Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Sd.kfz.250/3 "GREIF"
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 07:02 AM UTC
Ambi ... what? Hey! Where's my stinkin' dictionary at.

~ Jeff
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 09:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

~ Jeff

Gary and Jeff S... I beleive the correct term is ambihandstrous Am I going to have to seperate you two?Model on,Jeff T.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 09:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

~ Jeff

Gary and Jeff S... I beleive the correct term is ambihandstrous Am I going to have to seperate you two?Model on,Jeff T.

GREAT! He found us again. Time to find another thread to hang out at. (Oh, and it's i before e, except after c)

~ Jeff
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 11:09 AM UTC
I'm sorry,I guess I should have knocked first?I did not mean to intrude.
Time for my sponge bath anyway.Jeff T.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 12:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm sorry,I guess I should have knocked first?I did not mean to intrude.
Time for my sponge bath anyway.Jeff T.

Hey you guys, no need to knock, the doors unlocked, come on in!

What? i am an e except when i c?

OH BOY! I want a sponge bath too! Wait...did you say sponge bath or sponge chipping.

Gary
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 06:11 PM UTC
Hi fellas,

Small update. Got a little paint work done. I hope to have much more done tomorrow night. Hers whoot i gowt naoow. That was an attempt to type a texan accent. Yikes!

Thanks for looking guys!

Gary
adamant
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 06:23 PM UTC
Hi Gary, loved your Panther so looking forward to what you do with the GREIF, off to a good start there.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 06:31 PM UTC
Thank you James! I hope to do it justice. It will be fun.

Gary
Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 10:52 PM UTC
Talk about nostalgia, I built this kit about 30 years ago as a kid.

I’ll be watching this one Gary. Paint looks good so far!
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 11:53 PM UTC
It's looking very good Gary! I even looked into getting one of these to add to my StuG build.

Speaking of StuG's, when you're finished with the "GREIF" you should really think about showing us all how to build one here: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=596

Would be like old times!

~ Jeff
asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 1,389 posts
Armorama: 1,388 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 03:25 AM UTC
Looking gooooood Gary, btw nice accent.
Jeff, nice kit you got there (stug).
Hey guys since you are all there, I'm starting a build log on a cyber-Hobby firefly 1c and I need your "savoir-faire".
Since all the top dogs are following Master Windu's thread I tought I post it here. With the aprobation of the master of course!

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/192185&page=1#1608470

Keep it up Gary, I'm enjoying this man!

Phil.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 04:02 AM UTC
Hi Gents,

John - Thanks man! An oldie but goodie...i hope!

Jeff S. - I would have loved to join your Stug campaign. however i have already built that same kit about 5 months ago. The Stuh 42 is an awesome kit. It was my first full interior and youll see how much i had to add to it when you build yours. Heres links to the build and the finished Stuh.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/186482#1559016
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/184202#1543311
I hope you can get some good out of that thread Jeff.

Phil - Thanks bro! I knew if anyone would recognize my Texan accent it would be you. Good luck with your firefly build.

You guys please hop over and checkout phils build. Theres gonna be great things going on over there!

Gary
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gents,

Jeff S. - I would have loved to join your Stug campaign. however i have already built that same kit about 5 months ago. The Stuh 42 is an awesome kit. It was my first full interior and youll see how much i had to add to it when you build yours. Heres links to the build and the finished Stuh.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/186482#1559016
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/184202#1543311
I hope you can get some good out of that thread Jeff.

Gary

Gary, it's really open to any StuG III (A, B, C, D, E, F or G) or the StuG IV.

Of course I won't be going "Hog Wild" as what you have done. Nice work on the interior!

~ Jeff
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 06:16 AM UTC
Gary-- outstanding work as usual. What color and brand paint did you apply to the seats?
thanks
DJ
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 06:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gary-- outstanding work as usual. What color and brand paint did you apply to the seats?
thanks
DJ

Hello DJ,

Thanks man! On the seat cushions i base coated with Vallejo model color Flat Earth. I then went back and Lightly sprayed a very thin mist of Tamiya XF-57 Buff on the center of the flat parts of the seats. Heres a couple pics of what i have right now. the seats have been sealed with future clear.

Thanks for stopping by DJ!

Gary
asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 07:48 AM UTC
It would be interesting to see some wireing on this engine...Just a tought to tempt you Master.

Nicely done. What is that future clear stuff you all talking about?

Phil.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It would be interesting to see some wireing on this engine...Just a tought to tempt you Master.

Nicely done. What is that future clear stuff you all talking about?

Phil.

Hey Phil,

HAHA! Nice try bro. Not this time. Future is an Acrylic clear gloss used to shine floors. Lots of modelers use it for thier gloss coat. heres a couple pics of it.

I have been useng it for my gloss coat for nearly 4 years. I bought 2 bottles and i still have a bottle and a half after lots of builds. It dries hard and durable to any washes i have in the arsenal. it shoots stright out of the bottle no thinnig necessary. Decals lay down nice and smooth. It cleans ot of the AB with windex glass cleaner then a thorough flush with water. You should try it Bro. it will keep you from having to buy Tamiya Gloss all the time.

Gary
asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:13 AM UTC
Woooo, got to get my hands on this....in Quebec. Ill look around for sure! Thanks mate that is a sweet deal.

Phil.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 02:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have been useng it for my gloss coat for nearly 4 years. I bought 2 bottles and i still have a bottle and a half after lots of builds. It dries hard and durable to any washes i have in the arsenal. it shoots stright out of the bottle no thinnig necessary. Decals lay down nice and smooth. It cleans ot of the AB with windex glass cleaner then a thorough flush with water. You should try it Bro. it will keep you from having to buy Tamiya Gloss all the time.

Gary

But wait, there’s more . . . and if you’re one of the first five hundred to be reading through this then all you’ll need to do is click your way to the complete Future and start enjoying the same shinny brilliance on your very own painted plastic model parts, so don’t wait be the last one on your block to miss out on this fantastic product. ‘Oh, look at what I can do with this product by just using a simple airbrush honey!’ That's right, don't go there that's guaranteed to have her hand you the mop to do the bathroom and kitchen floors! No floors, no sponge bath!

@asmodeuss – Phil, the product may be sold under a different name but the link I provided for you (and others reading through this post) will let you know which brand names it is carried under. And of course I’ll be dropping in to check out your latest build log, Firefly IC. Sounds interesting . . .

@BBD468 – Gary, the wash looks really good on the parts now that you’ve sealed them. I also have to agree with Phil about the accent, nice. Even got me in the mood to take out the cannon and blow away a roach on the wall, John Wayne style with both my feet crossed on top of the work bench, hihi.

~ Eddy
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 03:47 PM UTC
WOW! Eddy, That was an AWESOME infomercial!!! Ive got enough for the next 10 years and you still managed to make me want to buy another bottle!

Eddy, You needa wach em rowchees! Em critters er myttie hearty. u needa put one bullet ina body an two ina heead to mayke seeure thayer Dayead pard. YEEEHAAAWWW!!!

No i have not been drinking!

Anyways, i do have a couple pics for you guys.

More tomorrow fellas. And i will retire the cowboy accent...maybe.

Gary
FD3S20B
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 255 posts
Armorama: 250 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 04:25 PM UTC
nice job so far gary
csosus
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 05:22 PM UTC
@Eddy...Everything is bigger here in Texas, I grew up in Houston and we had HUGE tree roaches (and they fly too!!), and yes I did used to shoot hem with my BB gun, John Wayne style with my feet propped up on the picnic bench.

@Gary...nice nastalgic build. I built the GRIEF some 30 years ago. Just curious what part of Texas you are in. I'm in the Dalls area. FYI, the local North Texas/Dallas IPMS show is May 19th at the Mequite Rodeo...no, not the dirt floor part, they have a convention center there. If yer in the nieghborhood, come-on down.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 09:15 PM UTC
Gary... Looking awesome Bub.Do you have any plans for a body color?Jeff T.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 09:48 PM UTC
Hey, it's really coming together now! And I gotta agree, your work on the seatcovers is very convincing Gary. You gotta go into more detail on that.

So, are we leaving it this base color or are we coming up with a BBD468 special camo?

~ Jeff
asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 - 03:11 AM UTC
HEY Eddy! Thanks for the link on the real future...Never tought that the future looked like that And thanks for stoping by on the firefly.

@Jeff T. I've just ordered A stug 111 orange box from sprue bros so...I'll surely join the fun in july.

@Gary, my man, I must admit we all need at least the special Mace camo on this one hehe. So i'm with Jeff S. on that. This is looking great Bud!
May the Force be with you.

Phil.