Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Unfinished Business 2015
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 06:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Matt;

If that's your whole "unfinished shelf", looks like we might be in a tie! "17 - all"

But, wow! Do you actually keep those partials still in their boxes? Looks good and certainly enables the viewer to readily pick the next shelfie for some effort! Plastic shoe-boxes with small tape labels "depersonalizes" things and adds a level of anonymity, enabling some shy items to hide "in plain sight"!

And yeah, get all those finished and painted in this year and I really do think you should get something more than just a little "medal" at the end!

Maybe the campaign leader will organize some sort of "quantity-based" awards-system!

Start finishing, mate!

Bob

Quantity based award system.. I like that.
Last year's campaign worked wonders on clearing out the 'shelf of shame' but there are still stragglers. I think I got 5 done. Italeri Mautlier (sp?) w 2cm flak, T80 SMT and T80 e ERA, Mi 8 Hip and the cruddy Italeri Panther A as a Russian captured version.
That's not counting the 4-5 for Hanger Queen.. Su-25, Me 163, F-15 E, B-1

"Hi, I'm Mike and I have an unfinished kit problem..."

I do the kit box thing too, even so much that I have builds that were intentionally paused at the point that the next parts added would mean the kit would not fit in a closed box!

Up now, the AFV Club Wiesel that has sat in the box since it was a new kit. Sprues say 1996! Ouch, older than my son.

Wish me luck
Mike
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bob

Yes, I'm a little OCD. I keep them in the boxes since most of them are in subassemblies right up until the very end.

That ZLC2000 in the box? Looks like this right now:

Been that way for over a year, since I couldn't decide if I was man enough to try a digital camo scheme or the regular box art camo.

That is how most of the kits in those boxes are. Past the halfway point, but then I just lose interest, or that blasted real life thing gets in the way...

I did not know I had a long lost twin brother... -grin-

Hey! I know that kit!

Mine stalled after I bough paints and collected images to start doing the Digi cam. From my pics the cammo schemes look remarkably uniform vehicle to vehicle.

Good luck on those, I may get mine done too.
Unless something shiny distracts me, or life gets in the way.
Mike
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:55 PM UTC
Enlisted. This goes well with my enlistment in Hanger Queen V.

Cheers
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe the campaign leader will organize some sort of "quantity-based" awards-system!

Bob, as far as I know there is no way to upload more than one award in the Capaign page.
The only thing I can think of is doing an Armorama Feature for the member that finished X builds... something along that path.. maybe but that's up to the Campaign leader, Sean.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Bob, as far as I know there is no way to upload more than one award in the Capaign page.
The only thing I can think of is doing an Armorama Feature for the member that finished X builds... something along that path.. maybe but that's up to the Campaign leader, Sean.

John;

Wellllll... I was actually being facetious, but...

But... Now that this is up on the table... is it possible to add a number onto the one award issued to a player at the end of the campaign? So someone (maybe Matt! ) does complete several - say all 17 - (GREAT job, Mate! I KNOW that I'll be shamed here! ) - could that award have "17" imposed on it? That would be oh-so-cool! And an incentive to produce (not that I'm suggesting we modelers ever fall for something so trivial as a bitty electronic ego-boo! Not! )!

Bob

PS @Matt, Mike; My slow-movers actually progress by "stages"... they get to rest awhile in their kit boxes between building episodes - up to some vague point where I suddenly decide that it's time to move the thing into a shoe-box. Usually this will happen when the build has stalled but the sprues are mostly cut and gone. So I do have a few slow-movers still loitering around in their boxes waiting for eventual completion... or "promotion" to a plastic coffin in the queen's cabinet!
roteck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:58 PM UTC
I'm in! Got to finish my M51 last year! Got a few projects that could use the ribbon! :-)
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 03:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

is it possible to add a number onto the one award issued to a player at the end of the campaign?

Bob

Mhh no.
it's the same award for everyone, can't have different awards on the same Campaign.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:09 AM UTC
I can see the benefits of an award per completed entry but we dont want to turn it into a competion either in case that scares some people away. So its one ribbon per person...but... how about a league table in the thread, updated monthly, but only including those who do 2 or more buikds? That way those, like me, who will be lucky to do 1, will not see themselves always at the bottom of the league. And it would just be for interest and friendly rivalry, not a real competition.

Or we could say whoever wants to be included in the league has to agree to send a shelf queen to the winner to replenish their shelf of shame (that was a joke!)
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:14 AM UTC
And I forgot: thanks to all who endorsed the campaign to get it off the ground/water/air/vacume, and welcome to all who have enlisted!

Remember the principle rule: have fun.....
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:31 AM UTC
And here is my first attempt. A Tamiya PAK 40 ready for some weathering. That is where it has sat for sometime (oh in the pic the wheels and some other bits have not been permanently glued on yet). My first attempt at using this stuff. Yes I do have a fear of this stuff. All that work only to end up being messed up with a bad weathering job. So here goes

Cheers

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:41 AM UTC
We dont kick off until Feb 1st
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

yeah, right... like I am going to finish something off by then.. -grin-
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, this Campaign really does get into the subject. Thanks for giving me another reason not to work on it for another couple of weeks

Cheers
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And.... I don't have to painstakingly assemble these tracks on my T-34 (Year 5 - 2nd set of AM tracks) for another couple of weeks - Woot

Cheers again

BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 08:48 AM UTC
Guys

I certainly won't be making this a competition

My resolution (at my wife's SIGNIFICANT urging) was to clear out the half built and unfinished kits before I could restock the shelves haha. That's why all my new kits are delivered to my office for now.

I've been out of the game for so long using these to finish up will help me get my techniques down before cracking open one of the new spendy kits.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 02:10 PM UTC
Good to see you have the motivation of a significant other Matt

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Wow, this Campaign really does get into the subject. Thanks for giving me another reason not to work on it for another couple of weeks

Cheers

OK, I get the irony there but if they have been shelf queens for months or years another few weeks won't make any difference. Consider it an oppertunity to further work on your motivation Maybe matt's wife can do an inspirational post/video?
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 02:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

yeah, right... like I am going to finish something off by then.. -grin-

Gee Mike, that Pak looks lke it'll be finished in the morning....

But I know what you mean. I'm always afraid of the weathering stage that I over-do it and destroy an otherwise reasonable build. That's what happened my SAM-6 in UB last year and I couldn't go back to it so it's back on the shelf of shame even worse than when I took it off the shelf. It's hard to get the balance right when it comes to weathering....especially without an airbrush
AmTrac1833
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 376 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:08 PM UTC
Here is my LVTEX3 as she currently sits accompanied by yet another kit that needs to return to the hobby desk, the artist’s concept for the LVTPX12. I will focus on the LVTEX and transition to the concept vehicle if time allows to complete her for this campaign.

Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 12:40 PM UTC
Hey,

After failing to finish my Italeri IDF M60 for the UB 2014 campaign, I cannot let this second chance slip away Count me in!

This is how far I got last year when the tracks threatened to turn me mad:

I might even re-open that 1:72 Me-262 I have lingering around and finally try my hand at the moth camo.

Good luck everyone!

Cheers,
Cristian
turtle65
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 01:06 PM UTC
All,
Just ticked my name onto the list.
Have a few bits'n'pieces that need to see some progression ,
1st will be the Scammell Scarab @ 24 scale (100% scratch),
2nd needs to be the FWD Model B @ 24th scale (100% scratch),
but really should finish the current project (over in Scratchbuilders forum) the 1937 C-65 crawler @ 24th scale and again 100% scratch.
Almost time to blow the dust off the storage boxes and have another peek inside .
Till then _ _ _ _
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 02:50 PM UTC
I am in! I do not have as much unfinished stuff as some of you(17 kits!), but still plenty to choose from.

Looking forward to get started!
Leha12
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 04:11 PM UTC
Would I qualify with a build that I started last year and haven't touched since December? And would it be ok if I maybe have one or two joint- and seam-filling sessions before the official start of the campaign? The subject in question is a Dragon Pz. II F
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 04:44 PM UTC
Alexey, I am not the campaign leader, but I am quite sure both things are OK.

The idea is to finished a started kit, no matter how old.

Since your kit is already started it is probably fine to fix a few seem lines, but obviously not finish the whole kit before the campaign starts.
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 04:56 PM UTC
Definitely in again! This was my most successful campaign last year as I managed to get 4 shelf queens from the Queeg stash of partly assembled stuff (30 or so) finished up.

I'll probably knock off some 1/72nd Dragon 251's first as they didn't get finished in time for the recently closed 251 campaign ....

cheers
Brent
Leha12
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 12:43 AM UTC
Jesper, thanks for the reply. I'll enlist then, will be my first campaign