Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Campaign :: Improve your figures!
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 02:50 PM UTC
i'm in. no idea what i'm going to do, got so many figures to work on!
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:42 AM UTC
This is what I have to draw from.I'm sure others have much larger stashes. I'm hoping to knock the figure stash down a bit this year.

The boxes with labels hold loose figures. The ICM Partisan box has three Miniart figure sets and the instructions for the loose figures in the two plastic tray organizers.
Some of these are assigned for other projects. Some sets were bought and I used one or two figures from them and placed the rest in the categorized boxes.

Striker
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 06:57 PM UTC
I've also got a good pile of boxes of figures but for this campaign I'm going to finish one of the metal ones. In December I picked up a 1/48 metal, early medieval figure from Miniature Service Center. They carry this range along with a Robin Hood range, AWI, and ACW. Not many parts but more workspace over my usual 28mm gaming figures.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 05:27 PM UTC
am in... did 3 figures last year for a StuG IV but have a few others I could do... not sure which I will (maybe the PaK 38 crew I have, maybe the card playing tankers I got with my current Pz III)
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 06:53 PM UTC
I enlisted as well.

Have been painting figures pretty much since I started with 1:35 and making dioramas and have been improving my skills ever since. So I don't see why I can't continue this upward drive in this campaign as well. Got a bunch of figures to paint for my Horch Kfz 15 and usually have a few other figures on the go as well.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:39 PM UTC
We're good to go !!

Enlist & Check Rules HERE !!

KitMaker Campaign Gallery for the finished builds: HERE !
Lakota
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
Armorama: 635 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 03:23 AM UTC
Howdy Y'all
I'll be building a figure from the Dragon Panzergrenadiers Arnhem 1944 Premium Edition set for this campaign. The figure I'm choosing is the dude sitting on the sidewalk with a panzerfaust. I'm already building the two figures on the right for the Operation Marketgarden Campaign. The running figure just seems to be an too awkward of a pose to bother building.

Y'all take care,
Don "Lakota"
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 568 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:16 AM UTC
Nice set Don I too have that kit in my stash.

Pete
Lakota
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:59 AM UTC
Thanks Peter
The figures are building up nicely, you'll enjoy them. I previously lost a head off one of the figures so I used the panzerfaust guy's head. Now I need to find a replacement head. I might use an AM set if I can't find a Dragon head in the spares box. My only complaint is the injection marks at the bottom of the panzerfaust box; I had wanted to build the box open.
Take care,
Don "Lakota"
Striker
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 08:14 AM UTC
Here's my entry, a 40mm Vanguard Knight on Foot, provided by The Miniature Service Center. It'll be the start of a collection of wargaming minis but each is a stand alone figure.

TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 01:22 PM UTC
These are what I'm doing.

Now to get a shot of the sprues with a date to prove I haven't started yet! Obviously these are old figures but I was impressed with the multipose 8th Army, and since these are 1/32 I didn't want to pose them with a 1/35 tank. Rather fancifully I want to try and create this as a background:

A tank carved out of rock (or volcanic ash) and discovered on Iwo Jima. Not quite sure how that will turn out, but that's the concept!
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:30 PM UTC
Cool choice, Nick. I got those Airfix figures as well. They could work with 1/35 if you replace the weapons. Not all humans are the same size. These sets are really cool and well engineered for their time.

Great idea about the background. Looking forward to see the project progress. Remember to share your work.
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:33 PM UTC
I am thinking either a 1/16 Paddy Maine figure in North Africa garb, or a set of Paras at Arnhem.

Will decide over next couple of days

Pete
PaulDF
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:48 PM UTC
Hi
Verlinden actually do a resin or ceramic kit of that volcanic ash tank - might save you a bit of time, if not money!
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:45 PM UTC
Hi Guys
Build time has been cut down a great deal but Im working on a Tamiya M-26 for the Engineering campaign and would like to enter the crew here
 photo P1090264.jpg
they are the driver and the truck commander
 photo P1090265.jpg
thats it for now
TankManNick
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 01:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi
Verlinden actually do a resin or ceramic kit of that volcanic ash tank - might save you a bit of time, if not money!

Didn't know that - I will check it out. Thanks!

Yeah - probably cost more than the $3 I paid for the figures!

Motives
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 444 posts
Armorama: 428 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 02:57 AM UTC
woho, nice to see this one take off! I'll be back later with my choice of figures
Lakota
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 04:58 AM UTC
Howdy Y'all
The basic construction is completed. Next-fill the gaps with putty. I had to use a different head from another Dragon set, it's soft plastic or vinyl. It changes the pose slightly.

The panzerfaust crate is a big disappointment. Wood grain on the bottom but not the back or the sides.

Take care,
Don "Lakota"
Mcleod
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,028 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 08:30 AM UTC
Here is my time stamp:

For me, this will be all about learning how to paint a figure properly. To that end, I'll likely wait until I see the techniques of more experienced figure painters here, before starting myself. I hope there will be lots of posting and photos over the campaigns duration.
TankManNick
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:24 AM UTC
Well cr*p! I'm typing away, add a smiley and the window disappears! Grr!

So, from now on I will type everything into Textpad first.

Back to the show. Here is my dated sprue shot. The parts were off-sprue when I got it.

I already have a dilemma! I can only find the same rather low-res picture of the Verlinden "rock tank" and no reviews. Is anyone familiar with this item or have better pictures? It doesn't look that hard to do, but if the background is taken care of I could concentrate on the figures. From the one picture it looks pretty good, though my AMS kicks in and I start to see subtle differences. Any thoughts?

(BTW, sharing these thoughts seems odd to me! I assume this sharing of the process is part of 'campaigning' - this is my first! If not, just tell me to shut up and start building already! )
Motives
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 444 posts
Armorama: 428 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 12:05 PM UTC
Don, off to a flying start!

Quoted Text

(BTW, sharing these thoughts seems odd to me! I assume this sharing of the process is part of 'campaigning' - this is my first! If not, just tell me to shut up and start building already! )

I think that is the very essence of campaigning so please, keep sharing! I have no real info on the rock tank but i found this pic of at least decent size:
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 02:55 PM UTC
These will be some of the figures that I plan to paint for this campaign. With a year to go I can do more but I think this is a decent start.

The figures in the Horch are Miniart figures with resin heads.

Figures have been assembled, cleaned and filled where neccesary.

And I have this figure in the planning. He is assembled and primed and soon will receive paint.

All painting will mostly be done with Humbrol enamels and oils. More to follow soon.
ejhammer
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 07:32 PM UTC
I'm not a figure guy, but did a model of the month for the WMIPMS meeting for January. First figure ever.

Will be doing these to populate an LCM-3 build. Plus a couple GI's for the first aid crew that are not shown here.

EJ
JackG
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 10:35 PM UTC
Unless I missed it, the campaign page with the rules should have a link posted to this thread.

----------------------

I'm working on a jagdpanzer IV, so likely do some kind of wip posting here on a couple figures in 1/35.

noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2015 - 03:28 AM UTC
Now I am swithering between

And these

Pete