?

Any variant. OOB or full AM , Any scale. your choice.

Let me know how you guys feel and then we'll set the dates.

Right now you're in for it John . This has to take off as I am going to build my Syrian Panzer IV for this . The one I always wanted to show as a now and then build - half Syrian / half SS .

Paul

I'm sticking to this John, it'll be the Dragon PanzerIV J Kit No. 6080 with an RB barrel and some scratch.

Paul

Good luck. You will have your patience tested with that kit
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 03:32 AM UTC
I just realized that this kit has been sitting in my stash waaaay to long

so this may be my likely candidate
nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 376 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 03:35 AM UTC
mhh, Dragon A, Tristar B, Tristar D/Tauch or eventually the upgraded Italeri Stug IV (If I take the offer to buy it)... difficoult choices...
maybe I could even build up another one from all the Spares in those 4 kits...
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

mhh, Dragon A, Tristar B, Tristar D/Tauch or eventually the upgraded Italeri Stug IV (If I take the offer to buy it)... difficoult choices...

"Hush, Friend, Hush!" Don't go around trumpeting loudly about all those spares you get that may enable you to build a whole 5th panzer from the extras from the bought 4!

Elsewise, those wily kit manufacturers will wise up and start marketing their kits as "Special Deal! Buy 4 and get a 5th tank FREE!", and jack the price up accordingly!

Choices, choices. But no rush, friend! You have TIME on your side, just like John P. and I do!

@John P.; The dithering already starts! That Dragon IV-J final prod kit is beckoning once again, even though the S-load of PE involved does give me the chills... and the new JgdPz IV L/70 late prod kit is a strong contender - even though I don't yet have that one in hand, and it, too, comes with some serious PE... Thankfully, we have TIME on our side!

Bob
nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

"Hush, Friend, Hush!" Don't go around trumpeting loudly about all those spares you get that may enable you to build a whole 5th panzer from the extras from the bought 4!

Elsewise, those wily kit manufacturers will wise up and start marketing their kits as "Special Deal! Buy 4 and get a 5th tank FREE!", and jack the price up accordingly!

Choices, choices. But no rush, friend! You have TIME on your side, just like John P. and I do!

@John P.; The dithering already starts! That Dragon IV-J final prod kit is beckoning once again, even though the S-load of PE involved does give me the chills... and the new JgdPz IV L/70 late prod kit is a strong contender - even though I don't yet have that one in hand, and it, too, comes with some serious PE... Thankfully, we have TIME on our side!

Bob

That´s indeed a point... I will instantly stop telling about the spare upper hulls, glacis plates, roadweels, bits and pices all the sprues which will almost entirely go into the spares...
As said we´ve got plenty of time to think, but also to get new kits... which means I have to add the Stug AND a Dragon Brummbär to my list quite soon.... In the end it´s probably the kit which isn´t burried copletly by hundred of other kits |
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 03:38 AM UTC
Probably going to go with this one

maultier
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 12:16 AM UTC
how I say...
this

or this another

Btw the Kugelblitz is a paper panzer same of Waffentraeger 4, the only differene is because exist one kit of dragon.

anyway if is permited:

nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Btw the Kugelblitz is a paper panzer same of Waffentraeger 4, the only differene is because exist one kit of dragon.

According to the German Wikipedia 5 Kugelblitze were built and they´re quoting Spiegelberger (Der Panzerkampfwagen IV und seine Abarten), so I assume we can trust this...

If I recall it correctly, two or so saw actualy combat in the last days of the war...
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:41 AM UTC
Anyone worked on the CMK / Verlinden interior sets ?
I was thinking of getting one for a Tamyia H version but is it visible even with all hatches opened ?
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 10:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was thinking of getting one for a Tamyia H version but is it visible even with all hatches opened ?

Based on my own E build, I'd say you'll see roughly 50% of the interior with the turret hatches open, and a portion of that will only be vague detail without shining a light in and using a camera probe The driver's and radio operator's positions would probably be a little more visible although I kept those hatches shut.

Kimmo
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:39 PM UTC
Looks like I might be in with Dragon's Pz.IV D DAK Tropical. To be honest, half of my closet is filled with Dragon/CH pz.IVs.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:54 PM UTC
@Kimmo

Thanks for the info.
I prefer getting some AM Zimm

@Matt

That's some great news, we can keep doing a PzIV Campaigns for a few years
You're not the only one !!!

nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 06:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Based on my own E build, I'd say you'll see roughly 50% of the interior with the turret hatches open, and a portion of that will only be vague detail without shining a light in and using a camera probe The driver's and radio operator's positions would probably be a little more visible although I kept those hatches shut.

Kimmo

I´ve build the Trumpeter Bergepanzer IV (with coplete interior included), if you leave ALL hatches open you can see quite much... but if you close the maintaince hatches you could have painted quite a lot of sub assemblies in pink without beeing noticed

But still with all hatches open, I just noticed that I forgot to install the radio set as I found it under my bench a few weeks later
so it really depends on what you´re aiming for... for a normal "on the road"-setting it´s certainly not the best investion...
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:50 AM UTC

Hello,

I plan to do this:

Eyeing to finish it as an F2.

Cheers,

Tat
pablo_g
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 529 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:28 AM UTC
Hello,
I want to build Bergepanzer IV from Trumpeter I have Voyager PE set to this model. I must agree with Fabian it's very nice model.

Paweł
CmdrCody
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2014 - 12:34 AM UTC
I have several Panzer IV subjects in the stash but this one has been needed attention for a long time. Don M.
Snorri23
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
Armorama: 261 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:01 AM UTC
I would like to build the kugel blitz but so far could not find the appropriate replacement barrels for it. Anyone find anything for it? Thanks. If not I have a few other possibilities.
Northern_Lad
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 462 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 06:07 AM UTC
I'm up for this campaign. Won't start it until January 2015 though... I have a Revell 1:72 ausf H, which I will backdate to an F2 special with the help of a turned alluminium barrel (can't remember the make) and some other bits of plastic from the spares box.

Cheers

Matthew