Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Building a summer retreat in the Normandy
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 02:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry, I see you have not missed a beat my good man! Great job turning that tool box into what you got going so far! Impressive! I have a lot of catching up to do around here to see all the great work everyone has done! Feels good to be back!

Well thank you Sir and great to see you back. Some of the "old hands" have been slowly filing back into the room and it's nice to see!
J
Sean50
Visit this Community
Manche, France
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 03:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had several folks tell me my wall was too tall for Normandy.
J

They're wrong

This is excellent Jerry. There is a lot of colour variation even within the same structure sometimes.
I like what you've done and am looking forward to more.

Keep it up!

Cheers

Sean
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 02:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

J

They're wrong

This is excellent Jerry. There is a lot of colour variation even within the same structure sometimes.

Keep it up!

Cheers

Sean

Thanks mate,I can always rely on your advice.
I do wonder where some of the pushback opinions come from sometimes. Where do they get their info,etc ?
Oh well,I will continue to use hard refs like period pics and google earth images of the location showing the actual buildings and surrounds. What else can I do ?
J
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 04:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

J

They're wrong

Keep it up!

Cheers

Sean

Thanks mate,I can always rely on your advice.
I do wonder where some of the pushback opinions come from sometimes. Where do they get their info,etc ?
Oh well,I will continue to use hard refs like period pics and google earth images of the location showing the actual buildings and surrounds. What else can I do ?
J

Absolutely nothing Jerry, haters gonna hate and praiser's gonna praise. I like to praise. Job well done.
G-man69
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 944 posts
Armorama: 928 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 11:19 PM UTC
Hi Jerry,

Your wall looks excellent, bigger is better, The one I recently made looked too small at a scale 6', yours is bang on IMHO, .

Cheers, ,

G
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 11:10 AM UTC
Dave and G thanks Gents. Your comments mean a lot to me.

Forward movement finally. The HQ commo hole is underway.

maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 11:19 AM UTC
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 01:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave and G thanks Gents. Your comments mean a lot to me.

Forward movement finally. The HQ commo hole is underway.

Jerry, that's sick! That looks exactly like a real hole, dug by a real life hole digger... and I ought to know!

I've dug 6 or 7 of them in the last 2 weeks, and filled in 3 more from last year. What an awesome post to tide me over for a couple more days... well done sir.

justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 04:20 PM UTC
He looks guilty as all hell. I think he’s tunneling under your farmhouse toolbox... uh... toolbox farmhouse... well, you know... to pilfer your tools!😂
Nice one, Jerry!🍺

—mike
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 05:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

He looks guilty as all hell. I think he’s tunneling under your farmhouse toolbox... uh... toolbox farmhouse... well, you know... to pilfer your tools!😂
Nice one, Jerry!🍺

—mike

ya he does! Busted! No soup for him!

Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 11:03 PM UTC
"Dude where's my KAR?"

Fantastic
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 02:49 AM UTC
Thanks Gents. It is nice to get past a kind of tedious part in a build and see visible progress.
This is of course,why I usually take a break and build a small thing to give me a "completion" fix,
J
G-man69
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 04:30 AM UTC
Hi Jerry,

The wall and groundwork detail is simply amazing, .

Cheers, ,

G
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 09:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry,

The wall and groundwork detail is simply amazing, .

Cheers, ,

G

Thanks buddy!
Maybe search for the 7 Armor Div. site to find tht Crommy/firefly pic ?
J
Golikell
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 914 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 11:12 PM UTC
Things come together beautifully, as usual. The fig adds to the house. Maybe a roll of communication wire?
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 - 07:05 AM UTC
I ordered a very convincing accurate Normandy style building from Jose.
Nicely done. It will save me time for sure. Be advised it does not come with details like the telephone support and gas pump. But what you get is awesome and in resin. The roof is the style that Frenchie posted here a while ago answering my query about Norman roofs. I knew it would take me days to make one like that and here one is! Jose said he will eventually release roof sections separately.

Have a good'un,
J
TanksForTheMemory
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 154 posts
Armorama: 152 posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 - 10:23 AM UTC
Jerry, that is indeed a nice looking set. Reminds me of the old Verlinden Diorama Construction Sets. It's handy when someone does all of the heavy-lifting and leaves you to focus on the details.

Also good to see a building which is intact and which actually has a complete roof (OK, half a roof). I find those angular cut-offs distracting, even if they help to save space. That's why I had to shift the buildings forward on my Italian dio.

As you know, there are plenty of options for petrol pumps and telegraph poles aout there.

Does it come with the windows, gutters, doors etc?
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 - 10:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jerry, that is indeed a nice looking set. Reminds me of the old Verlinden Diorama Construction Sets. It's handy when someone does all of the heavy-lifting and leaves you to focus on the details.

Also good to see a building which is intact and which actually has a complete roof (OK, half a roof). I find those angular cut-offs distracting, even if they help to save space. That's why I had to shift the buildings forward on my Italian dio.

As you know, there are plenty of options for petrol pumps and telegraph poles aout there.

Does it come with the windows, gutters, doors etc?

Windows shutters and doors. Door stoops. No other details. Really a generic building and can be used for many choices. Great Norman look though.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 03:29 AM UTC
Another commo hole got dug. This kid is getting tired.

Also,remember,this is a WIP
J
G-man69
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 04:17 AM UTC
Hi Jerry,

Your wip's are better than my finished products...that's if I ever get to finish one, .

Cheers, ,

G
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 04:29 AM UTC
Hey, a communications wire. How original! 😉
dhines
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 407 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 05:01 AM UTC
This is really nice Jerry, I look forward to you performing your usual magic on it. I did not know of this line as I thought they went out of business many years ago. They used to be a Canadian company back in the 90s. I still have many detail sets and ceramic buildings in my stash. Back in the day, before Verlinden was the go to, they put out some really fantastic stuff. I think I will buy this as I love the Normandy setting, and I can base a dio or 2 on the Canadian actions there.It is great to see you check in Jerry, and I hope all is well for you and yours.I look forward to your next updates and hope to see one soon. Best regards.........Dale
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 05:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is really nice Jerry, I look forward to you performing your usual magic on it. I did not know of this line as I thought they went out of business many years ago. They used to be a Canadian company back in the 90s. I still have many detail sets and ceramic buildings in my stash. Back in the day, before Verlinden was the go to, they put out some really fantastic stuff. I think I will buy this as I love the Normandy setting, and I can base a dio or 2 on the Canadian actions there.It is great to see you check in Jerry, and I hope all is well for you and yours.I look forward to your next updates and hope to see one soon. Best regards.........Dale

Yes, I thought the same. My railway station (see my dio "Lasst Ihn Sausen") was from Custom Dioramics.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 06:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry,

Your wip's are better than my finished products...that's if I ever get to finish one, .

Cheers, ,

G

Hey,I went for weeks and weeks on this with barely any progress so don't feel alone.
I broke th log jam a bit and now made some headway.

Thanks mate!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 06:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The building will save some time for sure. Things are well here. You ??
Speaking of Canadians I have a future project concerning them. The Battle of Putot. Aweful thing. Same time as the victory at Bretteville. Not as pretty though.
J