Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
The Great War: Dawning of a New Age
SHAKY962
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 765 posts
Armorama: 438 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:32 PM UTC
I start....

thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 05:30 PM UTC
Hi Jose.. That thing is tiny!! great start.
Just a small update.. Decals are on ,a couple of washes and now back to a flat coat... Now the real weathering can start..

Rick
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:30 AM UTC
Nice work Rick, Jose.

A very small update, going down with some bug, but a bit more on the after searchlight platform.

the bottom supports all added, now 1/4 of the way through the upper ones.

Moe soon

Si
RedDuster
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 04:21 AM UTC
More slow but sure progress on the searchlight platforms.

The midships platform is now complete.

The after platform hs ad all the etched supports added, and the upper level is test fitted (A bit wonky, but it will sit straight when glued.

More soon
Si
hofpig
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 09:11 AM UTC
Some new pics just to show I am still working on this project...

The empty shell cases laid out as per the picture I am basing the dio on.

Final layout with added LMG position ( I have one in the ICM equipment ser and that area is crying out to have something in it!

Paul
Sniper738
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 03:31 PM UTC
Hello you guys. I just joined this campaign and it is my first time in any campaign (not including my time in the US Marines). I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right, so please feel free to instruct me as I go. I'm a long-time modeler, but new to this internet modeling stuff.
I'm seeing some great model photos for this campaign so far. Hope I'm worthy. I have been wanting to do something soon for WW1.
Q: Do I have to have someone approve of my choice of a model or do I pick a subject and just start talking about what I'm doing?
Here is a photo of a 1/48 scale SE5a I built a while back (its not part of this campaign).

Thank you for letting me join (I hope). Semper Fi, Dan
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 03:04 AM UTC
Dan,

Welcome! You don't need anyone to approve your choice of subjects as long as it meets the nominal conditions in the rules (See the campaign page for that, where you "enlist" in the campaign).

Once you've chosen a subject, take at least one photo in it's current condition (unbuilt, or with a little bit built) and post it here. As you progress, post a couple more times with at least one photo (though "lots" of photos is suggested) and at the end, post at least one photo of the completed model and also upload that photo to the campaigns directory set aside for this campaign.

Do these few things, my young padawan, and you will be awarded the campaign ribbon for your dining and dancing enjoyment...
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 05:47 AM UTC
Ho Simon.

Good work.

Hi Paul,

look forward to developments. Is it the 1902 M gun you're building?

Rick,

Looking good.

Hi Daniel,

Look forward to developments, neat plane.

Cheers

Al
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 05:49 AM UTC
Some really nice work being done guys.

I cut and pieced together the wood for my base today. It's in the next room letting the wood glue dry. I'll be working on the base layout maybe tonight and trying to get some progress done on this one.
hofpig
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Paul,

look forward to developments. Is it the 1902 M gun you're building?

Cheers

Al

Alan,

Yes it is the kit is a bit of nightmare though, you have to read some bits about 3 or 4 dozen times just to figure a few things. I managed to find a walk around a few months back so I have a few pics to work from which helps a lot. I seem to have lost the site now though. Thinking about it to be accurate it is the 1912 update of the 1902 gun (the 1902 had no gun shield).

Paul
Sniper738
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 01:24 AM UTC
Hi Paul, you are fast and informative as usual!!! Thank you! Dan P.S. At my age its always nice to be called young.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 08:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

At my age its always nice to be called young.

Yeah, tell me about it!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 03:50 AM UTC
Got this one finished .. I haven't found the gallery to post my final picture but here are a few pictures of the finished kit ...

Rick
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 05:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello you guys. I just joined this campaign and it is my first time in any campaign (not including my time in the US Marines). I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right, so please feel free to instruct me as I go. I'm a long-time modeler, but new to this internet modeling stuff.
I'm seeing some great model photos for this campaign so far. Hope I'm worthy. I have been wanting to do something soon for WW1.
Q: Do I have to have someone approve of my choice of a model or do I pick a subject and just start talking about what I'm doing?
Here is a photo of a 1/48 scale SE5a I built a while back (its not part of this campaign).

Thank you for letting me join (I hope). Semper Fi, Dan

Of course you can join, just make sure that you enlist!

You can do this here: http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=651

Any subject from WWI is welcome in this campaign. The rules should clarify everything, but let me know if you still have any questions.

Welcome to the campaign, and glad to have you with us in the front lines!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 05:18 PM UTC
I really like the subtlety of your vignette Rick, it sets your build off nicely! That's also probably the only terrain that poor beast performed well on...
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 07:14 PM UTC
lol It's a base I had hanging around ... I'm not sure what or if I'm going to really make a base for this one ...If I do ,it won't be right away ..
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 05:03 AM UTC
I got some work done on the base.

Basic layout of the base. For the wood I used sections of laminate flooring. It's engineered, handles water well, and can be assembled to various sizes. The base is Styrofoam. I usually over add the Styrofoam with the idea that I'll be carving it down as I go.

Add the FT-17 as reference. I had thought about having it trying to cross a trench, but instead cross over a bunker area and it collapse. I've got a machine gun around here that should fit so I'll probably place it there instead as a MG nest.

I jumped ahead a bit with the build. I added floor planking and support planking for sections of the side-walls. Since the trench wasn't deep enough, I added sections of sandbags.

Celluclay time. Covered the Styrofoam and added sprinkles of the stuff to the planking. Added some to the sides of the tank to help tie it to the base.

Drying...literally it's still drying in the bed of my truck. It's been cool and overcast so drying time has been long. We've got some sunshine today so I expect it'll be done.

That is it for now. I need to start back on the figures.
Sniper738
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 01:26 PM UTC
Richard, fantastic job on scaling down your colors! Very realistic. Very unique tank. Dan
SHAKY962
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 765 posts
Armorama: 438 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 02:12 PM UTC
@Rick your Charmond is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!
I see in this campaign some works that are amazing!!!!!!!!!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 - 03:20 AM UTC
Thanks guys ..It's a great kit and I hope they keep coming out with more WWI tank kits..

Rick
RedDuster
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 06:21 AM UTC
Great builds going guys, watching with interest.

A bit more progress with Tiger,

The troublesome after searchlight platform in place, still needs a little freckling before I fit the searchlights.

No. ! funnel nearly finished, all the vertical rigging in place and the cap formed over the spinner for a 1/48 Fairey Firefly. needs a bit of final adjustment.

Working from the Kagero book on her predecessor HMS Queen Marym the flag lockers were at the back of the lower superstructure, these have been scratchbuilt from stock plastic strip.

Painted, and the fore funnel fitted.

Feel like I have made a bit of progress, two more funnels to prep, then I can get on with the stays.

more soon.

Si
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 04:41 AM UTC
Awesome work Si ... My hat's off for you boat builders..I would never have the patience.

Rick
2ndWorcesters
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:44 AM UTC
I've just been looking through this thread to get an idea of what builds are being done.

The quality of the scratchbuilding, dioramas and kits is just astonishing, well done guys.

I hope to join with a 1:72 bi-plane soon.

Alan
hofpig
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 03:17 AM UTC
Hi folks,

a bit more progress working my way through the Photoetch parts of my build. Just goes to remind me how much I hate the stuff! Just the photo etch elements of the side mounted seats to go now (they are going to be a pain though).

Just a mock up on using a bunch of grass tufts I had around, not sure if to use more, less of just cover the whole thing with grass!

The view down the trench to the gun position.

The LMG position as it stands, I may open it up a little more I am not sure yet. Just need to add some barbed wire to the wood before I add some more around the front of the position.

Here you can see a bit of the photo etch I have laboured over for the last few days! I think I will go back to some of the figures for a few days for a rest!

Paul

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
Good progress Paul.

Welcome along Alan.

Al