Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
The Greatest Ever Modern Tanks Campaign
sherman-vc
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 08:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Am currently reviewing this kit and boy is there lots of goodies in one box or what. Very impressed by what ive seen so far for this kit.

I'll try and take some pic's this weekend of what I have done so far. Don't much care for the vinyl tires. I wish manufactures would stick to plastic wheels I find them much easier to clean up and paint. I am hoping this is only the first of many Centurion kits from AFV club.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 03:03 PM UTC
ok guys, seeing as the main theme of this campaign is for you to determine what the greatest ever tank is in modern day history, i just couldnt come up with a decent enough award that was worthy enough. The only one i could think of was the CMOH award.

Am open to suggestions if anyone has any but if you are happy with it, do let me know. You will be 'wearing' it after all so might as well wear a good looking one.
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 602 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC
I should be starting my Tamiya T-72 by this weekend hopefully.

Had a heck of a time trying to find this kit. No shops around here had it and the one source I did find wanted an outrageous price for it.

Good ole E-bay came through so I am set. Really looking forward to starting this project!

Jeff
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 455 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 09:35 PM UTC
Hey Klaus, I read an article on those Chilean M41's. Nice build. I get such a great kick seeing camouflaged equipment from around the world.

Looks like the DDR T-72 for me...Or perhaps a German Leopard ll...

Gary
JimtheGreat
Visit this Community
Larisa, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 10:55 PM UTC
I have decided mine.One of the best tanks ever. Leopard 2 A4. I just don't now what colors to paint it. The german painting or the exotic greek. The most exotic painting of a tank that serves in a european army. The colors are anti-infared greekmade so are a little weird even for the greek enviroment (i don't now who the hell choosed those colors). Take a look

The tanks are newly recieved from the german reserves
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:19 PM UTC
Does someone have the instruction sheets for any of the SKIF T-80s? I'm building the command version (with the antenna folded), but would like to pose the machine gun on the turret, and this particular version's manual does not show the gun (on some photos you still can see it, though).
(The instructions are terrible, by the way. You can see boxes and other stuff attached to the turret on the box art which are not even mentioned in the instructions; there are not many sources on the tank online or offline. The instructions are not clear what goes where; the parts are thick, and hard to remove without damage from the sprues... Some details, like the optics are missing completely. This will be my least accurate model yet. It really is for the professionals, not the for kinds like me.)
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 08:15 AM UTC
Man that Greek paint job is nothing but cool! Thanks, I have to use that paint job one of these days.

Gary
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 08:28 AM UTC
Please excuse my ignorance but I can't seem to find where to upload my campaign photo to???

Help please...
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Please excuse my ignorance but I can't seem to find where to upload my campaign photo to???

Help please...

The galleries themselves have yet to be created which is why you cant find them. I will chase up on that and inform you from this thread.

It should appear in the 2006 Campaign folder once created.
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 07:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It should appear in the 2006 Campaign folder once created.

If I were just patient like when I'm working on a model, I would have realized it's too early in this campaign. Besides, I don't have anything to post there because I'm still trying to decide what to build?! Thanks.

Gary
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 03:17 PM UTC
I've PM'ed Guntruck to have the galleries created so they should be up pretty soon.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 02:46 AM UTC
I'm in. I have several M1's in the stash as well as a Challenger. Haven't decided what to build yet, but with 6 months to go I figure I have a little time.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:16 AM UTC
Hi folks, I did a few mods to the paint of my little build and added a crew figure (kittbashed from a lot of Tamiya parts), so new pcs were taken.

Cheers
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi folks, I did a few mods to the paint of my little build and added a crew figure (kittbashed from a lot of Tamiya parts), so new pcs were taken.

Funny how you are the first successful submission to my campaign while i was the 1st in yours.

Nice job on your build buddy! What did you use to make the camo net?

Oh and same thing applies for submissions once again. Would be great if you could move it to the gallery on kitmaker. You can find it here

dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 11:02 AM UTC
A nice buddy system hey?

I used gauze to make the camo net.....

IŽll place the pics ASAP in the proper gallery

Cheers
propnut_66
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 07:04 AM UTC
I now have the motivation to build the USMC MIA1 heavy armor by Dragon that I bought in a flea market 6 or 7 years ago. it appears to have snorkel equipment and was photographed on a beach - surely it is too heavy to be an amphib. Any info on this model?
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 07:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I now have the motivation to build the USMC MIA1 heavy armor by Dragon that I bought in a flea market 6 or 7 years ago. it appears to have snorkel equipment and was photographed on a beach - surely it is too heavy to be an amphib. Any info on this model?

It is deep water fording equipment used by the Marines for amphibious assaults. The tank does not float, but with the fording gear attached, it can wade in water deeper than usual.
RHO_Steel
Visit this Community
Dodecanese, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 05:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have decided mine.One of the best tanks ever. Leopard 2 A4. I just don't now what colors to paint it. The german painting or the exotic greek.

Beautiful choice, I would propose to you kit Revell leopard 2A4 1/35
for more informations about camo or images http://www.modelclub.gr
Good job
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 01:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Beautiful choice, I would propose to you kit Revell leopard 2A4 1/35
for more informations about camo or images http://www.modelclub.gr
Good job

Hey Antony, great Greek camo site! Some really unique paint jobs there. I remember those camouflaged Starfighters streaking across the Greek skies when my wife and I visited Greece on our honeymoon in 1972. Really great, thanks, Gary K.
propnut_66
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 05:34 AM UTC
Thanks for the info. I'm looking foreward to the campaign. good talking to youse guys!
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 11:14 PM UTC
In progress: USMC M1A1 HC

Erik
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 06:10 AM UTC

More details here.

Erik
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 08:11 AM UTC
Looking good so far Erik.

Keep us posted on further progress. Ive really got to get my own butt in gear and start on mine.
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2006 - 01:07 PM UTC
Finished!

More details and pics here. Pictures have been uploaded in the campign gallery.

Erik
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2006 - 02:36 PM UTC
If it fits in the Capaign's scope I'd like to go with a Leopard 1A2I that is an improvement of the original Leopard 1A1 built under license in Italy by the Fiat/Iveco/OTO Melara consortium from 1973 onwards.
In my view the Leopard 1 should be one of the 10 best due to these reasons:
- I just love it (I was an istructor on it for a few years
- it's the evolution of the Panther and it's the "father" of the Leo 2 family
- it was very reliable and powerful and it was eqipped with a real multi-fuel engine
- it was the backbone of many armies around the world (Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Canada, Norway, ecc.) and it's still a best seller on the "second hand" market
Just let me know. If the anwer is yes I will make an unusual one too: it will wear the markings of the Carabinieri, the Italian Military Police....
Ciao
Fabio